NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Dec 17th 2021, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Hello!
Thought I would update on our journey
Here's the beginning to recap:
Submitted I-130 18th August 2020 and approved 16th Nov 2020.
Took our time getting our docs in order and finished submitting everything 9th Feb and documentarily qualified the same day 9th Feb 2021.
And the update:
Embassy interview initially scheduled for beginning Aug but had to reschedule which was beginning of Nov but husband caught COVID so had to reschedule again for 10th Nov. Not approved based on something that we still don't understand. Paperwork asked for US income only from petitioner of which I have none as I live in the UK (I am petitioner) but our assets filled the requirement which more than surficed (keeping in mind all our paperwork had previously been approved). Regardless, they wanted my UK income put in the US income boxes. So, we did that and resubmitted that partiular form. They had kept his passport at the interview.
We just received his passport with visa yesterday via courier.
We can now start making our final plans to move which will be mid next year.
So, for us, 15 months but we postponed over 3 months which suited us better.
Wishing everyone who's still in the process well on their journeys.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
Hello!
Took our time getting our docs in order and finished submitting everything 9th Feb and documentarily qualified the same day 9th Feb 2021.
And the update:
Embassy interview initially scheduled for beginning Aug but had to reschedule which was beginning of Nov but husband caught COVID so had to reschedule again for 10th Nov. Not approved based on something that we still don't understand. Paperwork asked for US income only from petitioner of which I have none as I live in the UK (I am petitioner) but our assets filled the requirement which more than surficed (keeping in mind all our paperwork had previously been approved). Regardless, they wanted my UK income put in the US income boxes. So, we did that and resubmitted that partiular form. They had kept his passport at the interview.
So glad to hear you guys are finally through! What an interesting chain of events with the income requirement though. I can't remember what we did and perhaps the same will happen to us.

Right now, we are waiting for case review at NVC having submitted all docs in mid October (deliberate delay on our part). Thinking we might be looking at a Feb interview date based on current processing times.

Alas, I wish you all the best and do keep us updated on your endeavours! Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Yes, it was interesting and unexpected. It may very well be that we got unlucky as it doesn't seem to be standard. Someone told me that staff from other areas have been helping out during COVID and it may be my husband ended up with someone who wasn't as familiar? There's no way of knowing but the end result is fine. It was just extremely disappointing for him to walk away from the Embassy with no conclusion as there's such a build up to that one event. We thought, if anything, it would be that his medical info hadn't made it's way through yet but that part was fine. I have no answers for what happened but we just had to do what was asked and we got there in the end.
Do keep us updated, as well. Wishing you all the best.
Merry Christmas!
Old Jan 11th 2022, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

BedfordshireToTennessee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
And the update:
Hello!

We had almost an identical problem, except the NVC wouldn’t accept our income, even though we had the assets to support. We spoke to a lawyer in London who confirmed that the NVC have made a mistake, but there’s nothing that can be done about it. This was back in May 2021. We then had to submit a cosponsor (BIL), which they then requested more information on August 30th 2021 (additional tax docs). Fully expected this to be accepted from this point. However, they responded on November 30th claiming that a document we uploaded wasn’t of a good enough quality, and that “they were unable to open/read the content.”
Did anyone else have an issue with the max file size being 2mb? The I-864 is a 10 page document, it was hard to get it that low. We ended up having to submit it in three different document submissions.

Called the NVC, somebody there confirmed they could open and read the document. Requested expedition based on this mistake, on top of other reasons but apparently it would be unfair on other applicants to expedite us

Wife’s visa for the U.K. has now expired meaning I’m currently in the US on an ESTA. Anybody hoping for expedition, I am of the understanding that they are only expediting on a life and death basis now (we’ve had about 6/7 expedition rejections, tried everything).

For those asking for rough timelines, I think it’s impossible to say. They’re getting through a week of cases per week at the moment, so I’m not expecting a response until first week of March (from 30th November submission). How long it takes to get an interview from that point is anybodies guess I suppose. I would advise not to make any concrete plans until you have your interview date though (at the earliest). I always assumed worst case scenario we would be moving mid-October. Here we are in January still with no idea when we might be able to
move, and wife and son living in a separate country (when I’m not on my ESTA).

This dream move is turning into a nightmare at the moment, hoping for some good fortune soon though and hopefully it’ll all be worth it.
Old Jan 19th 2022, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

How long was the passport in the embassy's possession and did they let you know before hand? I'm asking as I have frequent international travel and so need to make sure that I have a passport when needed!
Old Jan 20th 2022, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Hello Bruiser
My husband's Embassy interview was mid Nov and we had it back by beginning of Dec, I believe so no more than 2-3 weeks. We had the same concern as we had international travel booked. However, I think, generally, it's much shorter if you're approved right then and there. It's just we had to resubmit a doc and wait for approval. We probably could have done this a bit quicker. To be safe, IMO, I would assume they could possibly have it for 2-3 weeks but most likely less.
I hope this helps but I suppose anything is possible!
Safe travels.
Old Jan 20th 2022, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! That's great insight.

Old Apr 19th 2022, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Just updating, DQ'd (by NVC) today...

Timeline as follows:

Aug 19, 2020: I-130 filed with USCIS online
Jul 12, 2021: I-130 accepted and case sent to NVC (yes, it took this long)!
Mid (approx) Oct 2021: All documents submitted to NVC via CEAC
Jan 27, 2022: NVC RFE (Sponsor domicile, W-2/1099) - spouse sponsor outside living outside of US.
Jan 29, 2022: Submitted two small letters explaining no sponsor W-2s (foreign earned income on tax return) and intent to re-establish domicile. Got sent to back of case review queue!
April 19, 2022: DQ'd at NVC

We did have a lot of delay in I-130 processing and being passed around between the USCIS SCs. We had further (voluntary) delay in getting setup at NVC and in submitting all docs. We had even more delay with the RFE. No gripes though, it's given us more time to prepare! Good luck to all
Old Apr 24th 2022, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Updated timeline as follows:

Aug 19, 2020: I-130 filed with USCIS online.
Jul 12, 2021: I-130 accepted and case sent to NVC.
Mid (approx) Oct 2021: All documents submitted to NVC.
Jan 27, 2022: NVC RFE.
Jan 29, 2022: We responded to RFE.
April 19, 2022: DQ'd at NVC.
April 22, 2022: Embassy interview booked. Medical booked. Both for May.

Old May 10th 2022, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Hudson06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask which SC your initial I-130 was submitted? Mines been in Nebraska since August 2021
Old May 11th 2022, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hudson06
Can I ask which SC your initial I-130 was submitted? Mines been in Nebraska since August 2021
Hi,

Nebraska was the initial SC for me. We were transferred during many months of delay to Potomac and eventually approved by them.

Sorry to hear yours is taking so long too. It's just a waiting game I am afraid. Asides from calling them, there isn't really much you can do and even then, they seem to just give robot answers to most queries. NVC is quicker and you get to monitor their predicted turnaround times.

Good luck!

Dave
Old May 11th 2022, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

May 09, 2022: Medical. No issues. Earliest appnt I could get.
May 10, 2022: Embassy interview. 221g in lieu of medical report receipt. Expected, not concerned.
Old May 16th 2022, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

May 09, 2022: Medical. No issues. Earliest appnt I could get.
May 10, 2022: Embassy interview. 221g in lieu of medical report receipt. Expected, not concerned.
​​​​May 13, 2022: Status changed to "issued."
May 16, 2022: Currier notification.

Well, just under 2 years then!
Old May 20th 2022, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

eyedontknow is an unknown quantity at this point

These forums have been so helpful to me so I am going to share my timeline in case that can help someone else.
End May 2021: I-130 filed online
Mid Feb 2022: I-130 approved, case transferred to NVC
26 Feb 2022: All documents uploaded and submitted to NVC with DS-260 and fees
06 May 2022: DQ'd, though told we did not meet the financial requirements and would need to have a joint sponsor and bring these details to my interview in London
17 May 2022: Interview date assigned to me, for June 27 at the US Consulate in London

I need to reschedule this appointment and have absolutely no option to do this on the Visa Appointment Service system - I've contacted them and also the Consultate via email and they've said I have to wait for the appointment date to pass before I will have the option to reschedule. Reluctant to do this without knowing how long it would be until the next appointment. Anyone else having difficulty rescheduling appointment booked by NVC?
Old May 20th 2022, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hey eyedontknow, I thought about rescheduling because my medical ended up being the day before the interview and I knew I'd incur a 221g (which I did in the end). When I couldn't figure out how to reschedule on the appointment confirmation website and the advice, as you've said, seemed to be "miss the appointment booked by NVC and then you'll be invited to reschedule," I decided to keep the appointment I had and role with the 221g. My bigger fear was that there would be an enormous wait list for rescheduled appointment availability, obviously I never got to see if that was the case or not. Not sure that helps, but that was my logic. For what it's worth, if you're in a similar boat, the 221g saga is not actually any significant delay at all. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.