Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Jul 13th 2021, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
Great news Dave! Congrats. We're still waiting at NVC. Do keep us up to date when you hear more.
Wishing you all the best in your journey.
Will do! All the best in yours too.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update because I know I am curious about everyone elses journeys!
We received notification of my husband's interview date yesterday. 2nd Aug. We will have to reschedule which shouldn't be a problem. So, just under a year from initially starting the process (18th Aug) to interview date. We are hoping to reschedule for Oct/Nov but we'll see. Still mulling things over!
Old Jul 14th 2021, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

clmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
Just to update because I know I am curious about everyone elses journeys!
We received notification of my husband's interview date yesterday. 2nd Aug. We will have to reschedule which shouldn't be a problem. So, just under a year from initially starting the process (18th Aug) to interview date. We are hoping to reschedule for Oct/Nov but we'll see. Still mulling things over!

congratulations! We are a couple of weeks behind you, got DQ’ed 26th Feb, so hearing you have a date is super encouraging! We started this process May 2020. Hoping we hear soon!
Old Jul 15th 2021, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Here's hoping you hear soon too!
Old Jul 17th 2021, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

So…. Passport with visa in was delivered to me yesterday, nearly 500 days after starting the process we are nearly over the line!
Old Jul 17th 2021, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Southernboy 123. Congrats. You interview was 30th June so just over 2 weeks to get our passport back? We're at interview stage now but need to reshedule.
Thanks.
Old Jul 17th 2021, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My interview was indeed the 30th June however I took a different birth certificate to interview than I had uploaded to CEAC (I have 2 copies but different serial numbers) so I was refused my visa pending the upload of the birth certificate I took to interview, Once my case went from refused to issued on CEAC (2 days) my passport with visa in it was back in my hand the very next day,

Last edited by Southernboy123; Jul 17th 2021 at 9:20 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Finally got DQ’d at the NVC exactly 1 year to the day since submitting the I-130.

Waiting for my IR1 interview to be scheduled in Abu Dhabi.

Here’s to hoping it’ll be this year!
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Had my interview yesterday and it was approved! Was quite simple, they only wanted to see a few of the original documents, then asked me a few questions about my relationship with my husband and I was done! I did have to wait between things a little while, but not too long, was in there about an hour. Just waiting for my passport to come back now. So glad to be nearly done with this process, started May last year 😅

Question for anyone that has done their interview and passed it- did anyone get any instructions on paying their immigrant visa fee from the embassy? I didn’t receive any further instructions on the day, and am wondering if they send instructions with the passport/or if this is still a thing. We paid an immigrant fee of the same amount during the document upload to get documentarily qualified, but USCIS website mentions paying an immigrant visa fee post interview but before going to the states.

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations! Would be good to know about the fee. I don't know but I see to recall you pay it either right before or right after you travel?
We are waiting to reschedule. Just waiting for Nov appts to open up.
Wishing you all the best.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 1:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

That fee is the green card production fee, and there will be instructions in the envelope you get from the embassy with your passport.

Rene
Old Sep 7th 2021, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you Rene. We are all sorted, paid the last fee, and are ready to fly on Thursday! So glad we are nearly done! Looking forward to getting to the States after all this time waiting! Hope everyone else has success with their cases.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Some great stories here and such a long thread!!

I am UKC, spouse of USC and applying for CR-1 visa.
Submitted I-130 on 1/3/21; request for more info 2/8/21 (submitted 9/9/21); I-130 approved 28/9/21 and passed to NVC.
I was just wondering the current rough timeline to get to London interview? According to the website, NVC case creation is about 3 weeks behind and start of case processing about 4 months behind but how long until the next step - any ideas?

Any guidance on likely timescales would be appreciated!!
Old Oct 24th 2021, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Just an update, I finished submitting all my docs to NVC yesterday. So my timeline, very much stretched by my own doing, looks like this:
  • Sponsor files I130 petition (online): mid Aug 2020
  • USCIS approves I130 petition (no RFEs): late July 2021
  • CEAC setup with NVC: early Aug 2021
  • All docs submitted to NVC: late Oct 2021
Expecting 2-3 months processing time before medical and interview, i.e. next year now. Wishing you all well and success in your journey!
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

eyedontknow is an unknown quantity at this point

I am wondering the same thing, we are a few months behind you Bruiser (I-130 filed May 19 2021) and still waiting on I-130 approval. Any information regarding people's recent experiences of processing times from approval of I-130 through to London consulate interview would be most appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.