Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Apr 28th 2021, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Congratulations! That's great news! Thank you for the update. Always helpful and appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 7:48 am
Just Joined

BedfordshireToTennessee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rushie,

Congratulations on the approval! Also, thank you for the update it’s nice to have an idea of how the process is going currently.

Would you happen to know how long you now have to move? I seem to recall reading three months, but have been unable to find it anywhere since.

Also, a general question for anybody really. My wife and I will have been married two years in August. We will be waiting until after that, as we can then avoid having to update the green card in 2 years time. My question is; do we need to wait until after our two year anniversary to have the interview? Or, do we simply need to wait until after our anniversary to move once the visa has been approved?

As soon as I receive my police report certificate through the mail (should be next week). We will be ready to file our forms. We’ll be postponing the interview until after our anniversary if necessary though.

Thanks, and congrats again Rushie
Old Apr 30th 2021, 3:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't postpone the interview.

If you enter the USA after your 2nd wedding anniversary, you can politely ask to be admitted as IR-1.

Rene
Old May 10th 2021, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
I'd love to hear how the reschedule goes, please, as we may have to do the same. Hopefully it will be smooth and without hassle.
Managed to reschedule for a better date that works for us today. Was straight forward, as soon as the interview time passed I received an email to say missed appt and inviting me to reschedule. A couple hours later I logged in and was able to reschedule, there were appts available almost every week until the end of June, but only a few each day.
Old May 19th 2021, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Hi all, we’re making progress. I submitted the DS-260 and all documents and my wife submitted the I-864 and all documents around May 8th.

Yesterday May 18th we got this message from the NVC:

“NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case. Please follow your CEAC Home page and https://nvc.state.gov.”

As far as we know, everything is submitted. I did a little digging and think this may just be a standard message but am not sure. Has anyone experienced this?

Old May 19th 2021, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Squirrel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got that message after I had submitted most but not ALL of my documents (I was still waiting to receive our co-sponsor's tax transcripts) - so I think there's probably either a document missing/not uploaded OR there's been a mistake at NVC. I presume it says 'Uploaded' with a paperclip icon next to each document?
Old May 19th 2021, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Same as Squirrel123, received that message when we had only partially uploaded our docs. We knew we hadn't uploaded all yet and there was a delay before we could supply the rest and in the interim we received that message. Once we uploaded all required we receieved a message that all was received and then quickly approved (think it was less than 24 hours!). Alas, we are still waiting to hear about our appointment at the Embassy but expect to hear later this month or next, based on other's timelines.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

So had my IR1 interview yesterday. All went well until I was informed I had brought the wrong birth certificate with me to the one I had originally uploaded! I had uploaded the one I had but then overthinking things I ordered another certificate with an apostille attached. This is the one I took with me to interview therefore the Serial number of the one I took did not match the one I had originally uploaded so even though the CO acknowledged it was the same certificate I received a 221g form stating refused pending the upload of the correct birth certificate which I did an hour later. The CO kept my passport which I assume is good, however now another wait as to when they get back to my file again. The embassy itself was pretty busy with both immigrant and non immigrant appointments. Things do look like they’re starting to ramp up a bit to be fair.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Southernboy123
So had my IR1 interview yesterday. All went well until I was informed I had brought the wrong birth certificate with me to the one I had originally uploaded! I had uploaded the one I had but then overthinking things I ordered another certificate with an apostille attached. This is the one I took with me to interview therefore the Serial number of the one I took did not match the one I had originally uploaded so even though the CO acknowledged it was the same certificate I received a 221g form stating refused pending the upload of the correct birth certificate which I did an hour later. The CO kept my passport which I assume is good, however now another wait as to when they get back to my file again. The embassy itself was pretty busy with both immigrant and non immigrant appointments. Things do look like they’re starting to ramp up a bit to be fair.
Ohhhh, very interesting SouthernBoy123. You were DQed 15 Jan, correct? When did you hear about your appointment being scheduled? How much lead time? We were DQed 9th Feb, I think it was so thinking we may hear soon.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Ohhhh, very interesting SouthernBoy123. You were DQed 15 Jan, correct? When did you hear about your appointment being scheduled? How much lead time? We were DQed 9th Feb, I think it was so thinking we may hear soon.
Yep…double check everything twice!! Hopefully it won’t be long before the visa is issued as I did upload the certificate almost immediately after leaving the embassy….and as I said they did keep my passport.

We were DQd 15 Jan, 14 April came the interview email with a date of 10 May so just over 3 weeks notice to which squeeze in the medical too which they say you should give 5 days afterwards for them to get the results to the embassy, so a little tight. We opted to reschedule the interview until 30 June which was easy to do.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Southernboy123
Yep…double check everything twice!! Hopefully it won’t be long before the visa is issued as I did upload the certificate almost immediately after leaving the embassy….and as I said they did keep my passport.

We were DQd 15 Jan, 14 April came the interview email with a date of 10 May so just over 3 weeks notice to which squeeze in the medical too which they say you should give 5 days afterwards for them to get the results to the embassy, so a little tight. We opted to reschedule the interview until 30 June which was easy to do.
Thank you. Very good to know. I see your priority date was March 2020. Our is Aug 2020 so we may have more of a wait but we're not in a rush just yet.
Hopefully you'll get fully approved and your passport back now. I think it's a good sign they kept it but I don't really know, of course!
Old Jul 1st 2021, 8:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Very good to know. I see your priority date was March 2020. Our is Aug 2020 so we may have more of a wait but we're not in a rush just yet.
Hopefully you'll get fully approved and your passport back now. I think it's a good sign they kept it but I don't really know, of course!
Southern Boy is an immediate relative so there is no priority date.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Southern Boy is an immediate relative so there is no priority date.
Hello Folinsky Do you know how they prioritise Embassy interviews, please? It's my husband (Irish - UK resident) whom I (USC) am petitioning for.
We submitted 18th Aug 20 and were DQed 9th Feb 21. Just curious to try to guage based on others although I know that's not really possible. Thank you.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Wow, so nearly a year later I-130 approved today by Potomac SC. Off to the NVC now! I honestly thought they'd forgotten about me!
Old Jul 13th 2021, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave2726
Wow, so nearly a year later I-130 approved today by Potomac SC. Off to the NVC now! I honestly thought they'd forgotten about me!
Great news Dave! Congrats. We're still waiting at NVC. Do keep us up to date when you hear more.
Wishing you all the best in your journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.