Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Mar 15th 2021, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Congrats. Pretty much follows Squirrel's timeline, I think.
Do keep us posted on any further updates. Always good to know as the rest of us wait and plan.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Squirrel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, rushie10!!!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Congrats to those of you through the process a little more. Just an update for those of you interested, intrigued...

Given the timelines a few of you have had thus far, I think we expected to be a little further along than we currently are. Nonetheless, the age old saying on this forum often goes that "thou shalt not place too much meaning to the timelines of others".

We filed I130, and became the OP to this thread, back in August 2020. We received notice of processing through Nebraska (I can't remember what the form is called but we got it anyway). I note many of you also went through Nebraska and have since been processed much further along the line.

Last weekend we submitted a query to USCIS online and they responded today indicating that we should be looking at the Potomac SC, not Nebraska (despite our paperwork from them indicating Nebraska all along), and that they were well within normal processing times for the Potomac SC (currently 12-16 months for USC spouses). This leads me to think that a mistake was made in telling us we were being processed in the Nebraska SC previously. We have gone back to them today querying this and awaiting a response.

I would stress though, we are not overly concerned given that we are in no rush and the C19 situation at the moment. We are just grateful to have this opportunity and we are content that, when it's our turn, we will hear back. No RFEs thus far and we have a relatively straight forward case, USC sponsor (my wife) and been living together in the UK for many years. Looking forwards to hearing more but, for those interested, it seems our queue is longer than yours! I'll let you all know if anything changes.

Wishing you all well and stay safe!
Old Mar 30th 2021, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I’ve just had the same news, sadly our case was transferred from Nebraska to Texas without our knowledge.

We were about to file an “outside normal processing times inquiry” but called to see what was up and after 8 attempts to get through the ridiculous phone system to speak to a human we were given the bad news that we have another 4 months until we can do that.

It’s extremely bad news for us as we’re basically stuck in the Middle East and I can’t find a job after being laid off.

As a complete kick in the teeth we’d previously applied and got the i130 accepted in 2014 and decided not to proceed due to employment opportunities outside the USA.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave2726
Congrats to those of you through the process a little more. Just an update for those of you interested, intrigued...

Given the timelines a few of you have had thus far, I think we expected to be a little further along than we currently are. Nonetheless, the age old saying on this forum often goes that "thou shalt not place too much meaning to the timelines of others".

We filed I130, and became the OP to this thread, back in August 2020. We received notice of processing through Nebraska (I can't remember what the form is called but we got it anyway). I note many of you also went through Nebraska and have since been processed much further along the line.

Last weekend we submitted a query to USCIS online and they responded today indicating that we should be looking at the Potomac SC, not Nebraska (despite our paperwork from them indicating Nebraska all along), and that they were well within normal processing times for the Potomac SC (currently 12-16 months for USC spouses). This leads me to think that a mistake was made in telling us we were being processed in the Nebraska SC previously. We have gone back to them today querying this and awaiting a response.

I would stress though, we are not overly concerned given that we are in no rush and the C19 situation at the moment. We are just grateful to have this opportunity and we are content that, when it's our turn, we will hear back. No RFEs thus far and we have a relatively straight forward case, USC sponsor (my wife) and been living together in the UK for many years. Looking forwards to hearing more but, for those interested, it seems our queue is longer than yours! I'll let you all know if anything changes.

Wishing you all well and stay safe!
Hi Dave That is very interesting and you're so right. You just can't tell how your time line will play out. I am still surprised how quickly ours has moved along and, like you, we are in no rush. If anything, ours is moving too quickly but the upside to that is knowing it's happening. As we had a spell of so many things happening quickly, it now seems odd that we haven't heard anything for a while but then I remind myself that's ok!
I wonder if it has to do with the US opening up more and the NSC then distributed some of it's work load to other centers? Although that doesn't entirely makes sense as you were slightly ahead of us and our cases sound very similar. Perhaps it's just luck of the draw.
Who knows? It's all a mystery to me! We're just trying to make sure we have everything in order. My husband finished getting his missing vacs so that's one thing off the list. Wishing you well. Please do continue to keep us posted.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
I’ve just had the same news, sadly our case was transferred from Nebraska to Texas without our knowledge.

We were about to file an “outside normal processing times inquiry” but called to see what was up and after 8 attempts to get through the ridiculous phone system to speak to a human we were given the bad news that we have another 4 months until we can do that.

It’s extremely bad news for us as we’re basically stuck in the Middle East and I can’t find a job after being laid off.

As a complete kick in the teeth we’d previously applied and got the i130 accepted in 2014 and decided not to proceed due to employment opportunities outside the USA.
Really sorry to hear your news, frequentflyer, especially about the job. If it's any consolation, our case was dealt with in a speedy manner by Texas, rather quicker than their expressed timelines suggested, so I hope that things will move along quickly for you too.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Had my embassy interview a few days ago, and all went well - and quickly: I was in and out of the building within 30 minutes!

I took two folders of documents and evidence, all in exact accordance with their instructions... but they only asked to see the originals of my civil documents (birth certificate, marriage licence and police certificate), as well as my passport obviously. They didn't ask to see my sponsors' I-864 forms and transcripts, or the photocopies of my sponsors' passports and driving licences, let alone relationship evidence! Still, I am VERY glad that I had everything there, just in case (I must have checked it over at least five times before I left home!)

They hadn't yet received my material from the medical, which took place 6 working days beforehand, so they gave me the green form saying that, once they receive that material, they will produce the visa and send it to me. Thankfully, reading threads on this site had prepared me for the language of the green form which uses the dread word 'rejected' - but as the very friendly guy who interviewed me said, it's just the standard terminology and the visa will follow once the medical stuff has been received and checked.

All in all, I felt lucky and relieved that this final stage of the process (so far!) was so smooth and easy - and I'm very grateful to all who have contributed to this forum with advice and experience to help me along the way. Now headlong into applying for jobs, and hoping that I will be able to leave for the US this summer, after Covid jab 2. ​​​​​​​
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sghilaire2990000
Can I ask how did you present the evidence of your relationship? Did you simply upload a few pictures or did you put together a collage or something?
For the I-130, I made a Powerpoint document of relationship evidence, with scanned images/screenshots of relevant documents and pictures, each captioned so anyone reading it would know what they're looking at. I arranged it into sections as follows:
  1. Joint financial assets and liabilities.
    Because ours has been a long-distance relationship so far, there wasn't much here - but it included: a US bank form confirming the opening of a joint savings account in our names, which we did soon after marrying; car insurance schedule with both of us as named drivers; an automated email from my UK bank confirming that I had added him as a recipient of payments from my account, plus another confirming a payment I had sent him; my completed Expression of Wish form to my pension provider, adding him as beneficiary.
  2. Travel tickets, receipts (and boarding passes and luggage tags when I'd remembered to keep them) relating to trips we had made to see each other.
  3. Samples of our online correspondence.
    This was 12 pages of text messages and emails we'd sent each other, selected to show the duration and authenticity of our relationship (without including anything TOO personal!)
  4. Cards sent to each other.
    Postcards, Christmas cards, birthday cards, Valentine's Day cards
  5. Some photographs of us together.
    Again, selected to show the duration and authenticity of our relationship - so from the first time that we met, and pictures of the two of us with friends and family.
  6. Our wedding
    Our wedding invite, photos of our wedding, and wedding cards we received.
It made for a BIG document, about 70 pages long with descriptive front page and 'chapter' title pages, and even as a PDF it was over 100mb. My spouse printed it off in colour and submitted it with the I-130, and then I kept all the originals of everything scanned in a folder, ready to take to the embassy interview. I hope that helps!
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
Hi rushie10
Here is the link to the vacs.
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...licant-Age.pdf
I hope this helps. My husband has no vacs records so has had to get a few but thankfully his GP has helped out. Some you might need to wait until you're nearer the medical and some take time as you need more than one injection. I'd suggest starting by getting a vacs record from your GP and go from there. Then see which ones they can help with. Otherwise, locals chemists should be able to help. It's cheaper to organise yourself as if you wait until the medical, they may be able to offer but will not necessarily be competitive.
You don't need the chicken pox one (Varicella) as I checked with the place you have to go to for the medical in the past month. They'll sign it off.
This is my understanding currently. If anyone knows anything different, please update me.
Thanks!
Just to back up what UKviaLA has said: you may well be able to get the vaccines you need from your GP (as I did) and thereby save a tidy sum, since getting the vaccines at the medical adds up. Alternatively, some pharmacies offer travel vaccinations for a smaller sum. And if you had chicken pox (aka Varicella) as a child, you only need to tell them that at the medical.

For myself, I got my vaccination record from my GP once I knew that NVC had approved my case. Checking that against the link above told me that I needed a tetanus booster, probably the flu jab, and MMR booster. If you do need the MMR booster, be aware that it comes as two separate injections spaced one month apart. Bear in mind too that the NHS advice is that you should not have any vaccines in the week before a Covid vaccine jab - and to be on the safe side, I went with the CDC advice, which is to allow TWO clear weeks between having a vaccine and subsequently having the Covid vaccine. In my case, that meant planning out my vaccinations carefully so that they were all in place before the medical AND didn't conflict with likely timing of my first Covid jab.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Originally Posted by UKviaLA
Hi Dave That is very interesting and you're so right. You just can't tell how your time line will play out. I am still surprised how quickly ours has moved along and, like you, we are in no rush. If anything, ours is moving too quickly but the upside to that is knowing it's happening. As we had a spell of so many things happening quickly, it now seems odd that we haven't heard anything for a while but then I remind myself that's ok!
I wonder if it has to do with the US opening up more and the NSC then distributed some of it's work load to other centers? Although that doesn't entirely makes sense as you were slightly ahead of us and our cases sound very similar. Perhaps it's just luck of the draw.
Who knows? It's all a mystery to me! We're just trying to make sure we have everything in order. My husband finished getting his missing vacs so that's one thing off the list. Wishing you well. Please do continue to keep us posted.

Yeah, all a bit odd! I would definitely like to know what's going on and for sure that we are at the Potomac SC. We contacted USCIS, using the online form, they just keep repeating the same answer to the first question, "it's within normal processing times. Go to... look at Potomac SC." We asked for conf that it was now moved from Nebraska to Potomac, same answer! Might give them a call tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the other chap who appears to have been moved on here. Sorry, I am too lazy to go look back to find your screen name but I read what happened and I am sorry to see that. It appears we are in for the long queue.

All the best to you all for now!
Old Apr 12th 2021, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, slight update. My wife called USCIS today to find out where our I-130 is as we had (a) exhausted the Nebraska SC maximum wait time and (b) had a bit of the run around in submitting inquiries and getting confusing answers kind of suggesting the application had been transferred to Potomac SC.

First of all, if you have to call USCIS and talk to "the robot that types" then, apparently the magic words are "I have a technical problem." Keep repeating that until you get to talk to a real life living person - try not to swear too much during the process!

So it seems that our I-130 has been transferred effectively twice. We were at Nebraska, per our notification of receipt. We were then moved to Potomac, and should have been notified but weren't. Now we have been moved again to Texas, again without being notified. Not sure why we haven't been told in each case, nor could we really determine how we would find out if we have been moved again at any point in time. I think we've left it at waiting the next 120 days until we're at the 1 year point, that being the maximum wait time for Texas, before submitting a further inquiry and likely having to try to bypass the robot that types yet again. Fun and games, and not much additional info. At least we got to speak to someone and it seems they're quite sure our application is at the Texas SC. It'll happen when it happens, I guess! Out!
Old Apr 15th 2021, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

DQd 15 January and yesterday received my Embassy interview appointment email for 10 May. Unfortunately won’t be able to make that one but will reschedule, nice to have the control back in the process now though.
Old Apr 15th 2021, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Southernboy123
DQd 15 January and yesterday received my Embassy interview appointment email for 10 May. Unfortunately won’t be able to make that one but will reschedule, nice to have the control back in the process now though.
I'd love to hear how the reschedule goes, please, as we may have to do the same. Hopefully it will be smooth and without hassle.
Old Apr 22nd 2021, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234

UPDATE!!

We got the i130 acceptance today! It was 8 months and 1 day since we filed it.

We chose consular processing through Abu Dhabi, does anyone have any timeline for interview allotment after the NVC?
Old Apr 28th 2021, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

rushie10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from the UK, and the spouse of a US citizen, we live in the UK.

I-130 receipt received 3 August 2020, assigned to Nebraska USCIS center
Forwarded to NVC and welcome email received 22 Nov 2020
Submitted all doc's online to NVC 15 Dec 2020
(Almost unbelievably) Received a message from NVC that all doc's had been accepted, except 1 which needed a minor update 16 Dec 2020
Updated 1 doc and resubmitted 17 Dec 2020
Doc's all approved 18 Dec 2020
Received NVC Appointment email: 15/3/2021
Medical Appointment: 22/3/2021
Appointment at Embassy: 28/4/2021

Update: After receiving the appointment email, I called the medical office the same day, they had appointments as soon as 2 days from the time I was calling, that was a nice surprise.

I had my embassy appointment today, I arrived 30m early but they let me in (this is not usual but probably due to less appointments because of Covid). You'll need your passport and interview letter out to gain entry to the building. There were no queues anywhere, there were less than 10 people in the waiting room at any given time, it took about 2 hours in all (most of it I was sat waiting...bring a book!). The first person I saw checked that I had submitted all of the required documents online, he only asked for my passport, interview letter, 1 photo, original marriage certificate and birth certificate. He took finger prints, then I sat down again. The 2nd person was the one who asked the questions, mostly about my marriage: when did you meet? When did you get married? Why are you moving? And I think that was it. She said your visa is approved, you're good to go!!

We're over the moon. They kept my passport, and I paid £19 for the courier service to my door. I'll let you know when the process is complete and we've arrived at our new home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.