Reload this Page >

NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Feb 28th 2021, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

rushie10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Originally Posted by Squirrel123
Thanks! As expected, the email says to bring the 'original forms and documents' which were submitted to the NVC, and to read and follow all the instructions for both the medical and the interview at https://nvc.state.gov/prep.

I immediately tried to register my appointment on the system, as instructed there, and it told me I was too early to do that - after googling, I found that's common so I'm going to leave it a few days before I try again, because it looks like it takes a while for individual cases to be logged on the system.

There's also a paragraph with a link about the 'Presidential Proclamation on Health Care' of October 4 2019, PP 9945: https://travel.state.gov/healthcare. I'll go down that rabbit hole tomorrow - I'm still not sure how others have addressed this in their visa interviews, or whether it's even come up that much...
How did it go?
Old Mar 1st 2021, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Squirrel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushie10
How did it go?
Well, my medical is 3 weeks from today and then the interview a week later, so still some time to go. Just a few more documents and injections to get, and then I think I'm ready!

By the way, in case it happens to anyone else, I did find that it took a couple of days for the embassy's system to allow me to confirm the interview appointment date/time. The email telling you that your interview has been scheduled also says to confirm or change it as soon as possible - but I guess it takes a little time before London has received the documents from NVC. So basically don't panic if, after you receive that email, the system tells you that you can't confirm/change the interview appointment. Try again over the next few days and it will probably let you in then.

Once you've confirmed (and arranged the courier for return of your passport), the system will send you a confirmation email. You need to print both the interview appointment email AND this interview confirmation email, and bring them to both the medical AND the embassy interview.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting to see what happens about PP 9945 about health insurance, hoping that the new administration brings some clarity (or scraps it) soon...
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Squirrel123
Well, my medical is 3 weeks from today and then the interview a week later, so still some time to go. Just a few more documents and injections to get, and then I think I'm ready!

By the way, in case it happens to anyone else, I did find that it took a couple of days for the embassy's system to allow me to confirm the interview appointment date/time. The email telling you that your interview has been scheduled also says to confirm or change it as soon as possible - but I guess it takes a little time before London has received the documents from NVC. So basically don't panic if, after you receive that email, the system tells you that you can't confirm/change the interview appointment. Try again over the next few days and it will probably let you in then.

Once you've confirmed (and arranged the courier for return of your passport), the system will send you a confirmation email. You need to print both the interview appointment email AND this interview confirmation email, and bring them to both the medical AND the embassy interview.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting to see what happens about PP 9945 about health insurance, hoping that the new administration brings some clarity (or scraps it) soon...
This is a great post. Would you be able to provide me with the list of injections you are working off? I might as well get started!

Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

UKviaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a great post. Would you be able to provide me with the list of injections you are working off? I might as well get started!

Thanks.
Hi rushie10
Here is the link to the vacs.
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...licant-Age.pdf
I hope this helps. My husband has no vacs records so has had to get a few but thankfully his GP has helped out. Some you might need to wait until you're nearer the medical and some take time as you need more than one injection. I'd suggest starting by getting a vacs record from your GP and go from there. Then see which ones they can help with. Otherwise, locals chemists should be able to help. It's cheaper to organise yourself as if you wait until the medical, they may be able to offer but will not necessarily be competitive.
You don't need the chicken pox one (Varicella) as I checked with the place you have to go to for the medical in the past month. They'll sign it off.
This is my understanding currently. If anyone knows anything different, please update me.
Thanks!
Old Mar 5th 2021, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if the appointments are determined by your NVC 'priority date'? or from the date your NVC doc's are approved?
Old Mar 8th 2021, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Sghilaire2990000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask how did you present the evidence of your relationship? Did you simply upload a few pictures or did you put together a collage or something?
Old Mar 8th 2021, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sghilaire2990000
Can I ask how did you present the evidence of your relationship? Did you simply upload a few pictures or did you put together a collage or something?
I'm sure it probably depends on a few things. We've been married for a number of years and have kids together to all I did was uploaded our marriage certificate and all the kids info when asked for it.
Do you have records of emails between the 2 of you? Text messages, Facebook messages, etc. If there's a legit person who knows you like a religious leader or, council member, police person who'd be willing to write a letter that might help. I'll see if I can find a link.
Old Mar 8th 2021, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

What stage are you at? Submitting I-130 to USCIS? Submitting doc's to NVC??
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

What stage are you at? Submitting I-130 to USCIS? Submitting doc's to NVC??

we have countless emails/ facebook whats app communication, he's also been here to London to see me numerous times so I have pictures from those visits I have pictures of him with my kids and my extended family as well as our professional engagement pictures/ proposal day pictures too.

we are currently getting everything together to file I-130 so this was oMe question I was wondering how uploaded.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

we have countless emails/ facebook whats app communication, he's also been here to London to see me numerous times so I have pictures from those visits I have pictures of him with my kids and my extended family as well as our professional engagement pictures/ proposal day pictures too.

we are currently getting everything together to file I-130 so this was oMe question I was wondering how uploaded.
Look at page 6 point 5.A of this doc: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-130instr.pdf
Old Mar 10th 2021, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Look at page 6 point 5.A of this doc: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...i-130instr.pdf

thank you
Old Mar 10th 2021, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

BedfordshireToTennessee is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following this thread for a few months, but haven't had anything to add so not posted.
However, I have now had my I-130 petition approved so thought I should update on my application time for those following.

My wife and I submitted the I-130 petition from the UK on September 14 2020. On Monday (March 8th) 2021, the I-130 was approved and we are now awaiting the confirmation letter with details on next steps etc. All in all, it seems we are on a similar timeline to the original poster, Dave2726, of about 6 months until we heard anything at all. We were processed at Nebraska and have now been moved onto Portsmouth, NH.

I had a question though, which I recall seeing somewhere but can't for the life of me remember where, and also could not find it on this thread. However, I know there is the possibility to delay proceedings by taking time to respond to each step. I seem to recall the maximum delay you could cause was about three years throughout the whole process without having your application closed due to inactivity (don't quote me on this, just going off of memory).

Would anybody on this thread happen to know what the maximum amount of time is that you can take to respond at each stage, without having the application closed? If there is a predetermined period of time.

Thanks!
Old Mar 10th 2021, 7:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bedfordshire,

The subject of this thread is NVC Timeline, but if you filed the I-130 at the embassy in London, you won't be going through NVC at all.

As for how long you can wait between steps, it's 1 year.

Rene
Old Mar 11th 2021, 5:34 am
Just Joined

BedfordshireToTennessee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the response. As for filing, I did file online I was just clarifying that I was still in the U.K. for anyone looking for information.
And thank you for the info! That does sound about right from what I remembered, was just curious if I had misremembered it or not. Thanks again

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Bedfordshire,

The subject of this thread is NVC Timeline, but if you filed the I-130 at the embassy in London, you won't be going through NVC at all.

As for how long you can wait between steps, it's 1 year.

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2021, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

I'm from the UK, and the spouse of a US citizen, we live in the UK.

I-130 receipt received 3 August 2020, assigned to Nebraska USCIS center
Forwarded to NVC and welcome email received 22 Nov 2020
Submitted all doc's online to NVC 15 Dec 2020
(Almost unbelievably) Received a message from NVC that all doc's had been accepted, except 1 which needed a minor update 16 Dec 2020
Updated 1 doc and resubmitted 17 Dec 2020
Doc's all approved 18 Dec 2020

Now we're waiting for the appointment to be scheduled.
Update!!!*** Finally!

Received NVC Appointment email: 15/3/2021
Appointment at Embassy: 28/4/2021

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.