British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   NVC Filed Online Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/nvc-filed-online-timeline-934412/)

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 1:48 pm

Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Thank you, Southernboy123. That is helpful. Much appreciated. A lot quicker than I would expect. Have you heard anything further about your appointment being scheduled?

Southernboy123 Feb 9th 2021 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969796)
Thank you, Southernboy123. That is helpful. Much appreciated. A lot quicker than I would expect. Have you heard anything further about your appointment being scheduled?

Noooo....I’m aware of many people who were DQd 15th 20th October on a different forum who are still stuck at NVC waiting for an embassy interview appt, so I’m not expecting anything for several months. They schedule appts in order of DQ so...

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 2:07 pm

Ok, thank you. That's helpful too.
We're not in a rush especially due to the current situation.

rushie10 Feb 9th 2021 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969777)
Hi rushie10 Just curious if you've had any updates since 18th Dec? We just submitted our docs to NVC yesterday so waiting to hear on approval or if need more info but was thinking it would take maybe 6 weeks for all docs to be reviewed and approved.
You completed submitting and were documentarily qualified the next day?

Yes, our docs were approved the next day, it was very unexpected but much appreciated!

still waiting on an appointment, have heard absolutely nothing!

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 7:02 pm

Surprisingly I've just received notification that our documents have all been approved. The next stage of waiting begins!

rushie10 Feb 9th 2021 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969947)
Surprisingly I've just received notification that our documents have all been approved. The next stage of waiting begins!

brilliant! That's great. The NVC are on it like a Jane Austen bonnet.

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 11:20 am

UK citizen living in the UK, married since September 2019 to US citizen living in the US (and sadly apart since January 2020, due to the pandemic and our joint commitment to prevent/avoid the virus spreading) :(

I-130 filed December 2019
Case sent from the Texas centre to NVC in June 2020
DS-260, I-864 and all documents submitted 10 November 2020
Documents approved 18 November 2020

Now waiting for our case to be sent to London and for an interview date, whilst getting my outstanding vaccinations sorted and trying not to worry too much about what the future will throw at us...

rushie10 Feb 11th 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks for that. You're exactly 1 month ahead of me with The document approval so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Keep us posted!

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Squirrel123 (Post 12970569)
UK citizen living in the UK, married since September 2019 to US citizen living in the US (and sadly apart since January 2020, due to the pandemic and our joint commitment to prevent/avoid the virus spreading) :(

I-130 filed December 2019
Case sent from the Texas centre to NVC in June 2020
DS-260, I-864 and all documents submitted 10 November 2020
Documents approved 18 November 2020

Now waiting for our case to be sent to London and for an interview date, whilst getting my outstanding vaccinations sorted and trying not to worry too much about what the future will throw at us...

Funnily enough, about 10 minutes after I posted, I got an email from the NVC with my interview date and instructions. It'll be on 30 March 2021, at the embassy in London! Now I'm a strange mix of excited and nervous - it'll be the first time since September that I've travelled more than about 10 miles... Right, now to get onto arranging the medical :ohmy:

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rushie10 (Post 12970684)
Thanks for that. You're exactly 1 month ahead of me with The document approval so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Keep us posted!

Fingers crossed, you'll hear from them early next month!

rushie10 Feb 11th 2021 7:13 pm

Wow, that's so funny, and very encouraging. I'm glad for you.
It's always good to know something is happening for someone, it gives the rest of us hope!
What do they tell you about the medical appt (things you need to bring), and same question about the actual interview. Thanks.

UKviaLA Feb 11th 2021 7:51 pm

My timeline update.
Submitted I-130 18th August 2020 and approved 16th Nov 2020.
Took our time getting our docs in order and finished submitting everything 9th Feb and documentarily qualified the same day 9th Feb 2021.
Based on Squirrel123's update above, thinking we may hear around mid May with interview in June but who knows! Everything is happening much faster than we expected.
We're fine with the wait for now.
It'll be interesting to hear if rushie10's interview is scheduled within the next 30 days. Do keep us posted!

Wishing everyone well on their journeys.

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by rushie10 (Post 12970767)
Wow, that's so funny, and very encouraging. I'm glad for you.
It's always good to know something is happening for someone, it gives the rest of us hope!
What do they tell you about the medical appt (things you need to bring), and same question about the actual interview. Thanks.

Thanks! As expected, the email says to bring the 'original forms and documents' which were submitted to the NVC, and to read and follow all the instructions for both the medical and the interview at https://nvc.state.gov/prep.

I immediately tried to register my appointment on the system, as instructed there, and it told me I was too early to do that - after googling, I found that's common so I'm going to leave it a few days before I try again, because it looks like it takes a while for individual cases to be logged on the system.

There's also a paragraph with a link about the 'Presidential Proclamation on Health Care' of October 4 2019, PP 9945: https://travel.state.gov/healthcare. I'll go down that rabbit hole tomorrow - I'm still not sure how others have addressed this in their visa interviews, or whether it's even come up that much...

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12970785)
My timeline update.
Submitted I-130 18th August 2020 and approved 16th Nov 2020.
Took our time getting our docs in order and finished submitting everything 9th Feb and documentarily qualified the same day 9th Feb 2021.
Based on Squirrel123's update above, thinking we may hear around mid May with interview in June but who knows! Everything is happening much faster than we expected.
We're fine with the wait for now.
It'll be interesting to hear if rushie10's interview is scheduled within the next 30 days. Do keep us posted!

Wishing everyone well on their journeys.

Congratulations, UKviaLA - fingers crossed it comes through soon, and we're both en route this year (both to LA perhaps?) ;)

UKviaLA Feb 12th 2021 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Squirrel123 (Post 12970832)
Congratulations, UKviaLA - fingers crossed it comes through soon, and we're both en route this year (both to LA perhaps?) ;)

No, we're off to Seattle area as that's where I'm originally from but lived in LA prior to moving to the UK although been in the UK 25 years.
We're not planning on fully relocating until next year so will have to do a bit of back and forth but do have a plan.