Reload this Page >

NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old Dec 18th 2022, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Sophie1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Originally Posted by Dave2726
I think there always used to be a similar thread in the main USA forum for non-marriage based applications. However, you're welcome here too!

What I would say is a USC spouse has priority in all things immigration with the US Embassy and the process as a whole. Perhaps the only higher priority is a child of a USC. So, you're in the queue, but I would expect a longer wait than others on this thread just because of the priority system.

I do hope you get sorted soon and things move along for you successfully. There's nothing worse than the limbo! Best of luck and happy holidays. Do let us know how you get on.
Thanks Dave 100% will do! I’m keeping everything crossed we get our date by 18th JAN 2023!! If anyone has any experience on green card interview wait times for 2022 (EB employment green cards) please let me know!
Old Dec 18th 2022, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Best of luck to you both!
Old Dec 18th 2022, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Dave, I had a question (as you all seem so quite knowledgable on here), I keep looking at the non-immigrant timelines on the https://travel.state.gov/ website and the below is the current non-immigrant wait times for London. The B1/B2 said 95 days a few days ago, and now says 88. Is it just wishful thinking to hope our EB1 green card interview date email could be a similar timescale? I also remember reading somewhere that immigrant interviews are given priority over non-immigrant interviews - anyone know if this is true? Thanks again to all of you.

Old Dec 19th 2022, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Hi,

​​​​​​Family based visas have priority, spouse and dependent relative have the highest priority. All I can say is that, when I queued outside the embassy in London, I was quickly rushed to the front and inside by staff when they checked my application in the line. This was because I was there for an immigrant visa, and therefore seemed to have priority over all the (many) student and other visa types in the line. Whether this applies to other immigrant visa types, I don't know (I was there for an IR1 visa). There are certainly others on here with far more knowledge than me who will know!

What I would say is that I found the USCIS website posted dates quite accurate in general. However, that was a good 8 months ago now and things can definitely change. Some people on here have waited much longer than the dates predicted. There is little you can do, frustrating as it is. Best of luck to you!
Old Jan 11th 2023, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Just a quick update incase it's helpful to anyone... just received our interview date 2 FEB 2023, so we were DQ'd on 18 OCT 22. So all timelines were correct! All in all the process has taken us just under one year with premium processing. Very pleased that this journey is coming to an end and that we have our interview date! Thanks again all.
Old Jan 11th 2023, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

​​​​​​Family based visas have priority, spouse and dependent relative have the highest priority. All I can say is that, when I queued outside the embassy in London, I was quickly rushed to the front and inside by staff when they checked my application in the line. This was because I was there for an immigrant visa, and therefore seemed to have priority over all the (many) student and other visa types in the line. Whether this applies to other immigrant visa types, I don't know (I was there for an IR1 visa).

Same for me this week. The queue for non-USC was huge (at 9am - even longer when I came out). Actually 3 queues - took me 15 minutes to get to the front of the 1st and as I only had 15 minutes until interview time, I was allowed to jump the next queue. Processing was a breeze and took about 30-45 minutes (mostly waiting). Interview took about 5 minutes. Interview on Monday, courier notice today (Wednesday) that passport is ready to ship!!! Not 2 weeks at the moment
Old Jan 11th 2023, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck to you both! Glad you're both close to the end of the initial visa journey.

I just got my TX driver's license here. Was fun indeed!
Old Jan 11th 2023, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Oh that is fun and that's actually bought up an interesting question.
Do you know if we can use our UK driver license when we first land to rent a car and if there is a time limit on that? Obviously we both plan on taking a test in LA as soon as we can, but for the first few weeks will need a car and both have driven in LA before as a tourist etc. Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2023, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sophie1987
Do you know if we can use our UK driver license when we first land to rent a car and if there is a time limit on that? Obviously we both plan on taking a test in LA as soon as we can, but for the first few weeks will need a car and both have driven in LA before as a tourist etc. Thanks!
Yes, that's exactly what I did in TX. I drove for around 8 weeks on my UK license, incl some of that with a rental car. I could have continued (in TX) for 90 days since I became resident (grey area but I elected to just assume = POE date). Book your DMV/DPS appointment for a DL application now, there are long waiting times. It might be different in CA and you should consult the CA DMV handbook/website to check the time limits. Here in TX, I booked both my appointments months in advance and took the test with a 3rd party licensed tester, to skip the queues. There are specific residence proof requirements for the state, in addition to your GC/endorsed visa, that you'll need too. Again, best check the DMV handbook. Good luck!

Anybody following this wanting to know about Texas, you need the Texas DPS and not the DMV. Different in CA!
Old Jan 11th 2023, 4:28 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophie1987
Assuming that LA refers to Los Angeles, not Louisiana - I just looked at the AAA Driving In California guidebook. (Spouse just renewed her license where she had to go in in person). California law requires that new resident must obtain a California license within 10 days of becoming a resident. Slight problem, can’t be done in the required time frame.

As a practical matter, it is a different issue.

Make an appointment for testing ASAP. It is a good idea to carry your appointment notice and UK license in the interim. FWIW, sooner appointments may be available in outlying areas - we made a day trip up to Ventura (60 miles away).

The driving test is somewhat difficult for first time drivers, but a piece of cake for experienced drivers.
Old Jan 12th 2023, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - finally received my IR1 visa in the post!!

So here is my full timeline, 22.5 calendar months, but we added about 4ish months due to various delays and travel interruptions, so would have been about 18 months at full speed...

1st March 2021
I-130 submitted.
28th September 2021
I-130 approved and passed on to NVC
2nd October 2021
NVC case create
17th January 2022
DS-260 docs uploaded (delay due to getting foreign police certificates, etc)
13/04/22
AOS submitted (delay waiting for tax returns)
9/9/22
Documentarily Qualified
30/9/22
Interview date provided - needed rescheduling due to travel
14/11/22
Medical
9/1/23
Embassy interview - visa approved
12/1/23
Visa delivered by courier
Old Jan 12th 2023, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bruiser
Hi all - finally received my IR1 visa in the post!!

So here is my full timeline, 22.5 calendar months, but we added about 4ish months due to various delays and travel interruptions, so would have been about 18 months at full speed...

1st March 2021
I-130 submitted.
28th September 2021
I-130 approved and passed on to NVC
2nd October 2021
NVC case create
17th January 2022
DS-260 docs uploaded (delay due to getting foreign police certificates, etc)
13/04/22
AOS submitted (delay waiting for tax returns)
9/9/22
Documentarily Qualified
30/9/22
Interview date provided - needed rescheduling due to travel
14/11/22
Medical
9/1/23
Embassy interview - visa approved
12/1/23
Visa delivered by courier
Congratulations! Thanks for posting your full timeline. Best of luck with the next steps and making the move!
Old Feb 9th 2023, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Denden12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear team , \

my 1.30 approved, now NIV asking me to upload documents. If my wife did do her tax return what else can she used
Old Feb 9th 2023, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Denden12
Dear team , \

my 1.30 approved, now NIV asking me to upload documents. If my wife did do her tax return what else can she used
Tax returns is fine, she'll need to complete an I864 to sponsor you. Any evidence of ability to sponsor should be uploaded, this will vary based on her method of sponsorship. If she can't meet the requirements, you'll need a joint sponsor to also fill out an I864 and submit the relevant evidence.

You should also submit your police certificate (has a defined validity period) and other civil documents. If you have CEAC, it should at least guide you as to what it needs.

Eventually, it will ask you to complete DS260. NVC will not check any of your docs or give you feedback until all minimum docs are uploaded and DS260 and I864 are complete. Submitting DS260, once other steps are complete, does set the ball rolling to interview though. So, if you want to delay any, waiting to hit submit is your last chance. Don't delay more than 1 year.

There is also a handy guide here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...or-spouse.html

Good luck.
Old Feb 10th 2023, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Denden12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tax returns is fine, she'll need to complete an I864 to sponsor you. Any evidence of ability to sponsor should be uploaded, this will vary based on her method of sponsorship. If she can't meet the requirements, you'll need a joint sponsor to also fill out an I864 and submit the relevant evidence.

You should also submit your police certificate (has a defined validity period) and other civil documents. If you have CEAC, it should at least guide you as to what it needs.

Eventually, it will ask you to complete DS260. NVC will not check any of your docs or give you feedback until all minimum docs are uploaded and DS260 and I864 are complete. Submitting DS260, once other steps are complete, does set the ball rolling to interview though. So, if you want to delay any, waiting to hit submit is your last chance. Don't delay more than 1 year.

There is also a handy guide here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...or-spouse.html

Good luck.

sorry I made a mistake, my wife has not done her tax return since Covid , what else can she use to prove income

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.