British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   NVC Filed Online Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/nvc-filed-online-timeline-934412/)

Dave2726 Aug 19th 2020 8:17 am

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Well, after probably 8 years on and off this forum and lurking in between, my USC wife and I have filed I130 online in the past few days. I figured it would be nice to start a timeline page, assuming there isn't one already - sorry Admins if there is!

So, without further delay:

16 August 2020: I130 filed online on the USCIS website

Before anybody asks, wife is also a UKC! Good luck to all :)

UKviaLA Aug 21st 2020 3:23 pm

Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

I filed I-130 on line (USC/UKC) for my husband (Irish), we live in the UK, on 18th August.
Where were you assigned? We got Nebraska. Would be interested to see how our time lines go. Are you prepping anything whilst waiting?

JonB 47 Aug 21st 2020 3:47 pm

I feel for you as Nebraska is very slow, when we filed in Nov 2018 it got sent to Nebraska and at that time it was showing a processing time of 6-8 month then it just got longer and longer to the point it was showing 12-15 month and that was before all this covid stuff. Hopefully it doesn't take that long for you as it's just a pain waiting and not knowing what is happening until you finally get a message saying it is being sent to NVC

UKviaLA Aug 21st 2020 4:30 pm

Yes, I'm not best pleased but luck of the draw, sadly. Hoping we get lucky and it doesn't take that long. I think our situation is straight forward/simple but I don't know if that makes a difference. Guess there's nothing we can do but wait.

Dave2726 Aug 21st 2020 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12900034)
I filed I-130 on line (USC/UKC) for my husband (Irish), we live in the UK, on 18th August.
Where were you assigned? We got Nebraska. Would be interested to see how our time lines go. Are you prepping anything whilst waiting?

Not sure yet. I can see that USCIS processed the payment from DC but there's nothing we can see as to the allocated service center. Haven't started prepping yet other than lining up a joint sponsor for I864. How did you find out which service center?

UKviaLA Aug 21st 2020 5:00 pm

Logging in on my.uscis.gov and looking at my receipt it says Nebraska Service Center down at the bottom. I am guessing that means we've been assigned to Nebraska unless all receipts say this. I would prefer the latter!

Dave2726 Aug 21st 2020 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12900100)
Logging in on my.uscis.gov and looking at my receipt it says Nebraska Service Center down at the bottom. I am guessing that means we've been assigned to Nebraska unless all receipts say this. I would prefer the latter!

Ah, well it would seem that we don't even have a receipt...

Dave2726 Aug 25th 2020 11:41 am

OK, so we got some snail mail from USCIS today. Also Nebraska Service Center. I think the issue was that we forgot to provide the electronic notifications form so we didn't find this out as early as we might have done - doh!

16 Aug 2020: I-130 and I-130a filed online
25 Aug 2020: USCIS letter rx from Nebraska Service Center

UKviaLA Aug 25th 2020 12:09 pm

Snap, our snail mail copy arrived in the post today. Comparing processing times for the various centres here, egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/, it seems Nebraska isn't so bad but we shall see!

Southernboy123 Aug 26th 2020 1:10 pm

Filed online 18 March 2020 straight to Nebraska.....still waiting but have noticed the processing timeframes have reduced since we filed which is a good thing for us all.

UKviaLA Aug 26th 2020 1:15 pm

Ohhhhh....hopefully you should be hearing something soon. Guessing no updates at all since filing? Hopefully not much longer for you! Would be interested in any updates.

Southernboy123 Aug 26th 2020 1:26 pm

Hopefully and no nothing heard since the NOA1, however when we filed the processing time at Nebraska was given as 12.5 - 16.5 months for a US Citizen filing for Spouse, now I believe it is down to 7-9 months. Correction 6.5 - 8.5 months actually.

Dave2726 Aug 26th 2020 2:01 pm

Three of us in the race now then! Here's to no RFEs or hiccups!

Southernboy123 Sep 13th 2020 7:46 am

Approved 8 September, file now at NVC and welcome email received. So just under 6 months from filing the I-130. 😁

Dave2726 Sep 13th 2020 8:20 am

Congrats and your approval! Not too bad 6 months in a pandemic! Best of luck with the next stages and interested to see your timelines continue :)

UKviaLA Sep 13th 2020 8:55 am

That's excellent news and congrats! Do keep us posted on the rest of your journey. Sending best wishes.

Southernboy123 Sep 14th 2020 6:15 am

Thank you, it’ll be a drawn out journey throughout the next 12 months as we aren’t ready to move until late next year. We wanted this first part done though as we know we can control the pace of the NVC stage. At the time we filed Nebraska was running at 12 months or more to approve petitions but I guess since Covid and a couple of executive orders from Trump things picked up a great deal!

Dave2726 Sep 14th 2020 6:20 am

Likewise, we will also be trying to drag it out a little if I130 approval is quick. We have the luxury of already living together here in the UK and neither of us want to move until this business with covid is under more control. Had to get started though!

UKviaLA Nov 23rd 2020 9:28 am

My timeline update. Submitted I-130 18th August and approved 16th Nov. File sent to NVC and welcome email received. Now need to send further docs and await appointment at US Embassy in London.
This came as a complete surprise! Really wasn't expecting to hear so quickly. Almost 3 months to the day. Wasn't expecting to hear anything until early next year!
We aren't planning on moving until July/Aug 2022 for various reasons and now need to figure out the best time to proceed as don't want things to expire.
May go ahead sooner than later in order to get it done and then fly over to get stamped and fly back although know can only stay for 6 months max if we return until final move.
A lot to think about but have 12 months to send docs to NVC.
Hope everyone else is well.

Dave2726 Nov 23rd 2020 11:10 am

Wow! That was quick indeed and much quicker than we would expect also having submitted only 2 days before you. I believe we were also at NSC. Haven't seen a change yet. Perhaps you were one of the lucky ones?!

We would also be unable to move just yet or for at least the next 6-12 months. I think there are various ways to use the process delays and time limits to achieve that and I would imagine, and hope, that you can find a workable way forwards! Congrats anyway and good luck with the next steps!

Hope all are well also :)

UKviaLA Nov 23rd 2020 11:17 am

I don't know but I'm not going to complain. Only thing I can think is our case is very straight forward and simple but don't have a clue how it works.
I didn't realise until I received an email that our case had been approved. Approved on the 16th but didn't receive email until the 19th and then went and checked status and saw it was all there had I check earlier in the week.
I know we can control it somewhat but I don't want to leave it too late and then find out everything is backed up and then takes ages.
Concerned that once things open up again to everyone there'll be a backlog as I know our type of application was one of the few they are dealing with right now.
So, a lot to think about.
Here's hoping you hear soon. I would imagine so.

Southernboy123 Nov 23rd 2020 11:26 am

There already is a backlog I’m afraid, you’re looking at 2 months to 10 weeks for the NVC to review your docs once they’re all submitted. Once your DQd by NVC you’re then looking at 3-5 months from then until an interview appt being scheduled. Works for us as we aren’t ready to move until mid to later next year anyway but just as well lol!

rushie10 Nov 26th 2020 9:46 pm

My wife is a USC and I am a UKC, our USCIS receipt was date stamped Aug 3rd, and I got sent to NVC last Sunday night, UK time, 22/11/2020.

I'm in the process of the next stages of paperwork, fees, etc now.

PS. We were assigned to Nebraska also.

rushie10 Nov 26th 2020 10:01 pm

I'm from the UK, and the spouse of a US citizen, we live in the UK.

I-130 receipt received 3 August 2020, assigned to Nebraska USCIS center
Forwarded to NVC and welcome email received 22 Nov 2020

I'm working on the next steps now, I'll keep you posted.

UKviaLA Nov 27th 2020 7:10 am

Congrats. Please do.
We're organising our next stage docs now and have paid fees. Looking at the Notice of Action we received from USCIS, it's dated 14th of November 2020. Original submission receipt 18th Aug 2020. USCIS approval 14th November. Still surprised by the quick turn-around. I had accepted we wouldn't hear until early 2021!
We have received our NVC case number, as well.
Full steam ahead!

rushie10 Dec 16th 2020 7:32 pm

Update:

Submitted all doc's online to NVC 15 Dec 2020

rushie10 Dec 17th 2020 8:31 pm

Update:

Update:

(Almost unbelievably) Received a message from NVC that all doc's had been accepted, except 1 which needed a minor update 16 Dec 2020
Updated 1 doc and resubmitted 17 Dec 2020

rushie10 Dec 20th 2020 9:44 pm

Update:

(Almost unbelievably) Received a message from NVC that all doc's had been accepted, except 1 which needed a minor update 16 Dec 2020
Updated 1 doc and resubmitted 17 Dec 2020
Doc's all approved 18 Dec 2020

Now we're waiting for the appointment to be scheduled.

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 1:04 pm

Hi rushie10 Just curious if you've had any updates since 18th Dec? We just submitted our docs to NVC yesterday so waiting to hear on approval or if need more info but was thinking it would take maybe 6 weeks for all docs to be reviewed and approved.
You completed submitting and were documentarily qualified the next day?

Southernboy123 Feb 9th 2021 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969777)
Hi rushie10 Just curious if you've had any updates since 18th Dec? We just submitted our docs to NVC yesterday so waiting to hear on approval or if need more info but was thinking it would take maybe 6 weeks for all docs to be reviewed and approved.

for what it’s worth we submitted docs to NVC between Xmas and new year and became DQd on the 15th Jan.

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 1:48 pm

Thank you, Southernboy123. That is helpful. Much appreciated. A lot quicker than I would expect. Have you heard anything further about your appointment being scheduled?

Southernboy123 Feb 9th 2021 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969796)
Thank you, Southernboy123. That is helpful. Much appreciated. A lot quicker than I would expect. Have you heard anything further about your appointment being scheduled?

Noooo....I’m aware of many people who were DQd 15th 20th October on a different forum who are still stuck at NVC waiting for an embassy interview appt, so I’m not expecting anything for several months. They schedule appts in order of DQ so...

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 2:07 pm

Ok, thank you. That's helpful too.
We're not in a rush especially due to the current situation.

rushie10 Feb 9th 2021 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969777)

Yes, our docs were approved the next day, it was very unexpected but much appreciated!

still waiting on an appointment, have heard absolutely nothing!

UKviaLA Feb 9th 2021 7:02 pm

Surprisingly I've just received notification that our documents have all been approved. The next stage of waiting begins!

rushie10 Feb 9th 2021 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12969947)
Surprisingly I've just received notification that our documents have all been approved. The next stage of waiting begins!

brilliant! That's great. The NVC are on it like a Jane Austen bonnet.

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 11:20 am

UK citizen living in the UK, married since September 2019 to US citizen living in the US (and sadly apart since January 2020, due to the pandemic and our joint commitment to prevent/avoid the virus spreading) :(

I-130 filed December 2019
Case sent from the Texas centre to NVC in June 2020
DS-260, I-864 and all documents submitted 10 November 2020
Documents approved 18 November 2020

Now waiting for our case to be sent to London and for an interview date, whilst getting my outstanding vaccinations sorted and trying not to worry too much about what the future will throw at us...

rushie10 Feb 11th 2021 3:57 pm

Thanks for that. You're exactly 1 month ahead of me with The document approval so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Keep us posted!

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Squirrel123 (Post 12970569)
UK citizen living in the UK, married since September 2019 to US citizen living in the US (and sadly apart since January 2020, due to the pandemic and our joint commitment to prevent/avoid the virus spreading) :(

I-130 filed December 2019
Case sent from the Texas centre to NVC in June 2020
DS-260, I-864 and all documents submitted 10 November 2020
Documents approved 18 November 2020

Now waiting for our case to be sent to London and for an interview date, whilst getting my outstanding vaccinations sorted and trying not to worry too much about what the future will throw at us...

Funnily enough, about 10 minutes after I posted, I got an email from the NVC with my interview date and instructions. It'll be on 30 March 2021, at the embassy in London! Now I'm a strange mix of excited and nervous - it'll be the first time since September that I've travelled more than about 10 miles... Right, now to get onto arranging the medical :ohmy:

Squirrel123 Feb 11th 2021 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by rushie10 (Post 12970684)
Thanks for that. You're exactly 1 month ahead of me with The document approval so I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Keep us posted!

Fingers crossed, you'll hear from them early next month!