Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Wikiposts

NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:16 am
Account Closed

caliqueen17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Ok, so now I have spoken with the Knightsbridge Doctors Surgery and they have said I need to wait until the Embassy get hold of my file just to check they are keeping the same 'LND' number and then I should call them and arrange a medical appointment.

I will call the Embassy everyday next week until they acknowledge receipt of my file- check the LND number and schedule a medical appointment straight away [such conviction], does that sound like a good action plan?

Why would the Embassy change the LND number anyway?

Has anyone experienced this happening?

:-( This is making me miserable
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Originally Posted by caliqueen17
Ok, so now I have spoken with the Knightsbridge Doctors Surgery and they have said I need to wait until the Embassy get hold of my file just to check they are keeping the same 'LND' number and then I should call them and arrange a medical appointment.

I will call the Embassy everyday next week until they acknowledge receipt of my file- check the LND number and schedule a medical appointment straight away [such conviction], does that sound like a good action plan?

Why would the Embassy change the LND number anyway?

Has anyone experienced this happening?

:-( This is making me miserable
NVC just notified you yesterday (Apr 7), that they are done with their processing, right? So I personally wouldn't call anyone for about 2 - 3 weeks. Don't call the embassy, you are just getting a call center. If you call anyone, call NVC to see if they've forwarded your file to London yet. But I could swear NVC sets up the interview date now...not London.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:08 am
Account Closed

So now I called the NVC and they inform me that the NVC arrange the interview at the embassy based on when the Embassy can fit me in [usually the first two weeks of the following month].

She advised that I do not book for a medical as the Physician will want to see an interview appointment letter- I mean really?

What is the harm in scheduling an appointment in the meantime.

I am going to be in London over Easter, thinking of killing two birds with one stone. They make life sooooo difficult!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moxie,

No I haven't scheduled my medical with the Knightsbridge Doctors yet, should I?

I haven't had a letter for my interview from the Embassy, should I wait for that or should I go ahead and schedule the appointment with the Doctors anyway?

Thanks.
Did you read the link that I put in my reply? (click on medical) The last paragraph on that page says:

'The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination.'

And over in the right side of the page gives more information and links to read about the medical. vaccinations, fees, etc. Study the page and all the links.

The people who had quicker interviews were probably on top of getting their part done. Get ahead by getting records of your immunizations and the required immigrant shots (maybe free) at your GP. Take the shot records to the medical. Again, the information you need is on that website and the embassy won't be giving you anymore information than what they have explained on the website.

Last edited by Moxie; Apr 8th 2011 at 5:26 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

This is making me miserable
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that you are becoming miserable because of the misinformation you're receiving from everyone except the good people in this forum. Why? Because we've been through the process... something, I can assure you, that no one at the Embassy has done.

Stick with the advice you get here... you'll be far better off!

Ian
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:45 am
Account Closed

I can make an appointment with the medical people on Monday, which I plan to do.

I have the LND number, but what if the Doctor asks for the Interview letter?

That is the only thing holding me back.

I will be seeing my GP on Wednesday [13th] and having all the shots, or whatever he can give me. In addition I will obtain a vaccination list on that day too.

So what now, shall I go for the medical without the letter?
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:49 am
Account Closed

By the way what is included in this pack the Embassy will be sending?

After all the forms I have completed for the NVC I dread the thought of more forms

It's all so horrifying!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I can make an appointment with the medical people on Monday, which I plan to do.

I have the LND number, but what if the Doctor asks for the Interview letter?
The interview cannot be scheduled until your medical is complete. Therefore, it does not make sense that the doctor would ask for an interview letter....since you can't receive one until your medical is complete. You won't know if the doctor will ask you for the interview letter until you make the call, right? So just call. Don't mention an interview letter specifically. Just tell them your LND number. They should be able to book your medical with that.

So what now, shall I go for the medical without the letter?
Yes.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:56 am

By the way what is included in this pack the Embassy will be sending?

After all the forms I have completed for the NVC I dread the thought of more forms

It's all so horrifying!
As I mentioned, "Packet 3" is just a 1-page letter, giving you the link to the website to fill out your visa application forms. Might also include information on how to book your medical. You can see all the exact same information on the US London Embassy website.

Now that NVC has taken over most of the whole process, I don't even know if London still sends out a "Packet 3" letter anyway. My guess is not.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I hadn't read about your calls. I would personally see my GP for shots and schedule the medical appointment with Knightsbridge with your LND number without telling them you don't have anything from London. I would book it for when you are going to be there anyway. I don't know about NVC, but they do deal with many consulates, each having their own quirky procedures for handing out the visas. London does say they want the medical results before the interview. Knightsbridge does not typically ask to see an interview letter when you attend a medical exam. Well that's what I would do if I was in a desperate hurry.

Or you can sit back and wait to get something in the mail and not stress until London sends you instructions that you need a medical exam. Then go to your GP for shot records. Then make a medical appointment. It will all happen in due time.

Edit to add--
You will get something like this. It's the link another CR1 told me they got.
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...isa/iv_018.pdf

Last edited by Moxie; Apr 8th 2011 at 6:08 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Thank you for that very useful information everyone.

Thanks Moxie for the detail regarding the Interview doc's etc. VERY HELPFUL!

I have been trying to find the Medical Form IV18a and I cannot find one online, can anyone assist?

I think the only alternative is to request one from the Knightsbridge Doctors as I see people have done so on previous occasions on forums I have accessed today. What would you all suggest?

Thank you
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:54 am

I have been trying to find the Medical Form IV18a and I cannot find one online, can anyone assist?
Yep, it's here on the US Embassy London website:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html

On the right hand side, there is another link which takes you here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...cal_letter.pdf

If you scroll about 2/3 of the way down that document, you'll come to the IV18a form.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Thank you Noorah!

This site is great
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I am worried about the people who work at the Embassy they never seem to be 'on the ball'
If one wishes for accurate information, it is a good idea to seek it from a reliable source. For some reason, this rule is often ignored and people would rather seek information from the government agency involved.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caliqueen--I gave you the same links to the medical info in post 6 or 7 of this thread. Take some time to read the information. There's a lot there to learn. If you had read it all, you wouldn't be asking for the form 20 posts later. You would have found it. Please, please read every word, every link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.