Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Wikiposts

NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:40 am
Account Closed

caliqueen17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Hello everyone, I would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this subject?

I was told today that the NVC have completed preparation at their end, how long before London receives the file & schedules an interview?

Thank you
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Originally Posted by caliqueen17
Hello everyone, I would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this subject?

I was told today that the NVC have completed preparation at their end, how long before London receives the file & schedules an interview?

Thank you
Do you mean a CR1 or IR1?

K3's are no more.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC to EMBASSY in LONDON how long does it take to transfer a K3 Visa file?

Thank you
I moved your thread to the US Marriage-Based visa forum, since a K-3 is given to the spouse of a USC.

Are you really getting a K-3, or an Immigrant Visa? It's rare these days to actually get a K-3, that's why we want to make sure. The process for setting up an interview is a little different between the K-3 and the Immigrant Visa.

Also, you were told that NVC "completed preparation on their end", but if you're getting a K-3, NVC doesn't do anything with your case except just pass it through quickly and onto the embassy. They don't "prepare" anything.

Can you shed some light on what you've done through NVC, and clarify what visa you're getting for sure?

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
K3's are no more.
Well, they still exist, it's just rare to get one.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Hi, thanks for getting back to me

We filed a I-130 Petition back in September 2010.
The application was approved by USCIS on 6 December 2010.
The case was passed to the NVC for processing. We heard from the NVC on 7 January 2011.
I married a US Citizen and therefore have applied for the K3 Visa. The marriage took place in California.
The NVC has collated all original civil documents from both myself and my partner, this includes FORM DS-230 & Affidavit of Support 1-1864 with all supporting documents. [They have kept the original documents and have said they will be returned to me during my interview in London].
The NVC informed us yesterday -7 April 2011 that they were about to send the file to London.
I was just wondering how long it took?
As far as I am aware we have applied for the K3 Visa
Thank you for any light you can shed on timescales etc.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Your description is of the CR1 visa process.

From the NVC to London is 4 days.

How much longer will NVC keep it? I don't know.

How long before the interview once it arrives in London? The 2011 interviews I've seen are mostly 1 month later. A few were 6-8 weeks after case arrived in London.

Have you sceduled your medical examination in London?

Last edited by Moxie; Apr 8th 2011 at 12:31 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I married a US Citizen and therefore have applied for the K3 Visa.
Actually, unless you also submitted an I-129F you did not apply for a K-3 visa. With the I-130 alone, you have applied for an immigrant visa (either CR-1 or IR-1). Trust me (and the others)... you do not want a K-3 visa, so you're on the right path.

Ian
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone, the information you have all provided has been very helpful.

I n that case I have applied for a CR1, as I have noticed 'CR1' on all of the correspondence e-mails from the NVC.

I love this site already
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Hi Moxie,

No I haven't scheduled my medical with the Knightsbridge Doctors yet, should I?

I haven't had a letter for my interview from the Embassy, should I wait for that or should I go ahead and schedule the appointment with the Doctors anyway?

Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:27 am

Now that we know you're not doing a K-3 visa, I can tell you that NVC actually schedules the interview date (not London).

If you have an LND number, you need to schedule your medical and get that done. You will need to bring a copy of your police report to the medical. Your interview will not be scheduled until you've completed your medical.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Hi, I have just spoken with the Embassy in London and they have stated that I am to await a 'Pack 3' from the Embassy before scheduling a medical.

I assume this is correct?

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:35 am

Hi, I have just spoken with the Embassy in London and they have stated that I am to await a 'Pack 3' from the Embassy before scheduling a medical.

I assume this is correct?

Thanks
"Packet 3" is just a letter with a link to the website to download and fill out the visa applications forms. I thought you already did that? (DS-230, etc)

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Yes I have done all of that.

I am worried about the people who work at the Embassy they never seem to be 'on the ball'

What should I do?

I am quite happy to go ahead and have the medical asap.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:41 am

Yes I have done all of that.

I am worried about the people who work at the Embassy they never seem to be 'on the ball'

What should I do?

I am quite happy to go ahead and have the medical asap.

Thanks
Well, to be fair, the embassy probably doesn't know you exist yet. It seems that NVC still has your file.

If you have your LND number, go ahead and book your medical. Your interview date won't get scheduled until the medical is done.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:00 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you spoke to anyone at the embassy. More likely a contracted call centre where someone reads from a script.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.