Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NVC checklist for interview

Wikiposts

NVC checklist for interview

Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:22 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default NVC checklist for interview

Hello everyone

Just preparing for my interview next month and I have a quick question regarding a checklist that NVC has asked us to correct at the time of interview. Basically we got case complete but NVC issued us a checklist saying that we need to put N/A instead of a blank space against one of the questions that does not apply to us. I'm guessing the person logging our I-864 thought this was so minor that it didnt warrant a full on checklist that would delay our case by another month.

It says we need to bring along another form with the correction. Am I right in thinking that this will have to be an original with my wifes printed signature in ink? My wife said she was going to fill out a new I-864 and email it to me, but I am sure it would have to be an original as this is the form they are going to use on their records.

If someone could confirm my suspicions are correct, that would be great.

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:28 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVC checklist for interview

Originally Posted by GarethB789
Hello everyone

Just preparing for my interview next month and I have a quick question regarding a checklist that NVC has asked us to correct at the time of interview. Basically we got case complete but NVC issued us a checklist saying that we need to put N/A instead of a blank space against one of the questions that does not apply to us. I'm guessing the person logging our I-864 thought this was so minor that it didnt warrant a full on checklist that would delay our case by another month.

It says we need to bring along another form with the correction. Am I right in thinking that this will have to be an original with my wifes printed signature in ink? My wife said she was going to fill out a new I-864 and email it to me, but I am sure it would have to be an original as this is the form they are going to use on their records.

If someone could confirm my suspicions are correct, that would be great.

Thanks
I think it says in the instructions that all forms must have original signatures. You've obviously got plenty of time to receive the form from your wife so why risk it? Just get her to post it to you
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethB789
Am I right in thinking that this will have to be an original with my wifes printed signature in ink?
While evidence and documents can be scanned or photocopied, all forms must have original signatures - so, yes.

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2014, 1:25 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys. I was almost certain this was the case but just wanted to make sure before I ask my wife to mail one out.

Thanks