NSC K1 approvals

Old Feb 7th 2001, 2:30 am
lk

someone mentioned that the NSC is now processing november petitions (i guess they got this
from the new processing timelines?).

last i heard a petition with an oct 17 NOA date was approved. has anyone in this newsgroup
with a k1 NOA date after oct 17 been approved? our NOA is OCT 30 but we have not heard
anything yet. lk

Old Feb 7th 2001, 7:22 pm
MDUdall

someone mentioned that the NSC is now processing november petitions (i
>guess they got this from the new processing timelines?).

If they got this information from the new processing timeline for the NSC, it is probably
not accurate. The NSC report lists the processing times for 129. It does not break out
special processing times for I-129f's.

The "I-129" form is used for a variety of employment-based visas, while the I-129f is
specific for fiancée visas.

At an NSC liaison meeting, I believe about 6 months ago, it was asked why they don't have
separate listings for the various types of visas that are petitioned using an I-129 (the
employment visa categories). They responded that the processing times for those types of
employment visas are roughly the same so they did not see any point in putting separate
notations for the different types of employment visas; however they did say that they
would consider listing separate notations for I-129f's as those do not usually track with
the other types of employment based visas.

As the NSC reports since then do not have separate listings for I-129f's, apparently they
have not implemented this yet.

Best Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm Copyright
2001 Matthew Udall