Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Wikiposts

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Originally Posted by ILM
OH dear no replies to this post did I do something wrong?

ILM
You didn't do anything wrong. You have very specific issues that probably no one here can answer. You might want to talk to an immigration attorney on this one.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:27 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You didn't do anything wrong. You have very specific issues that probably no one here can answer. You might want to talk to an immigration attorney on this one.

Rene
After this I may well be the one thats qualified to answer other peoples questions on this topic lol.

ok how do I find immigration attorneys in my area , Buffalo NY?

Thanks again

ILM
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:31 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
After this I may well be the one thats qualified to answer other peoples questions on this topic lol.

ok how do I find immigration attorneys in my area , Buffalo NY?

Thanks again

ILM

http://www.ailalawyer.com/
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:48 am
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Thankyou Poppy Girl , I have emailed a lawyer in Buffalo from the link you sent and he has replied , I will make an appointment very soon with him.

ILM
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Use this one.

If you check this, you will be required to prove "extreme cruelty"... and you will not be the one to determine whether or not "extreme cruelty" ever took place.

Ian

An LPR can use as many grounds to self-petition as are applicable.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ILM
I did have a car in both names on the title but I just had to get it into my name and before i could get a copy the DMV took it.
I may be in a bit of trouble here please advise!

ILM
Most states DMV offices can provide a title history of a vehicle, for a small fee. That would indicate the vehicle title in both your names, as well as any prior or subsequent owners.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
An LPR can use as many grounds to self-petition as are applicable.
Did I suggest anything different? Feel free to re-read what I actually wrote... not what you think I wrote.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Use this one.

If you check this, you will be required to prove "extreme cruelty"... and you will not be the one to determine whether or not "extreme cruelty" ever took place.

Ian
I know what you wrote, and I don't disagree with the above comment, however, the sense I got from your post was that he should not check both "d" and "e". In point of fact, if he can satisfactorily demonstrate "d" then demonstrating "e" would become unnecessary. Furthermore, if he could satisfactorily demonstrate "e" it demonstrates "d" by default, as one condition of "e" is that the alien show that the marriage was bonafide. No?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:37 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you wrote, and I don't disagree with the above comment, however, the sense I got from your post was that he should not check both "d" and "e". In point of fact, if he can satisfactorily demonstrate "d" then demonstrating "e" would become unnecessary. Furthermore, if he could satisfactorily demonstrate "e" it demonstrates "d" by default, as one condition of "e" is that the alien show that the marriage was bonafide. No?
All I know is my lawyer that I used in my 1st petition told me that you cannot check d and e its one or the other.

I did not use a lawyer to file the I-751 but my old lawyer gave me advice.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Jun 30th 2008 at 11:39 am.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

All I know is my lawyer that I used in my 1st petition told me that you cannot check d and e its one or the other.

I did not use a lawyer to file the I-751 but my old lawyer gave me advice.
As far as my understanding is concerned, the distinction is that "e" could be used by an alien that married with bonfide intentions and has the evidence to demonstrate that, but doesn't have a decree showing that the marriage has since been terminated either through divorce, or annulment, because the marriage may still exist. However, that being said, while it might be overkill, there's nothing to prevent an alien from using any and all of the grounds permissible to self-waiver.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:47 am

As far as my understanding is concerned, the distinction is that "e" could be used by an alien that married with bonfide intentions and has the evidence to demonstrate that, but doesn't have a decree showing that the marriage has since been terminated either through divorce, or annulment, because the marriage may still exist. However, that being said, while it might be overkill, there's nothing to prevent an alien from using any and all of the grounds permissible to self-waiver.
You may well be right I just wanted to point out what I was told.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:10 am
ILM
Forum Regular

You may well be right I just wanted to point out what I was told.

I have a lot of paperwork gathered together now re the I-751

sorry I havent been on for a while guys, been very busy.

got all I need for the I-751 form gathered except the decree, which I'm assured will only be another 3 weeks at the outside.

when I get chance and put it all in order I will post here the list of things I have, so you guys can give it the once over before I send it in.

Thanks again for now ILM
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Look forward to seeing the list.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing, all my paperwork was ready, including the check...went to court, took a photocopy of my divorce decree ( I was carrying tape, clips, everything!) punched two holes and added it on my ready-i-751 package, went to the postal office, done!

If you want, you can send me a PM...I already went through that part! received already my first NOA...waiting for my biometrics.

Good luck ILM!

Originally Posted by ILM
I have a lot of paperwork gathered together now re the I-751

sorry I havent been on for a while guys, been very busy.

got all I need for the I-751 form gathered except the decree, which I'm assured will only be another 3 weeks at the outside.

when I get chance and put it all in order I will post here the list of things I have, so you guys can give it the once over before I send it in.

Thanks again for now ILM
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Cherr1980 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Oh btw and I already traveled outside the country and enter without problems. I had a stamp on my passport when I filed my first I-751 (joint) but I traveled once I received my new NOA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.