Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Wikiposts

Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:35 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice
Default Re: Now DIVORCED! What next? re-coditions

Originally Posted by Rete
Take a look through your paperwork. You will be pleasantly surprised by all the things you will come across that can be used as proof. There are birthday cards, anniversary cards, e-mails in your sent box, an order slip for furniture or an appliance with the other's person name on it but your address, etc.
Thanks all again for the advice , I did look through some paperwork and found some nice cards she sent me and some photos etc , i will be including these.

I also went online again to H%R Block and was able to get copies of my filed tax returns for 2007 married filling separate.

I have asked 3 very prominent friends to give me affidavits of support too, one is a correctional officer one is a realtor agent and one is a very good friend whos father is an attorney.

I also found the receipt for the car that shows it in both names too.

ILM
Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
Thanks all again for the advice , I did look through some paperwork and found some nice cards she sent me and some photos etc , i will be including these.

I also went online again to H%R Block and was able to get copies of my filed tax returns for 2007 married filling separate.

I have asked 3 very prominent friends to give me affidavits of support too, one is a correctional officer one is a realtor agent and one is a very good friend whos father is an attorney.

I also found the receipt for the car that shows it in both names too.

ILM
Good job! Keep looking around, you'll find more things. An I-751 with waiver package usually needs a lot of evidence.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2008, 1:05 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

ILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really niceILM is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Good job! Keep looking around, you'll find more things. An I-751 with waiver package usually needs a lot of evidence.

Rene

I was thinking about listing all the places we went through the year on trips etc inc dates etc , is this too much or do you recon its worth the time spent on it?, (probly only a page with the list of things)

Because the statement
An I-751 with waiver package usually needs a lot of evidence.
still scares me a bit with the little I have.

ILM
Old Jun 10th 2008, 1:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
I was thinking about listing all the places we went through the year on trips etc inc dates etc , is this too much or do you recon its worth the time spent on it?, (probly only a page with the list of things)

Because the statement still scares me a bit with the little I have.

ILM
I don't think it's worth just making a list, no, unless you have some kind of joint evidence to go along with the trips...i.e. joint credit card statements, hotel bills with both names, etc.

Think of it this way...the more evidence you have, the less likely USCIS will be to investigate deeper.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:46 am
ILM
Forum Regular

I don't think it's worth just making a list, no, unless you have some kind of joint evidence to go along with the trips...i.e. joint credit card statements, hotel bills with both names, etc.

Think of it this way...the more evidence you have, the less likely USCIS will be to investigate deeper.

Rene
Hi this may sound like a stupid question , but!

what sort of binder do i need to use to send in my I-751 package.?

I have no clue as I wasn't the one doing this before re immigration stuff.

ILM
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ILM

ILM
Don't use a binder at all. Staple relevant pages together (as in a 2+ page tax return, for example), and hold everything together with a big bulldog clip. No need to put tabs on anything, either.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM

ILM

I didn't use a binder but I did two hole punch everything at the top and them, made an index, used tabs A, B, etc., put in the appropriate documents under each tab, and then ACCO fastened it together. I made a separate copy (of originals) for my files. Everyone did things just a little differently from each other.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 1:59 am
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I didn't use a binder but I did two hole punch everything at the top and them, made an index, used tabs A, B, etc., put in the appropriate documents under each tab, and then ACCO fastened it together. I made a separate copy (of originals) for my files. Everyone did things just a little differently from each other.
What is ACCO?
do they want originals or copies at this point and if send originals will I get them back if needed?
I still want to use a cover for the file, in order to at least keep it all together and make it presentable, I can still do that right?

ILM
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:24 am
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILM
What is ACCO?
do they want originals or copies at this point and if send originals will I get them back if needed?
I still want to use a cover for the file, in order to at least keep it all together and make it presentable, I can still do that right?

ILM

I am currently trying to fill in the i-751 and came across the part for reason .

I know i should do--- D, I entered into the marriage in good faith but the marriage was terminated through divorce/
annulment.

can I also check E too ----
I am a conditional resident spouse who entered a marriage in good faith, and during the
marriage I was battered by or was the subject of extreme cruelty by my U.S. citizen or
permanent resident spouse or parent.
as this was the reason in my divorce petition "extreme cruelty"

ILM

Last edited by ILM; Jun 14th 2008 at 2:25 am. Reason: grammor fix
Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:27 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
I am currently trying to fill in the i-751 and came across the part for reason .

I know i should do--- D, I entered into the marriage in good faith but the marriage was terminated through divorce/
annulment.

I am a conditional resident spouse who entered a marriage in good faith, and during the
marriage I was battered by or was the subject of extreme cruelty by my U.S. citizen or
permanent resident spouse or parent.
as this was the reason in my divorce petition "extreme cruelty"

ILM

I fell in to both catogarys but only checked D.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by ILM
What is ACCO?

ILM
ACCO is a 2-pronged metal fastener.

I personally would not put a cover on it. USCIS will just have to undo it all (which they'll do anyway) and throw it away. I never used a cover of any kind.

Send photocopies only. Do not send originals. The only original you should be sending is the I-751 form. All your evidence should be photocopies.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
I know i should do--- D...
Use this one.

If you check this, you will be required to prove "extreme cruelty"... and you will not be the one to determine whether or not "extreme cruelty" ever took place.

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2008, 3:35 am
ILM
Forum Regular

In previous posts I have toched on the subject of my arrest, information on that I have kept to a minimum due to the fact it's still ongoing, in 2 weeks time I face a trial re this arrest.
Basically I had an immigration site account on another site other than this one, It was set up by her for me and a password was made up of both our names and wedding date, the account name was IanLaura.
After our seperation 4 months into it I went onto the website and changed the email address into my own personal email address.
She had me arrested for theft of her account, this is now going to trial .
I have to prove I only took my own account over.

the I-751 form says this:-

Criminal History.
If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed, submit:
1. An original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed.
If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, or if charges were filed against you without an arrest, submit:
2. An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, (e.g. dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order).

It would appear that I have to wait for the trial and the subsequent paperwork after, before I can send in my i-751 form.

what exactly please guys am I waiting for regarding paperwork they will need?

I expect to get this case dissmissed without any issues, will a letter from my attorney suffice, or will immigration require court papers?

sorry its now getting a bit complicated for me.

ILM
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:59 pm
ILM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILM
In previous posts I have toched on the subject of my arrest, information on that I have kept to a minimum due to the fact it's still ongoing, in 2 weeks time I face a trial re this arrest.
Basically I had an immigration site account on another site other than this one, It was set up by her for me and a password was made up of both our names and wedding date, the account name was IanLaura.
After our seperation 4 months into it I went onto the website and changed the email address into my own personal email address.
She had me arrested for theft of her account, this is now going to trial .
I have to prove I only took my own account over.

the I-751 form says this:-

Criminal History.
If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed, submit:
1. An original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed.
If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and charges were filed, or if charges were filed against you without an arrest, submit:
2. An original or court-certified copy of the complete arrest record and/or disposition for each incident, (e.g. dismissal order, conviction record or acquittal order).

It would appear that I have to wait for the trial and the subsequent paperwork after, before I can send in my i-751 form.

what exactly please guys am I waiting for regarding paperwork they will need?

I expect to get this case dissmissed without any issues, will a letter from my attorney suffice, or will immigration require court papers?

sorry its now getting a bit complicated for me.

ILM
OH dear no replies to this post did I do something wrong?

ILM
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILM
OH dear no replies to this post did I do something wrong?

ILM
Poor then likely none of us know the correct answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.