Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

November Submission of I-130 - Texas

November Submission of I-130 - Texas

Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

kentuckybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Question November Submission of I-130 - Texas

We submitted our I-130 on 5th November 2007 to the Texas Centre. Still awaiting receipt number although USPS confirmed delivery on the 8th November. Anyone else still not heard anything from your November submission?

Contacted them and was informed that it will more than likely still be in the mail room...... and without a receipt number they are unable to assist.

Do you think it would be wise to resubmit the application to the new processing centre in Chicago under the pretence that our original application has been lost in the void, or is it not unusual to have to wait this long for them to open the envelopes and clear the cheques.

Frustrating sitting here watching the time roll ever onwards and not know anymore than it was delivered to them in November.:curse:
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November Submission of I-130 - Texas

Originally Posted by kentuckybound
We submitted our I-130 on 5th November 2007 to the Texas Centre. Still awaiting receipt number although USPS confirmed delivery on the 8th November. Anyone else still not heard anything from your November submission?

Contacted them and was informed that it will more than likely still be in the mail room...... and without a receipt number they are unable to assist.

Do you think it would be wise to resubmit the application to the new processing centre in Chicago under the pretence that our original application has been lost in the void, or is it not unusual to have to wait this long for them to open the envelopes and clear the cheques.

Frustrating sitting here watching the time roll ever onwards and not know anymore than it was delivered to them in November.:curse:

I would not re-submit. The reason it could still be sitting in the mailroom is because USCIS received a huge amount of applications before the price increase went into effect last July. It took some people 5 months before they received notice that their application was in the system. They could still be having some issues getting the applications in the systems, so just try to have a little bit more patience (I know it's easier said than done). When we sent in my (now) husband's K1 fiance visa, we never received any kind of notice saying they had accepted my petition. The first piece of paper we received was an approval notice 7 months later. That was damn frustrating not knowing if anything was being processed, so I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

If you sent in another application under the pretense the other was lost, you could be doing yourself more harm than good.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Mar 5th 2008 at 12:29 am.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Don't resubmit yet; receipt notices are still trickling in for cases in your age range.
You can look on that new instruction regarding the lockbox though and see which Service Center you will be going to. Texas will not be adjudicating your petition.

USPS confirmed the delivery; it's in there, somewhere, in that mountain of paper.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't resubmit yet; receipt notices are still trickling in for cases in your age range.
You can look on that new instruction regarding the lockbox though and see which Service Center you will be going to. Texas will not be adjudicating your petition.

USPS confirmed the delivery; it's in there, somewhere, in that mountain of paper.
I submitted an application for my Dad in mid October and am still waiting for an NOA/reciept. They cashed the cheque so I know it is there, but I dont have anything either. Very frustrating!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curlylocks
I submitted an application for my Dad in mid October and am still waiting for an NOA/reciept. They cashed the cheque so I know it is there, but I dont have anything either. Very frustrating!
Is the receipt number on the back of your canceled check? You can use that to access the non-information on uscis.gov
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Is the receipt number on the back of your canceled check? You can use that to access the non-information on uscis.gov
Interesting Q... but I dont get the full cheque back from my bank anymore - they photocopy them and send me the photocopy! Maybe I can get in touch with my bank to find out...
thanks!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Interesting Q... but I dont get the full cheque back from my bank anymore - they photocopy them and send me the photocopy! Maybe I can get in touch with my bank to find out...
thanks!!!
Ok - so I have the # from the back of the check... it does begin with EAC, and is 13 digits long, but it hard to read from the photocopy and when I put the # in DHS website it says there is no record in the system. Oh well... the waiting continues!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:08 am

Ok - so I have the # from the back of the check... it does begin with EAC, and is 13 digits long, but it hard to read from the photocopy and when I put the # in DHS website it says there is no record in the system. Oh well... the waiting continues!
So you found it in your online banking?

The EAC means it has been received in at Vermont Service Center (Eastern Adjudication Center) so you've got an approximate date now (they will honor the date you actually sent it in) and a SC, so you can just keep an eye on what other cases around the same time are doing. Just a rough idea, but that's all you've got anyway.

Press on with preparing for the visa application just as if you knew exactly what was happening to the petition minute by minute.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

The EAC means it has been received in at Vermont Service Center (Eastern Adjudication Center) so you've got an approximate date now (they will honor the date you actually sent it in) and a SC, so you can just keep an eye on what other cases around the same time are doing. Just a rough idea, but that's all you've got anyway.

Press on with preparing for the visa application just as if you knew exactly what was happening to the petition minute by minute.
That's great!! Thanks SOOO much for that - I never would have thought to look! Yes - I found it on my online banking! I'll press ahead with the visa preparation
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: November Submission of I-130 - Texas

Thanks for all your inputs. It's very frustrating sitting here and not knowing anything, if they had gone ahead and cashed the cheque at least you would know someone has at least opened the envelope.

Spoke to Texas today and was told that they sent all of their I-130's to Chicago Lockbox in December... which begs the question... if they havent opened any of the packets, which they said would be the reason we haven't had even our cheque cashed yet, how to do they know which envelopes hold I-130 applications in order for them to send them to Chicago!!!!

It appears that their "Customer Services" offer any advice that they think may get you off the phone.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:35 am

It appears that their "Customer Services" offer any advice that they think may get you off the phone.
It's normally called the MisInformation Line around here.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mariaslk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: November Submission of I-130 - Texas

Hi Meauxna
My petition was sent in Nov also, received 3rd Dec but our received date from USCIS is 29 January. We have called and queried honoring the actual "received" date but they say they can't change this. So I guess I'm now classed as a January filer in their eyes?
Thanks
Maria
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:55 am

Maria, that's terrible.. I'm sorry. I was repeating what I've read from USCIS; I should have known better!

I don't think that USCIS classifies cases as 'January filers' or whatever. You simply have the priority date on your petition, and can see what the posted processing date is, and then watch other people's cases for hints.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Meauxna
My petition was sent in Nov also, received 3rd Dec but our received date from USCIS is 29 January. We have called and queried honoring the actual "received" date but they say they can't change this. So I guess I'm now classed as a January filer in their eyes?
Thanks
Maria
Wow am I jealous, submitted your I-130 in November and its already in the system and here am I still awaiting them to even open our packet and just cash our cheque so we can get our receipt number.

good luck with everything, thi shas to be one of the most frustrating and depressing times of our marriage, but hey.. better to get it over with in the beginning I guess

It's normally called the MisInformation Line around here.
Isn't that the truth.. there helpful advice is always "give it another month"... Got to love government run organisations
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:21 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Hi
Our I-130 was posted 4th Nov, received 9th Nov and we didn't get our receipt issued until 22nd Jan, which my darling hubby received the following week. Before it arrived he called the helpline to be told we were nowhere to be found, even though a receipt had been issued. We though our application had been lost.

We did notice that while the backlog was that bad they were producing weekly updates on the website, so it might be worth trying to chase up, as you probably should have something by now.

Lynann