Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NOTICE DATE 9/22/03 not 10/14/03!! Thanks Jeffrey

Wikiposts

NOTICE DATE 9/22/03 not 10/14/03!! Thanks Jeffrey

Old Oct 30th 2003, 8:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOTICE DATE 9/22/03 not 10/14/03!! Thanks Jeffrey

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Sorry Guys!!

The 10/3 is the receipt date and the 10/6 is the notice one lol sorry, I don't know what the heck is wrong with me today!!
No he didn't send me a copy of the notices, I told him to scan the notices and send them to me, but he doesnt have a scanner.. so he asked me for a fax number, but I dont have a fax machine in my house lol so I am gonna ask my hubby for his fax number so we can FINALLY get to see that bad boy NOA

The Butthead!!
Or, he could just photocopy them at his office, and regular mail them to you....that's what my lawyer did :-)
Old Oct 30th 2003, 9:02 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
OMG!!!!!!!!!

This thread made my brain fall out.

Leslie

So sorry, I already told you I am a butthead lol
Old Oct 30th 2003, 9:05 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Or, he could just photocopy them at his office, and regular mail them to you....that's what my lawyer did :-)
True.. It is just that international mail is so slow.. even if You rush it.. aww that takes the cake by a mile lol
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

True.. It is just that international mail is so slow.. even if You rush it.. aww that takes the cake by a mile lol
Ohhhhh I didn't realize the lawyer was in the USA, duhhh....I'm about brain dead today, myself!!! LOL Never mind!! :-)
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:14 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering "why" you feel the need to have a copy. You have the dates on the notice and you have the receipt number (so you can access the on-line system).

I've done hundreds of fiancée cases, and I don't recall ever “needing� to send copies of notices to the foreign beneficiary although I always mail a copy or copies (if an I-824 is also filed) to the U.S. petitioner, who might mail a copy to his or her foreign fiancée. It might be nice to have, but it’s certainly not “needed�.

And don't worry about your time line. Time lines are fine to a certain extent, but what happens in one case is no indication of what will happen in someone else's cases. Such emphasis on time lines seems to suggest the opposite, which might lead others into having unrealistic expectations.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:39 am

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Just wondering "why" you feel the need to have a copy. You have the dates on the notice and you have the receipt number (so you can access the on-line system).

I've done hundreds of fiancée cases, and I don't recall ever “needing� to send copies of notices to the foreign beneficiary although I always mail a copy or copies (if an I-824 is also filed) to the U.S. petitioner, who might mail a copy to his or her foreign fiancée. It might be nice to have, but it’s certainly not “needed�.

And don't worry about your time line. Time lines are fine to a certain extent, but what happens in one case is no indication of what will happen in someone else's cases. Such emphasis on time lines seems to suggest the opposite, which might lead others into having unrealistic expectations.
Just for curiosity sake!, I want to see how it looks like!!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:57 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I agree on that point. I had very unrealistic expectations going into this. If I had known I'd still be waiting at MSC after 100 days, I would have done DCF without a second thought. Still though, it's the unrealistic expectations and hopes that have enabled me to survive this long.