Wikiposts

Notarized Tax Return

Old May 26th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Notarized Tax Return

Evening...

The London Embassy guidance info on Evidence of Support for K1 states one of the documents to bring along is -
notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return

Chris has taken his most Tax Return to get it notarized, but as it was submitted online, it can't really be verified as such as it's an electronic signature etc

In the circumstances the notary has drawn up a statement saying "On the 26th of May 2009, I, Chris****** attest that the attached documents are a true and exact copy of my original documents, Form 1040EZ and W-2(s) for the year 2008."

Which he has signed....then she states:

"This instrument was acknowledged before me on May 26, 2009, by Chris******, who is personally known to me"

She has signed this.

Will that be sufficient to cover the notarization requirement? I am not familiar with US Tax Returns, format or really what will be acceptable for notarization of such a document.

J
Old May 26th 2009, 7:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notarized Tax Return

There is no such modern thing as a notarized tax return, despite the (outdated) language on the London website.

Chris can call the IRS and have his income tax transcript sent to him for free (get the last three years while he's on the phone).

Transcripts are the fast, free, preferred method of reporting income tax returns to USCIS.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Thanks, however I've read they take a couple weeks to come through, is that right? Is there any way to get them quicker?

I assume then, that this notarization is useless? I sent my IV-15 checklist back to London today as this was the only thing left for him to do before sending me a package, and he was arranging it today so I thought we were ok to go!
Old May 26th 2009, 7:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Thanks, however I've read they take a couple weeks to come through, is that right? Is there any way to get them quicker?

I assume then, that this notarization is useless? I sent my IV-15 checklist back to London today as this was the only thing left for him to do before sending me a package, and he was arranging it today so I thought we were ok to go!
I haven't done it myself, but there are many reports of IRS faxing it to the USC while everyone's still on the phone together. Plain paper fax copy & noone can tell the difference. The transcripts look amazingly fake.

You are good to go; even if C gets them in the mail, you'll have time before interview IMO.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I haven't done it myself, but there are many reports of IRS faxing it to the USC while everyone's still on the phone together. Plain paper fax copy & noone can tell the difference. The transcripts look amazingly fake.
Ha ha...I might get him to try for that then. I was sure I'd seen that mentioned somewhere on my forum travels (but I can never for the life of me remember whats threads I read what in!!)

You are good to go; even if C gets them in the mail, you'll have time before interview IMO.
Yes, of course, you are totally right! I recon they won't give me my interview until July, but even if its a month or so away that should give us time...I just get in a panic about things getting lost in the post and not turning up!! But we'll be screwed on more than just the Tax Return if that happens! Have faith, Jenna!!!
Old May 26th 2009, 4:12 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I got my IRS tax transcripts in the mail a week after I rang and requested them,
Old May 26th 2009, 6:38 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I had my 2007 tax return notarised. At the bottom of the last page of the return she had me write basically all the same info that you quoted that your notary did.
Old May 27th 2009, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks pb
Old May 27th 2009, 5:58 pm

You're welcome! I married a Scot from Carnoustie by the way!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Well, as efficient as everyone else has experienced the IRS, they didn't manage it for us. We waited a reasonable time and nothing ever came. So Chris phoned and had to re-request as it turns out they'd only sent him one year (06 or something) which hadn't arrived yet. He has now got 3 years worth and some duplicates, but not sure I'll get them in time for my interview.

I do have the last notarized tax return, so hopefully that will be sufficient as there's not much I can do if the IRS transcripts are not here before I fly to London!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Well, as efficient as everyone else has experienced the IRS, they didn't manage it for us. We waited a reasonable time and nothing ever came. So Chris phoned and had to re-request as it turns out they'd only sent him one year (06 or something) which hadn't arrived yet. He has now got 3 years worth and some duplicates, but not sure I'll get them in time for my interview.

I do have the last notarized tax return, so hopefully that will be sufficient as there's not much I can do if the IRS transcripts are not here before I fly to London!
Did he use the automated system? That's what I did. I never had to talk to anyone. He also could explain the situation and have them fax it to him ASAP!