Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

notarization on 1st phase of K1?

notarization on 1st phase of K1?

Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:20 am
Matildaknot

Default notarization on 1st phase of K1?

Hello....I am in the first stages of submitting the K1 petition. I am the U.S.
citizen. I am wondering which, if anything, at this phase needs a notarization? My
fiance is submitting a statement of intent...does that need a notary? Do his G325
forms need it? Does my intention statment need it? I am submitting my fiance's birth
certificate in another language, so we are definitely having the translator's letter
notarized. Any help is appreciated on the notary topic. Thanks!

Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: notarization on 1st phase of K1?

There are no instructions on the I-129F that calls for notarization of documents that I can recall. You don't need to have the BC translations notarized. The translator will sign and date after translation. The only thing that will require notarization is the Affidavit of Support you will supply later on in the process.
Old Jun 17th 2002, 10:20 am
Mrtravel

The only document you need to have notarized is the I-134. Later, you will need to
notarize I-865 for adjustment of status

Matildaknot wrote:
    >
    > Hello....I am in the first stages of submitting the K1 petition. I am the U.S.
    > citizen. I am wondering which, if anything, at this phase needs a notarization? My
    > fiance is submitting a statement of intent...does that need a notary? Do his G325
    > forms need it? Does my intention statment need it? I am submitting my fiance's
    > birth certificate in another language, so we are definitely having the translator's
    > letter notarized. Any help is appreciated on the notary topic. Thanks!

Old Jun 17th 2002, 2:20 pm
Robin

[email protected] (Matildaknot) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello....I am in the first stages of submitting the K1 petition. I am the U.S.
    > citizen. I am wondering which, if anything, at this phase needs a notarization? My
    > fiance is submitting a statement of intent...does that need a notary? Do his G325
    > forms need it? Does my intention statment need it? I am submitting my fiance's
    > birth certificate in another language, so we are definitely having the translator's
    > letter notarized. Any help is appreciated on the notary topic. Thanks!

You do not need to notarize the G325 forms or the intention statements.

I did not have anything notarized for the I-129F and it was approved. You need to
include and sign the FC-029 Form. HOWEVER, your fiance will need either notarized
copies of your information or the originals for the interview at the consulate in
case they ask for them. So I sent the originals (birth cert, marriage/divorce
certificates) home with my fiance. (I ordered 3 notarized copies of my birth
certificate so I could send one with the I-129F, give one to my fiance and keep a
copy - though it probably wasn't necessary). We didn't get notarized copies of the
translations of his divorce and name change papers either - just had the translator
(his ex-significant other) fill out and sign the "certification statement" that you
can find on Doc Steens website.

Your fiance will need a notarized copy of your I-134 Affadavit of Support form. I
made three copies of the filled in I-134 and signed them in front of the notary at my
bank. I sent one copy to my fiance and kept the other two in case anything got lost.

Good luck!