Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Not a PR yet, what if I leave the US?

Wikiposts

Not a PR yet, what if I leave the US?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

colinlieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not a PR yet, what if I leave the US?

OK, here's the thing, my husband might be given the opportunity to get a really good job through his company... in France (my home country), or Canada

What i'd like to know is what that would mean for ME. Right now, i'm about to send more documentation to the OKC office as bona fides of our marriage. Those documents were requested when we had our AOS interview in January. By the time we really know more about this job (a few weeks to a few months), i might be (let's hope) the conditionnal PR i've been waiting to be for so long...

SO, if we leave the country to live, let's say, in France for a few years, does it mean that i will lose my status (i guess i will, since if i don't apply for the removal of the conditional part of the permanent residency, i'll be kind of screwed, right?...) If we intend to come back in the US (and i'm almost sure we will), will we have to start everything all over again?

What if my husband ends up in Canada, what are my chances to get in there, as a French citizen who's not really a French anymore and not an american yet?

Well, as you can tell, i'm sort of confused. Any help would be appreciated.

M.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not a PR yet, what if I leave the US?

Originally posted by colinlieu
OK, here's the thing, my husband might be given the opportunity to get a really good job through his company... in France (my home country), or Canada

What i'd like to know is what that would mean for ME. Right now, i'm about to send more documentation to the OKC office as bona fides of our marriage. Those documents were requested when we had our AOS interview in January. By the time we really know more about this job (a few weeks to a few months), i might be (let's hope) the conditionnal PR i've been waiting to be for so long...

SO, if we leave the country to live, let's say, in France for a few years, does it mean that i will lose my status (i guess i will, since if i don't apply for the removal of the conditional part of the permanent residency, i'll be kind of screwed, right?...) If we intend to come back in the US (and i'm almost sure we will), will we have to start everything all over again?

What if my husband ends up in Canada, what are my chances to get in there, as a French citizen who's not really a French anymore and not an american yet?

Well, as you can tell, i'm sort of confused. Any help would be appreciated.

M.

Hi:

See a lawyer on this one.