Not meeting fiance

Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:31 pm
Who wants cake?

johnjenkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not meeting fiance

Has anyone ever used as a reason for not meeting fiance in past two year health concerns? That is have you ever said that you cant fly half way around the world because of your health.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 5:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not meeting fiance

Originally posted by johnjenkins
Has anyone ever used as a reason for not meeting fiance in past two year health concerns? That is have you ever said that you cant fly half way around the world because of your health.
As far as I know, the only acceptable reason for not meeting a fiancee is based on religious grounds. I don't think health concerns qualify as a reason... after all, your fiancee could fly to see you - if you see what I mean.

Ian
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:15 pm
Who wants cake?

johnjenkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ian-mstm
As far as I know, the only acceptable reason for not meeting a fiancee is based on religious grounds. I don't think health concerns qualify as a reason... after all, your fiancee could fly to see you - if you see what I mean.

Ian
well actually the burden is on the US citizen to go see the fiance the fiance is not required to come to see me and is not required to provide a reason for not coming only I am required to provide a reason.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

well actually the burden is on the US citizen to go see the fiance the fiance is not required to come to see me and is not required to provide a reason for not coming only I am required to provide a reason.
Actually the requirement is to have met. Not who goes where or the location of your meeting.

I believe the the other poster is correct, religious reasons are the only acceptable reasonable for not meeting.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:23 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

But you "meet" if either one of you travels. Why would your fiance not want to travel to visit you? Wouldn't she want to visit the country she plans to spend the rest of her life in? and also the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:25 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScousePete
But you "meet" if either one of you travels. Why would your fiance not want to travel to visit you? Wouldn't she want to visit the country she plans to spend the rest of her life in? and also the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with?
I was just gonna say that!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Overthere is an unknown quantity at this point

Provide a reason to who - each other for not visiting. Sheesh, how can you be engaged for two years and not see each other. I don't believe this post at all.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Lu&Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Overthere
Provide a reason to who - each other for not visiting. Sheesh, how can you be engaged for two years and not see each other. I don't believe this post at all.

Yeah me neither.. how can it be that you`re going to marry someone that you`ve never meet in your whole life???????
Marriage is not a joke ...
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScousePete
Not everyone has the means to travel, financial or otherwise. The "otherwise" includes getting a visa to come here. VWP participants may take travelling to the US for granted, but if his fiance is from non-VWP country, especially for single females, getting that tourist visa is much easier said than done.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally posted by AnnaV
Not everyone has the means to travel, financial or otherwise. The "otherwise" includes getting a visa to come here. VWP participants may take travelling to the US for granted, but if his fiance is from non-VWP country, especially for single females, getting that tourist visa is much easier said than done.
If you don't have the money to travel why would you want to travel to a country when you possibly can't afford to to go home?? All very strange.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AnnaV
The regulations are that you have to have met within the past 2 years. It doesn't say who has to go to who.
If one has no means to visit the other, then how do you want to have the means to pay for the whole darn application process for the visa? And if you haven't met, then how can you be a fiancee?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
The regulations are that you have to have met within the past 2 years. It doesn't say who has to go to who.
If one has no means to visit the other, then how do you want to have the means to pay for the whole darn application process for the visa? And if you haven't met, then how can you be a fiancee?
You can be financially capable without being physically able to travel. I was just pointing out, to those who are incredulous that a fiancee/fiance from a foreign country would not deign to travel to the US where "she plans to spend the rest of her life in" that there are many reasons why that is not possible. Getting a visa is one reason. For those who had to get a tourist visa, you know it's no walk in the park.

As for why they would call each other fiances when they've never met, you should take that up with them. I've seen weirder reasons/excuses for people getting married. If they do want to get married, that's their business. I tihnk the OP merely wanted to ask a simple question. I don't think religion is the only acceptable exception to the meeting requirement, but that is not based on anything besides intuition.

If he wants advice, I would suggest he shell out the $75 or so that is needed to consult an attorney. As everyone has suggested at one point or another, he might try Mr. Udall who also has a website.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

OR ... if shes in a non VWP country and he cant travel the whole way to her, how about meeting in a country half way ?
Either way you really should meet
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jan_michigan
OR ... if shes in a non VWP country and he cant travel the whole way to her, how about meeting in a country half way ?
Either way you really should meet
I agree, the meeting must take place.
I'm just wondering what Physical problem could make traveling impossible.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is that if you plan to try getting the meeting requirement waived, be prepared to show tons of valid backup as to why NEITHER of you can travel anywhere in the world to meet each other. The burden is not only on the USC. The requirement is to have met each other. Who travels where is irrelevant.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.