Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Non-Immigrant Consular Appointments

Wikiposts

Non-Immigrant Consular Appointments

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Wlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really niceWlouch is just really nice
Default Non-Immigrant Consular Appointments

Very quick question. How fast do they go?

Is it a case of first come first served? I have been calling since 8am, since the lines opened this morning, I refuse to wait around for another month before I get to make an appointment.

Thanks

Will
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

adlib222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non-Immigrant Consular Appointments

I am having trouble getting through too I guess it's because they've been telling everyone not to call until June 4th.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wlouch
How fast do they go?
If you're asking how quickly the appointment slots are filled... very quickly.

I refuse to wait around for another month before I get to make an appointment.
Good for you, that's the spirit! Oh... wait... tell me, what do you think your alternative is?

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:38 am
Just Joined

MeJulie1 will become famous soon enoughMeJulie1 will become famous soon enough

Is it a case of first come first served? I have been calling since 8am, since the lines opened this morning, I refuse to wait around for another month before I get to make an appointment.
Well I called about 2 weeks ago to schedule an appointment and was told that there were no available slots and to call back on the 7th June when they might have a new schedule. I called back 3 days later and asked if there were any cancellations, they gave me a list of days for the following week! I received my passport with my visa earlier this week!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Will
pfft. OK! Refuse!
I think you're 12 hours off, but whatever.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

biozfear is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of interest, I don't suppose anyone has actually managed to get through yet have they? I still keep getting the 'we're busy, call back later' message.

I'm still trying though - just be nice to know someone has been successful!

JB
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biozfear
I still keep getting the 'we're busy, call back later' message.
Try calling in the evening... and in the middle of the night. Some people have reported success doing that.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Just in case anyone is waiting - I just got through, earliest appointment is currently middle of next week.

JB
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:04 am
Just Joined

adlib222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

Good to know!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

OK - i have to ask...

How come the fee for making an appointment in the UK is $16 US

and for doing the same thing (which you can do online) in Canada is only $8.40 CAD?

Seems like they are ripping us brits off!

Perhaps if they got their ass in gear they could implement an on-line system for the UK, charge us less, and save a fortune.......!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:55 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

In my opinion, all consulates and embassies should gradually switch to this online appointment system on the Dept of State website: http://evisaforms.state.gov/SchedulingSystem.asp

Scheduling and rescheduling are free of charge.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

I may be being a little cynical here, but I imagine that the £1.20 a minute phone line is working well for them, rather than having to support and maintain a free online service.

I don't know how many times I rang (from work ) trying to get through to them the past few days, but they must have done well out of me!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

I may be being a little cynical here, but I imagine that the £1.20 a minute phone line is working well for them, rather than having to support and maintain a free online service.

I don't know how many times I rang (from work ) trying to get through to them the past few days, but they must have done well out of me!
I'm sure it is working well for them. You could try calling the US number, when you get through you just have to pay 16 USD on your credit card...
Old Jun 8th 2010, 10:59 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Scheduling appointments on the phone is so....last decade. The infrastructure for scheduling online appointments at the Dept of State Website is there, the London Embassy probably just needs some upgrades here and there to get it working for them as well.

But charging callers per minute for scheduling/rescheduling appointments certainly sounds like a good source of earning...
Old Jun 13th 2010, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

Always worth asking for a cancellation. I phoned on wed 2nd June, got an appointment the next day.