NOA1 recieved but nothing after that

Wikiposts

NOA1 recieved but nothing after that

Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:54 am
Just Joined

sailormoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOA1 recieved but nothing after that

Hey guys,

I got my NOA1 in early november with the filing date of nov 2, 2009 and haven't heard anything since then. They weren't even going to send me the NOA1, it was only after I kept emailing that they finally emailed me it. What should I do? I've already emailed several times and got no response.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA1 recieved but nothing after that

What form did you file?

Where did you file it?
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Sorry for not saying it to being with, it was I-130 through the embassy in London for the CR-1.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem a long time, especially since there have been others on here saying that they had a turnaround of about one week just before or after Christmas.

Add to that the fact that they are currently processing I-130 applications they received a month after yours, right now...so you should have had your NOA2 a few weeks ago really.

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html (see processing times notice on right-hand side)

I'd call the [mis]information line, explain the situation, and ask for a code to put in the email subject line so that they will definitely read it, and hopefully respond.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest that you need to reach USCIS London, NOT the visa call center. The page BG just linked shows that is for questions about the "2nd part" of the process, the visa application.

USCIS London's contact info (and a different call center number) are here: http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry Mo, but no.

The page I linked to is for I-130/I-360 processing. It states that clearly on the page (as well as having 'USCIS' plastered all over the page). And another clue is in the URL.... ('http..../i130filing.html'). And the processing onfo states '.....we are processing petitions filed on.....'

Only the last paragraph is about IV processing.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 24th 2010 at 3:07 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help. I'll try what you said BG.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Well the answer I got was "Your I-130 petition is pending and is still being adjudicated by an officer." This is ridiculous, why is mine taking so long?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

It does seem odd.

Unfortunately there's really not much you can do to speed the process along.

It helps to remember that even marriage to a USC doesn't convey any rights to a person whatsoever. So just try and be patient, and don't let it get to you and get mad at anyone....that won't help and can only hinder your cause.

We've all been through the frustrations of dealing with USCIS/DHS.....unfortunately, until you obtain citizenship you just have to put up with them.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 25th 2010 at 2:10 am.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks BG, I realize that the process takes forever. Especially compared to a spousal visa in the uk.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I know....after I got married it took 6 hours for me to get the visa for my wife at a British Consulate....5 months for me to get one to go the other way.

Very annoying.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Sorry Mo, but no.
My post was to point out that the contact number on that page was for the visa processing, not for reaching USCIS.

sailormoon, one explanation for your delay could be that the USC's name got a 'hit' in the IBIS or AWA name checks that are run, and they're waiting for that to clear.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:45 am
Just Joined

sailormoon, one explanation for your delay could be that the USC's name got a 'hit' in the IBIS or AWA name checks that are run, and they're waiting for that to clear.
Thanks Meauxna. What exactly is IBIS and AWA?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sailormoon
Thanks Meauxna. What exactly is IBIS and AWA?
IBIS = Interagency Border Inspection System
AWA = Adam Walsh Act

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Deleted.....misunderstood....apparently....

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jan 25th 2010 at 12:07 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.