Wikiposts

NOA1?

Old Mar 27th 2010, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice
Default NOA1?

Hi all... I think I might has posted this elsewhere... sorry mods if so!
My USC fiancee sent our I129F on monday 15th to the Vermont centre. Having looked at y'alls (see, I'm getting the lingo already ;-) ) timelines, the reciept which I believe is NOA1, should arrive 7 days later.
It'll be 2 weeks on monday for us... should I be worried?
Thanks, B
Old Mar 27th 2010, 3:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA1?

Originally Posted by BenFrancis
Hi all... I think I might has posted this elsewhere... sorry mods if so!
My USC fiancee sent our I129F on monday 15th to the Vermont centre. Having looked at y'alls (see, I'm getting the lingo already ;-) ) timelines, the reciept which I believe is NOA1, should arrive 7 days later.
Thanks, B
No need to be worried. It can sometimes take several weeks to get the NOA1 in the mail.

Rene
Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

BF,

Only about saying "y'all" to the wrong person in the wrong part of the country.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 27th 2010, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
BF,

Only about saying "y'all" to the wrong person in the wrong part of the country.

Regards, JEff
of course Jeff, I should have made it clear that my intended destination is Texas... sorry
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

of course Jeff, I should have made it clear that my intended destination is Texas... sorry
Update - my fiancee has just checked at the cheque (check) hasn't been cashed yet even!
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling :-(
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Update - my fiancee has just checked at the cheque (check) hasn't been cashed yet even!
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling :-(
Did she track the package, to see if it actually arrived and was signed for?

Rene
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did she track the package, to see if it actually arrived and was signed for?

Rene
A little update - having just, literally just, sent a second application pack by UPS to my Fiancee in the states, her check has just gone through. Yep, nigh-on ONE MONTH after it was sent to Vermont... wow! Happy, but very surprised!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

A little update - having just, literally just, sent a second application pack by UPS to my Fiancee in the states, her check has just gone through. Yep, nigh-on ONE MONTH after it was sent to Vermont... wow! Happy, but very surprised!
Our I-129F took an age to be acknowleged as well - we sent ours off in Jan/Feb of 2005 (can't remember exactly) and we didn't get the NOA1 until April, with a case date of April somethingth.

Suffice it to say, it didn't adversely affect the case - it was approved in June and passed to the embassy and I had the interview August 25th, visa in hand the following week
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Our I-129F took an age to be acknowleged as well - we sent ours off in Jan/Feb of 2005 (can't remember exactly) and we didn't get the NOA1 until April, with a case date of April somethingth.

Suffice it to say, it didn't adversely affect the case - it was approved in June and passed to the embassy and I had the interview August 25th, visa in hand the following week
thanks SOS! Mine's dated April 5th... lets hope I'm interviewed in August too!!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:35 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

thanks SOS! Mine's dated April 5th... lets hope I'm interviewed in August too!!
I remember looking at my case status online at the I-129F stage, and I saw the update that the petition had been approved on June 16th. Then about a month or later the forms for the K1 application arrived.

From what I can gather from other posts, it seems to take 6 months or so these days, so maybe August/September might be within a shot for you, if you count the whole month of April.

Either way, it won't be long.