Reload this Page >

NOA and cases dont exist

Wikiposts

NOA and cases dont exist

Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:40 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default NOA and cases dont exist

We recieved NOA1 for AP, EAD, I-130 & I-485 for my husband 4 days ago but when we try to check the case numbers online, we are told the cases do not exist. Has anyone come across this? Also, the case number stamped on the back of our fee check is different from the one printed on the NOA.

Last edited by tshaalan1; Feb 7th 2006 at 2:45 am. Reason: addition
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA and cases dont exist

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
We recieved NOA1 for AP, EAD, I-130 & I-485 for my husband 4 days ago but when we try to check the case numbers online, we are told the cases do not exist. Has anyone come across this?
Yes, it sometimes takes a while for it to enter in their system. Try in a week or two.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:46 am
London 2 Las Vegas

PaulandMel is on a distinguished road

We received NOA1 for AP, EAD, I-130 & I-485 for my husband 4 days ago but when we try to check the case numbers online, we are told the cases do not exist. Has anyone come across this?
I've been looking online for updates on my husband's case, and it's still saying the same thing it's been saying since we Filed in November that our case was received November 22. Yesterday he did receive his appointment for his biometrics in the U.S. mail. We didn't get an email either. I guess they're not updating right now.
Melanie
Old Feb 7th 2006, 2:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, the case number stamped on the back of our fee check is different from the one printed on the NOA.
Yes, I've heard that reported around here as well.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Vegasman
Where are you located and did you apply at a UCIS Service Center or a district office?
I'm just guessing here, but from the items they submitted, they probably sent the package to the Chicago Lockbox.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:40 am
Banned

Vegasman is an unknown quantity at this point

We recieved NOA1 for AP, EAD, I-130 & I-485 for my husband 4 days ago but when we try to check the case numbers online, we are told the cases do not exist. Has anyone come across this? Also, the case number stamped on the back of our fee check is different from the one printed on the NOA.
Where is your location and did you apply through a UCIS Service Center or a district office?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:44 am
Banned

Vegasman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm just guessing here, but from the items they submitted, they probably sent the package to the Chicago Lockbox.

Rene
That is what I am thinking too! But doesn't the lock-box destination then send it back to the office (district) where the person is located?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:57 am
Banned

That is what I am thinking too! But doesn't the lock-box destination then send it back to the office (district) where the person is located?

we sent everything to chicago
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:20 am

Only when the local office has an appointment available for your AOS.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:38 am
it ain't ez bein cheezy

cheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to all

I am a little relieved to read this. I filed a K3 through the lockbox, my check got cashed with a different number stamped on it than my NOA and I also cannot locate my case via online OR by telephone. I received my NOA1 on Jan 31. So maybe it is just stuff going thru Chicago?

I tried calling because I thought since I had 2 diff numbers something got screwed up but I didn't get anywhere.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice

Just got message on the goverment website about being approved. So it does really work and it is being updated.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:25 am
it ain't ez bein cheezy

cheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to allcheezy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bguy1954
Just got message on the goverment website about being approved. So it does really work and it is being updated.
Yes, but was your petition through the Chicago lockbox? I have another petition thru CSC and that one I was able to add to my portfolio online immediately upon receipt of NOA1.

I have found 4 other people online who filed thru Chicago lockbox in the last 3 weeks who are all seeing "no such case exists". 2 of those (incl me) had a diff receipt # stamped on our checks. This is starting to smell like a glitch.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cheezy
Yes, but was your petition through the Chicago lockbox? I have another petition thru CSC and that one I was able to add to my portfolio online immediately upon receipt of NOA1.

I have found 4 other people online who filed thru Chicago lockbox in the last 3 weeks who are all seeing "no such case exists". 2 of those (incl me) had a diff receipt # stamped on our checks. This is starting to smell like a glitch.

I just dont understand what in the world is happening with USCIS. If the NOA receipt numbers are computer generated, then how can they not exist on the on-line system and how can there be a different reciept number stamped on the back of the chashed check.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:58 am

I just dont understand what in the world is happening with USCIS. If the NOA receipt numbers are computer generated, then how can they not exist on the on-line system and how can there be a different reciept number stamped on the back of the chashed check.
I don't know about the difference in receipt numbers between check/NOA, but the on-line system is only as good as the people who update it. The NOA numbers might be computer generated, but I don't think they are automatically put into the system. It sometimes takes weeks before the number and status will show up on-line, and sometimes, never does show up. USCIS, in this particular scenario, can be pretty unreliable.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:26 am
it ain't ez bein cheezy

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know about the difference in receipt numbers between check/NOA, but the on-line system is only as good as the people who update it. The NOA numbers might be computer generated, but I don't think they are automatically put into the system. It sometimes takes weeks before the number and status will show up on-line, and sometimes, never does show up. USCIS, in this particular scenario, can be pretty unreliable.
Rene
Ok, but what about the telephone case status? Does that also take weeks? Has anyone ever heard of calling in and punching in the Receipt number and having it "not found" 10 days after Receipt # generated?

I'm sorry if I seem paranoid, but I think it is quite odd that several people going out of the same location are all having MIA cases...