My question is: What exactly do these dates mean? Does it mean we have
until the 23rd to hear from the Consulate, or does it mean we have until
the 23rd to get the visa?
I see only one small problem at the interview. We may not receive a
Police Certificate (from Australia) before the interview. A request was
sent and it should arrive before the interview, but who knows? My
Fiancée lived there 30 years ago!!
I haven't posted here often, but this group has been a great help. For
all those who "lurk", like I do, keep the faith. It is a long hard process.

Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA "valid from..."

Originally posted by Capt. Tuttle
The notice that our K-1 application is being sent to NVC says "Valid
from 7/23/2003 to 11/23/2003. We are set for an interview at the
Consulate on the 13th. In other words we are at the final step in the
process.
My question is: What exactly do these dates mean? Does it mean we have
until the 23rd to hear from the Consulate, or does it mean we have until
the 23rd to get the visa?
I see only one small problem at the interview. We may not receive a
Police Certificate (from Australia) before the interview. A request was
sent and it should arrive before the interview, but who knows? My
Fiancée lived there 30 years ago!!
I haven't posted here often, but this group has been a great help. For
all those who "lurk", like I do, keep the faith. It is a long hard process.
Hi Captain!

I'm in a similar situation. I realized my fiance's interview would not occur until after the NOA2 expires. My attorney told me not to worry about it...the embassy usually grants an automatic extension if the interview occurs after the expiration of NOA2. I will notify the embassy of that fact, anyway, and we may prepare a letter stating that we are still single, free, and want to marry as originally planned. But it seems your interview is before the expiration of yours, so I wouldn't worry.

I don't know about the police report question....

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:34 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Captain!

I'm in a similar situation. I realized my fiance's interview would not occur until after the NOA2 expires. My attorney told me not to worry about it...the embassy usually grants an automatic extension if the interview occurs after the expiration of NOA2. I will notify the embassy of that fact, anyway, and we may prepare a letter stating that we are still single, free, and want to marry as originally planned. But it seems your interview is before the expiration of yours, so I wouldn't worry.

I don't know about the police report question....

Best Wishes!
Rene
Some Consulates want the request (to tack on more time to the approval notice) to be in writing from the petitioner (and obviously, signed and dated by the petitioner), while some just tack on more time automatically. Its always best (IMHO) to take the safe approach and assume a Consulate will want the written request, and provide that to the international fiancée to have on hand, just in case it is needed.

M.U.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Some Consulates want the request (to tack on more time to the approval notice) to be in writing from the petitioner (and obviously, signed and dated by the petitioner), while some just tack on more time automatically. Its always best (IMHO) to take the safe approach and assume a Consulate will want the written request, and provide that to the international fiancée to have on hand, just in case it is needed.

M.U.
Thanks, Matt

I'll keep that in mind, and will have a written request ready. I still think that bringing such a letter to the interview, after the fact of the NOA2 expiring, is kind of strange. Seems to me you'd want to ask for an extension *before* it actually expires. The NOA2 expires Nov. 11, but I'm sure he won't have an interview date until late December or thereafter.

***feeling more confused each day***
Rene
Old Oct 24th 2003, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Mr. Udall,

Does the same rationale apply to K-3 applicants?

Richard III

Originally posted by Matthew Udall

M.U.