Wikiposts

No notice of action.

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No notice of action.

Originally Posted by SamraLee
We arrived back in Nov, and finally talked to the detective in January. That was on April 5th. And then... that brings me back to now, applying for the visa.
What day in November did you arrive in the US? If you remember, what was the date on his I-94 (must leave the US by)?

There is a lot of misinformation regarding US immigration, for many reasons. If you read the law itself it does not mention arrest without conviction as a reason for inadmissibility.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all

we arrived in on the 20th of November and he was suppose to leave 90 days after, so I guess that makes it Feb. 19th he should have left by and he left on the 5th of April...

-Samra
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:22 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

we arrived in on the 20th of November and he was suppose to leave 90 days after, so I guess that makes it Feb. 19th he should have left by and he left on the 5th of April...
It's possible for the IO to grant a shorter-than-90-days visit and note this on the I-94; but your fiancee was not here more than 180 days in total so cannot have *overstayed* by 180 days. That's good, because it's an automatic three-year ban from the US which cannot be forgiven even upon marriage to a USC.

It's still questionable in my mind whether he's considered to have overstayed AT ALL given that he was in jail and then ordered to appear.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all

I just don't know. I wish I did. I wish there was somewhere I could go to tell me. Anyway... thank you for being kind to me.

-Samra
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of

I just don't know. I wish I did. I wish there was somewhere I could go to tell me. Anyway... thank you for being kind to me.

-Samra

I don't know if they'd be able to tell you for sure, but I'd guess an immigration lawyer would be a good start to get an answer.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

I guess I'll try and make an appointment with the Tuesday Night bar and see if they can help me, if not then I will talk to my fiance and see what he thinks about hiring a lawyer or just even going in for a consultation.

-Samra
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by olliewat
I don't know if they'd be able to tell you for sure, but I'd guess an immigration lawyer would be a good start to get an answer.
There are charities that help.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Well first.. I'm try try the Tuesday night bar . Hopefully they can help me.

-Samra