Wikiposts

No notice of action.

Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all
Default No notice of action.

I sent my I-129F over 9 weeks ago and I still haven't received anything from them. I know it got there, and they also cashed the check. What do I do? Is there a number I can call or do I just sit and wait for months until I receive a letter. I can't stay away from my fiancee for this long, it's so hard. I'm so tired of waiting and I'm so discouraged.

-Samra
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No notice of action.

Originally Posted by SamraLee
What do I do?
You wait.

I can't stay away from my fiancee for this long...
You can visit... your fiancee can visit... what's the problem?

I'm so tired of waiting and I'm so discouraged.
It's only been 9 weeks... it's not like you've been waiting for 8 or 10 months like some people do!

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all

People wait for 10 months just for a letter to say their package has been received and to get the alien registration number, I can't even track my case without the number they have yet to give me, and I'm suppose to wait ten months just for that? No, my fiancee can't visit without a visa, that's why he is getting one... I can't visit him without a visa either, and I don't really want to fly all the way to England, plus there is no point in both of us waiting to get a visa, but if it comes down to it, I guess I'll get a visa to go there, while we are waiting for him to get a visa to come here.

-Samra
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I sent my I-129F over 9 weeks ago and I still haven't received anything from them. I know it got there, and they also cashed the check. What do I do? Is there a number I can call or do I just sit and wait for months until I receive a letter. I can't stay away from my fiancee for this long, it's so hard. I'm so tired of waiting and I'm so discouraged.

-Samra

Normally I would not suggest this but for you I would say to call the 1-800 information number listed on the USCIS website. Find out what has happened. Perhaps you were sent the NOA but it was lost in the mail. They might be able to give you a case number to check your progress online.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No, my fiancee can't visit without a visa, that's why he is getting one... I can't visit him without a visa either, and I don't really want to fly all the way to England, plus there is no point in both of us waiting to get a visa, but if it comes down to it, I guess I'll get a visa to go there, while we are waiting for him to get a visa to come here.
Is your fiance a UK citizen? If so, and he has no criminal past, he can simply come visit you with no visa, for 90 days. If he has some kind of past which prevents him from using the VWP, then yes, he'd have to get a visa...which will be unlikely with him having a K-1 in the works.

As for a visa for you, I also think USC's don't need a visa to visit the UK. You can just go there using your passport and visit.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

He was arrested in the United States, so he can't come without a visa. Last time I visited the UK the man at customs said that I would have to have a visa because I went to the UK for four months and then left for two and came back for another 6 months, and he said it was like I was living in the UK, so that I would need a visa or they would send me back. He said he was going to put it in the computer that I was not to be allowed in without a visa.

-Samra
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He was arrested in the United States, so he can't come without a visa. Last time I visited the UK the man at customs said that I would have to have a visa because I went to the UK for four months and then left for two and came back for another 6 months, and he said it was like I was living in the UK, so that I would need a visa or they would send me back. He said he was going to put it in the computer that I was not to be allowed in without a visa.

-Samra

He was right to do so. You are only entitled to remain in the UK under the VWP for 90 days. You exceeded that amount of time and therefore are not qualified to use the VWP any longer.

Depending on the criminal charges your fiancee incurred in the US, getting a fiancee visa might be very difficult if not impossible without a hardship waiver.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

He was only arrested, he wasn't convicted. He did not commit a crime, he was charged and then the case was dismissed.

-Samra
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

-Samra
OK, that explains things. Thanks for the clarification. I hope the rest of the process is not too long for you, but Rete has a good point about possibly needing a waiver. Just something to be ready for, if it happens.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

-Samra
Have you looked on the back of your payment instrument for a case number?
Some people have been able to register their case online at uscis.gov with this number and find out that they still have months to wait for their petition approval.
If it's not good enough for us to tell you so, that is.

Even if you HAD a receipt or case number, you would still just sit and wait for months until you receive a letter (of approval).

This is just how it works.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
He was right to do so. You are only entitled to remain in the UK under the VWP for 90 days. You exceeded that amount of time and therefore are not qualified to use the VWP any longer.

Depending on the criminal charges your fiancee incurred in the US, getting a fiancee visa might be very difficult if not impossible without a hardship waiver.
Are you sure it's 90 days? I thought a US citizen could visit the UK for up to 6 months?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:04 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills
Are you sure it's 90 days? I thought a US citizen could visit the UK for up to 6 months?
Yes, they can. Those coming on the VWP to the States are limited to 90 days, but those visiting the UK on the VWP are limited to 6 months.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:09 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Yes, they can. Those coming on the VWP to the States are limited to 90 days, but those visiting the UK on the VWP are limited to 6 months.

~ Jenney

TY Jenney and Mick ... I learned something new there. Not that I would want to remain in the UK for 6 months, but good to know for future reference.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I knew it was six months, which is why I stayed exactly six months . I guess I'jm going to try and call that number today. Thanks for your help.

-Samra
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:21 am
Concierge

Yes, I knew it was six months, which is why I stayed exactly six months . I guess I'jm going to try and call that number today. Thanks for your help.

-Samra
While it is six months, in the UK, as in the US, the agent at the POE has the right to determine if you can enter and if so, for how long. Apparently this agent used his powers to make the determination that you were using the VWP to live in the UK which to most people would seem the case. This determination can be made after you had only been there one week, left and then returned two weeks later for just one week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.