Default No name on Birth Certificate for I-485

Hi,

I got my birth certificate but it does not have my name on it. It has
both my parents name and my date of bith. Is it valid for I-485
submission.?

Thanks,

Old May 21st 2004, 3:07 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No name on Birth Certificate for I-485

Originally posted by Loyosewe
Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,
How in the hell can a birth cert NOT have a name?????????
Of course it will not be valid (IMO)- it's not a "fill in the blank" type document usually!
Old May 21st 2004, 5:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,

What did you use for your H1B?
Old May 21st 2004, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,
That makes no sense to me at all. How the hell can a birth certificate not list the name of the child??? I would say the answer is 'No' it's not valid for the I-485. Are you the US citizen by any chance?
Old May 21st 2004, 7:23 am
Just Joined

raghav_rules is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
That makes no sense to me at all. How the hell can a birth certificate not list the name of the child??? I would say the answer is 'No' it's not valid for the I-485. Are you the US citizen by any chance?
Ofcourse it makes sense....In some cultures u dont name the child before they are born so they dont have a name till the naming ceremony........It is not that unusal but I dont know how that works for I-485 maybe u should contact a lawyer.....
Old May 21st 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,

My husband was born in Ohio and when he applied for his birth certificate a few years ago so we could get married.... his only said "Baby" for his first name and then his last name since his mother hadn't named him yet when they left the hospital.

e.g. Baby Smith

So he had to take some form to a Notary Public to get it certified then they sent him his birth certificate with his first name included... so it's not that far fetched... and this was USA.

No need to jump down the poor guys throat....
Old May 21st 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by Susie
My husband was born in Ohio and when he applied for his birth certificate a few years ago so we could get married.... his only said "Baby" for his first name and then his last name since his mother hadn't named him yet when they left the hospital.

e.g. Baby Smith

So he had to take some form to a Notary Public to get it certified then they sent him his birth certificate with his first name included... so it's not that far fetched... and this was USA.

No need to jump down the poor guys throat....
I think what your husband had was the hospital certificate not the official birth certicate surely? The hospital doesn't issue a official birth certificate and it's not issued on the day you are born. You have to register a birth after the baby is born - which is when you have to name them.
Old May 21st 2004, 9:32 am
Loyosewe

I am from india and and there names are not established immediately,
but within few months of birth, the birth certificate is created at
the time of birth.

H1B does not requires birth certificate.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Thanks

sunflwrgrl13 <member16206@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Loyosewe
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I got my birth
    > certificate but it does not have my name on it. It has
    > > both my parents
    > name and my date of bith. Is it valid for I-485
    > > submission.?
    > >
    > >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > That makes no sense to me at all. How the hell can a
    > birth certificate not list the name of the child??? I would say the
    > answer is 'No' it's not valid for the I-485. Are you the US citizen by
    > any chance?

Old May 25th 2004, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AlisonPA
I think what your husband had was the hospital certificate not the official birth certicate surely? The hospital doesn't issue a official birth certificate and it's not issued on the day you are born. You have to register a birth after the baby is born - which is when you have to name them.

No it was definitely his birth certificate... I spoke with the lady who sent the proper forms. I guess they did things different back then.
Old May 25th 2004, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert, but I would still think that this would not be acceptable for the I-485. Once parents name a child, don't they have to send in documentation to update the birth certificate with the child's name? Is there a birth certificate created later, with the name your parents give you?

I'm trying to remember what the instructions state for the I-485. Can you substitute a copy of you passport for the birth certificate? Or is there any other documentation existing proving that you are the child of your parents and the date you were born?

I am from india and and there names are not established immediately,
but within few months of birth, the birth certificate is created at
the time of birth.

H1B does not requires birth certificate.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Thanks
Old May 25th 2004, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,
You can get a sworn affadavit or some kind of document that is notarized. It should work.
Old May 25th 2004, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

submission.?

Thanks,
I am sure a notarized or sworn affadavit would work. I know of some cases where USC sponsor their parents from certain countries like INDIA & Pakistan. People born before the partition have or had no birth certificates. In such a case, you get an affadavit from two people or rather witnesses who are 18 and up to get an affadavit that they know the person and the person has the same name or is the case person, whatever be the case. It works with the BCIS, but, I do not know what country your child was born in. You can try to get the same and you as the mother or father can get a swarn statement and get it notarized.