Reload this Page >

no appointments in juarez

Wikiposts

no appointments in juarez

Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

cmstrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no appointments in juarez

the consulate in juarez has received eduardo's fingerprints now, but they are saying they will send an appointment letter in 45 days to us...

they said they do not have any more appointments available until that time

i don't understand this b/c i thought appointments weren't needed for fiance visas in juarez

if there is anyone reading this that had a fiance supply fingerprints in juarez i would be interested in hearing whether or not your second appointment was an open one or if you received a specific date and approximately how long it took from the submission of prints to the second interview

thanks!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:31 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: no appointments in juarez

Originally posted by cmstrick
the consulate in juarez has received eduardo's fingerprints now, but they are saying they will send an appointment letter in 45 days to us...

they said they do not have any more appointments available until that time

i don't understand this b/c i thought appointments weren't needed for fiance visas in juarez

if there is anyone reading this that had a fiance supply fingerprints in juarez i would be interested in hearing whether or not your second appointment was an open one or if you received a specific date and approximately how long it took from the submission of prints to the second interview

thanks!

juarez has a very suspect way of handling things imho...

our "interview" was nothing other than coming up to a window in the middle of the crowds and holler through a hole the answers to what we thought were routine inquiries. only after finishing we realised that had been it. so that would give the idea that interviews happen right then and there on an ongoing basis.

however when i was asking about alternate ways to deal with my daughter's k2 problem, i was told that appointments for bringing her to the states as an immediate relative of a usc would take over 2 years.

so how come some interviews happen then and there and some take 2 years? or 45 days like your case?

i am in the dark on this...
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bequibar
juarez has a very suspect way of handling things imho...

our "interview" was nothing other than coming up to a window in the middle of the crowds and holler through a hole the answers to what we thought were routine inquiries. only after finishing we realised that had been it. so that would give the idea that interviews happen right then and there on an ongoing basis.

however when i was asking about alternate ways to deal with my daughter's k2 problem, i was told that appointments for bringing her to the states as an immediate relative of a usc would take over 2 years.

so how come some interviews happen then and there and some take 2 years? or 45 days like your case?

i am in the dark on this...
hi Becs!

the consulate just emailed me and said they changed their process and all K and V visas are now required to have appointments...

my guess is the difference in the timelines 45 days vs 2 years is that the K1 is not an immigrant visa, but it is a non-immigrant visa that allows someone to wait in the US while their status changes...

the K2 is actually an immigrant visa so you have to wait for the allottment of those to come up before going back for the interview...

but now i'm really confused b/c how would you and your daughter ever have been able to come into the US together if you already had your K1 with only 6 months to enter and she has to wait 2 years to interview...that hardly seems fair!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:41 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by cmstrick
hi Becs!

the consulate just emailed me and said they changed their process and all K and V visas are now required to have appointments...

my guess is the difference in the timelines 45 days vs 2 years is that the K1 is not an immigrant visa, but it is a non-immigrant visa that allows someone to wait in the US while their status changes...

the K2 is actually an immigrant visa so you have to wait for the allottment of those to come up before going back for the interview...

but now i'm really confused b/c how would you and your daughter ever have been able to come into the US together if you already had your K1 with only 6 months to enter and she has to wait 2 years to interview...that hardly seems fair!
hey cindy

oh i see, the immigrant visa vs the non-immigrant visa thing makes sense....

no, actually, she got her k2 good for 6 months as well, so she's coming over in a few weeks. we were just trying to see alternate ways of bringing her over because the original plan was to have her come over next summer, not this winter.

i was mistaken and i thought her k2 visa would be good for a year, not 6 months, so when i saw its expiration date i was in shock.
they said they could not grant an extension or a re-issuing of the same visa, so the only other option was to let it expire and bring her over as an immediate relative of a usc.
that process was the one which would've taken 2 years to get an appointment for. so we decided to forget about that and just bring her over this xmas...

but so then, you won't get an appointment until the end of january?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

The K-1 and the K-2 are the same. fuzzy class. Non-immigrant visas used for immigrant purposes. Maybe the consular officer was factoring in the possible wait for the I-130 petition for the immigrant visa for an immediate relative of a USC. 2 years with a slow service center might not be far off the mark, but the consulate would not be the one responsible for most of the holdup.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bequibar
hey cindy

oh i see, the immigrant visa vs the non-immigrant visa thing makes sense....

no, actually, she got her k2 good for 6 months as well, so she's coming over in a few weeks. we were just trying to see alternate ways of bringing her over because the original plan was to have her come over next summer, not this winter.

i was mistaken and i thought her k2 visa would be good for a year, not 6 months, so when i saw its expiration date i was in shock.
they said they could not grant an extension or a re-issuing of the same visa, so the only other option was to let it expire and bring her over as an immediate relative of a usc.
that process was the one which would've taken 2 years to get an appointment for. so we decided to forget about that and just bring her over this xmas...

but so then, you won't get an appointment until the end of january?
who knows when the appointment would be...the latest string of ever changing answers from the consulate is that we will receive another "appointment" letter in 45 days....

we do know we will have to wait for an appointment letter, but we have received several responses:

1. we will be given an appointment sometime in March 04
2. we could be given an open appointment or a specific appointment
3. we will receive an appointment letter in 45 days
4. the process has changed and all K and V visas have to have a specific appointment....this one perplexes me the most b/c we were just there for an open appointment 3 weeks ago...and if the process has really changed they haven't updated their website...

so, i guess i really can't say anything other than we just have to wait some more
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:28 am
foxy little minx

Originally posted by Pallyn
The K-1 and the K-2 are the same. fuzzy class. Non-immigrant visas used for immigrant purposes. Maybe the consular officer was factoring in the possible wait for the I-130 petition for the immigrant visa for an immediate relative of a USC. 2 years with a slow service center might not be far off the mark, but the consulate would not be the one responsible for most of the holdup.

actually, i cannot remember the exact wording but they did make it clear the 2 yr waiting period was for an appointment to open up at the consulate for an interview. that the process with the service center was another story...
anyway, it's water under the bridge, we are no longer considering going that route.