Reload this Page >

No AOS interview notice after 4months USCIS processing time

Wikiposts

No AOS interview notice after 4months USCIS processing time

Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No AOS interview notice after 4months USCIS processing time

I filed for AOS in September 2004 and USCIS processing date shows AOS processing date of Jan1 2005. That is more than 30days and still no information from USCIS.

I called cust service and complained and was told an enquiry will be made on my behalf and should call back if no correspondence from USCIS in 30days. Its almost 30days and still no contacts.

I dont how much longer I need to wait and I have seen several people who filed after me in the Houston local service center received their green card.

I am kind of worried of what the issue is.

I am married to a US LPR and came here on a V1 visa feb 2002.

Thanks
foley
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No AOS interview notice after 4months USCIS processing time

Originally Posted by foley
I filed for AOS in September 2004 and USCIS processing date shows AOS processing date of Jan1 2005. That is more than 30days and still no information from USCIS.

I called cust service and complained and was told an enquiry will be made on my behalf and should call back if no correspondence from USCIS in 30days. Its almost 30days and still no contacts.

I dont how much longer I need to wait and I have seen several people who filed after me in the Houston local service center received their green card.

Thanks
foley
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you're married to a US Citizen, the wait is much longer than those posted. The posted processing is for Adjustment of Status based on marriage to a US Citizen. You're only married to someone who is a Permanent Resident. I believe the wait for that processing is much, much longer.

I hope I'm wrong...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Rene
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am kind of worried of what the issue is. I am married to a US LPR and came here on a V1 visa feb 2002.
I suspect your marriage to an LPR is the issue! You will likely be waiting many years!

Ian
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Thanks
foley
u fall under
Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, and the unmarried sons and daughters (regardless of age) of lawful permanent residents and their children.

where the waiting time is double more than the first preference!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 1:10 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: No AOS interview notice after 4months USCIS processing time

From my experience the Processing dates are just when they opened the file. My AOS Interview was some 4 months after the processing date shown on line - they do a lot of the processing in batches and wait for it all to come back. You can always make an Infopass appointment, and go up to your processing center for an update.. they can usually give you an approximate timeline.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you're married to a US Citizen, the wait is much longer than those posted. The posted processing is for Adjustment of Status based on marriage to a US Citizen. You're only married to someone who is a Permanent Resident. I believe the wait for that processing is much, much longer.

I hope I'm wrong...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Rene
Rene:

He does not give his FB-2A priority date -- he can't even file for AOS until that date is current. Assuming a current priority date at time of filing of the AOS, the application should take the same amount of time as an immediate relative.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point

My priority date has since passed(Nov 16 1999) and my visa number is far past current. I have also applied for I485 and have done fingerprinting(biometrics).I have all the paperwork including my medical.

My first NOA1 receipt was dated sept 13 2004. so I know for sure that the processing date is far passed my NOA. yet no interview date or any form of correspondence whatsoever after I received my NOA1.

I called cust serv line and was told an enquiry will be made and that I have to wait 30days before I can contact them again.

we are having a baby next month...hopefully that will bring the much expected joy for my family.

foley

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Rene:

He does not give his FB-2A priority date -- he can't even file for AOS until that date is current. Assuming a current priority date at time of filing of the AOS, the application should take the same amount of time as an immediate relative.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The timelines jump back and forward. I believe they just put the date of the file they are then working on, which may or may not be in sequence.

I have seen people get them in a couple of months when others at the same office have been waiting a year plus.

Just the way it is.

Your only option is what you have done, I think if anything comes of it, it is just coincidental.