Wikiposts

NIV 27a

Old Jan 30th 2004, 2:52 am
Just Joined

oopssorry34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIV 27a

Hi all,

Off for our interview at the Embassy on Wednesday, our attorney has sent all relevant documentation. Does anyone know what the NIV 27a form has to be filled out for? Also can this be downloaded off of the internet or can it be hand-written?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIV 27a

Originally posted by oopssorry34
Hi all,

Off for our interview at the Embassy on Wednesday, our attorney has sent all relevant documentation. Does anyone know what the NIV 27a form has to be filled out for? Also can this be downloaded off of the internet or can it be hand-written?

Thanks!
Additional Visa Application Documents
For the purposes of additional security in the screening of visa applicants, the embassy now requires several additional forms this year for the J-1 visa application - the DS-157, DS-158 and NIV 27a forms

I though the DS-157 had replaced it ...must be wrong

Last edited by ray6; Jan 30th 2004 at 8:01 am.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
Additional Visa Application Documents
For the purposes of additional security in the screening of visa applicants, the embassy now requires several additional forms this year for the J-1 visa application - the DS-157, DS-158 and NIV 27a forms

I though the DS-157 had replaced it ...must be wrong
Hi Ray, thanks for your reply, I've also read on the web that the DS-157 had replaced the NIV 27a, and that the DS-157 is only for males aged between 16-45. Still our attorney has said myself and my three children have to fill the form in. I presume they know what they're talking about! (I hope!)
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oopssorry34
Hi Ray, thanks for your reply, I've also read on the web that the DS-157 had replaced the NIV 27a, and that the DS-157 is only for males aged between 16-45. Still our attorney has said myself and my three children have to fill the form in. I presume they know what they're talking about! (I hope!)
An extra form if wrong they can throw away.. A missing form is a problem
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
An extra form if wrong they can throw away.. A missing form is a problem
Very true Ray!