Wikiposts

Nijas HELP - items included and not included in interview paket

Old Mar 20th 2004, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nijas HELP - items included and not included in interview paket

Need some direction here all Nijas

Hi ya'll
Question here is directed to those who've already recieved the pkt 3&4 togethere from embassy and have passed the interview or headed there very shortly.

J has his packet and they have included the following:
a) form 156 duplicate
b) form 156K
c) letter to police for the report
d) letter for the medical
time of interview is 0700 on 16 April

However, the letter mentions that he should also have a document 157 and 130 but they are not included in the packet itself. Question---is this something they have omitted? and should he go to the embassy to make inquiries? or can it be downloaded from the internet and go with him to the interview? or is it a necessary item at all? if so, why was it not included i wonder?

Secondly, does he need to send anything back prior to the interview as it was not clearly directed for him to do so?. I mean, does the 2pgks (#3&4) arriving together mean that he just need to bring all the requiremnts with him to the interview and NOT return anything before hand?

I understand some embassies send the pkgs separately and the fiance has to return #3 before he/she can get #4 but such is not in the case of lagos i suppose.

Your prompt reply is appreciated as he'll be headed to Lagos on Monday and wants to go prepared to make necessary inquiries.

Oseme, it would be nice if Sunny and J could meet up don't you think? although w/o knowing what the other looks like it may be kinda difficult.

thanks in advance all responses.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nijas HELP - items included and not included in interview paket

Hi Nkem,
The Packet should have the DS-157 for male applicants and the I-134 to be filled out by you here in the US. The forms can be downloaded from the internet rather than spend the day at the Consulate in the waiting line. It is not uncommon to have things missing from the packets.
He doesn't have to send anything back to the Consulate before the interview like at other Consulates and Embassies, it is all done at once, unless it has changed recently and I don't think it has.

Remi and Jeff

Originally posted by nkem4ever

Hi ya'll
Question here is directed to those who've already recieved the pkt 3&4 togethere from embassy and have passed the interview or headed there very shortly.

a) form 156 duplicate
b) form 156K

However, the letter mentions that he should also have a document 157 and 130 but they are not included in the packet itself. Question---is this something they have omitted? and should he go to the embassy to make inquiries? or can it be downloaded from the internet and go with him to the interview? or is it a necessary item at all? if so, why was it not included i wonder?

Secondly, does he need to send anything back prior to the interview as it was not clearly directed for him to do so?. I mean, does the 2pgks (#3&4) arriving together mean that he just need to bring all the requiremnts with him to the interview and NOT return anything before hand?

I understand some embassies send the pkgs separately and the fiance has to return #3 before he/she can get #4 but such is not in the case of lagos i suppose.

Your prompt reply is appreciated as he'll be headed to Lagos on Monday and wants to go prepared to make necessary inquiries.

Oseme, it would be nice if Sunny and J could meet up don't you think? although w/o knowing what the other looks like it may be kinda difficult.

Old Mar 20th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JeffB
Hi Nkem,
The Packet should have the DS-157 for male applicants and the I-134 to be filled out by you here in the US. The forms can be downloaded from the internet rather than spend the day at the Consulate in the waiting line. It is not uncommon to have things missing from the packets.
He doesn't have to send anything back to the Consulate before the interview like at other Consulates and Embassies, it is all done at once, unless it has changed recently and I don't think it has.

Remi and Jeff

In my hasty typing I mistyped - the other missing form should be 230 bio data form not 130. And ok, i already have a completed & notarised 134 that i'm bringing along with me when i travel. So the 157 he can download, that's great and he'll do just that i'm sure. Not uncommon for forms to be missing, what's up with that? anywho so long as he has them all for the interview is all that matters.

thanks again JeffB, did you get the other email i sent to your box regarding the update on tax transcripts?
Old Mar 20th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nkem4ever

Hi ya'll

a) form 156 duplicate
b) form 156K

does J have a cell phone? They could exchange numbers.. I'll send sunny's number to your email. Just have j call him and introduce himself and give details etc... sunny won't mind at all.
Oseme.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

[However, the letter mentions that he should also have a document 157 and 230 but they are not included in the packet itself. Question---is this something they have omitted? and should he go to the embassy to make inquiries? or can it be downloaded from the internet and go with him to the interview? or is it a necessary item at all? if so, why was it not included i wonder?

Correction: We had poor telephone reception last night and Nkem could't catch all i said. It happens sometimes with lines here.

I said in other posting here info on webpages I used to read DS 230 and DS 157, but in my package, nothing of this two were mentioned. So I wanted to know if the consulate mistakenly omitted those or whether it was deliberate and meaning that i don't need to fill them?

However, I will be in Lagos this evening and will make pre-interview enquiry at consulate tomorrow Monday and will also pursue the police report and visit the hospital for meds at the addresses written therein.

Cheers all.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

DS157 form here:

http://travel.state.gov/DS-0157.pdf
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
DS157 form here:

http://travel.state.gov/DS-0157.pdf

Thanks all and like JeffB said,it is not uncommon for the embassy to ommit something in the package,so I take it like that.

I already have the DS 157 downloaded since January and has been practicing filling all of the forms.

Will take all completed to the interview.

I have to complete and sign DS 156 right? but not to sign the DS 156k right?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:16 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Thanks all and like JeffB said,it is not uncommon for the embassy to ommit something in the package,so I take it like that.

I already have the DS 157 downloaded since January and has been practicing filling all of the forms.

Will take all completed to the interview.

I have to complete and sign DS 156 right? but not to sign the DS 156k right?
The DS-156 and 156K must be signed at the interview
Good Luck!!!