Nigerian Consulate Appointment

Wikiposts

Nigerian Consulate Appointment

Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:49 am
Just Joined

vade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nigerian Consulate Appointment

Hello,
My name is Victor and I have been following this thread for a while. It is nice to see people like "DaGeek" and others who are willing to share their Lagos consulate experience.
The K3 petition for my wife in Nigeria was recently approved.
I am trying to know the procedure for setting appointment date. Can I request appointment through email?
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:06 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nigerian Consulate Appointment

Originally posted by vade
Hello,
My name is Victor and I have been following this thread for a while. It is nice to see people like "DaGeek" and others who are willing to share their Lagos consulate experience.
I am trying to know the procedure for setting appointment date. Can I request appointment through email?
Hi Vade,

Yes, there's definitely many of us here who have or have had significant others going through V.I. namely myself, DaGeek, Cathese, Ruthann, and several others.

Since my beloved came on a K-1 fiance, I can't give you any info on the K3 process. Ruthann and you seem to be in the same boat so-to-speak, so you may do well to communicate with her for your inquiries since she may have gone a bit further in the process than you are.

All the best to you.

Regards, Omo
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:52 am
Agf10

No, you can not set an appointment by e-mail at Lagos consulate.
Send a copy of k3 approval notice to your wife in Nigeria. She will then has to
go to the consulate with this copy of k3 approval notice. If she is lucky she
will be able to pick up the forms and other relevant information she will need
to get prepared for the interview. Otherwise, she has to keep going back until
they attend to her.
Then the interview will be scheduled for few months --- usually 2 to 4 months
after she pick up the packet at the consulate.
Make sure you and your wife have sufficient evidence to show them at consulate.
I'm talking from experience, my then fiance came to the US with k-1 visa issued
at Lagos consulate.
I don't think k3 is that much different as far as showing them enough evidence.
so you need to prepare your wife very well before she go for the interview.
Good luck.

Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Omo,

Thank you for your response!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Hi Victor,
COngrats on your approval! We haven't received our second notice of action yet. What was your timeline?

Anyway AGf10 is right. What you need to do now is find out when the NVC will be sending your file to Nigeria.

Once you have confirmation that it's been sent wait a week then start emailing the embassy in Nigeria to see if they have received it.

Once they confirm they have received it, print a copy of your approval notice and have your wife take it to the embassy in Lagos.

At that point she should be given her packet and an interview date.

Again I think AGf10 is correct when stating prepare to wait 2 to 4 months from the time she picks up the packet until her scheduled interview.

Do you plan to be in Nigeria on her interview date?

If I missed anything I'm sure the Pro's on the NG will let you know..

Where in Nigeria is your wife? My husband is in Abuja.

Blessings,
Ruthann
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Ruthann,
Thanks for the information. Mine has been a long haul.

Married Feburary 2003 In Nigeria
Filed I130 May 15 2003 TSC
Visit My wife Nov-Dec
Filed K3 Chicago Nov 18 2003
Approved Feburary 2 2004

My wife lives in Ibadan. I pray yours is approved soon! I know how it feels to have ones spouse away. I visited her in Nov/Dec and I will be there for the interview to give her any support that is need.
Yours should be approved soon! They are moving fast now....

Regards
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthann,
Thanks for the information. Mine has been a long haul.

Married Feburary 2003 In Nigeria
Filed I130 May 15 2003 TSC
Visit My wife Nov-Dec
Filed K3 Chicago Nov 18 2003
Approved Feburary 2 2004

My wife lives in Ibadan. I pray yours is approved soon! I know how it feels to have ones spouse away. I visited her in Nov/Dec and I will be there for the interview to give her any support that is need.
Yours should be approved soon! They are moving fast now....

Regards
Hi,
My 1st NOA is Nov 21st. So I pray from your mouth to God's ear! Please keep me posted on the process. I'll do the same. I'm dying to know her interview date. No Wahala!
Blessings,
Ruthann
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by omo
Hi Vade,

Yes, there's definitely many of us here who have or have had significant others going through V.I. namely myself, DaGeek, Cathese, Ruthann, and several others.

Since my beloved came on a K-1 fiance, I can't give you any info on the K3 process. Ruthann and you seem to be in the same boat so-to-speak, so you may do well to communicate with her for your inquiries since she may have gone a bit further in the process than you are.

All the best to you.

Regards, Omo
Hi OMO,

I would like you to share some experience your fiance underwent during his interview at the Lagos emb. My fiance will soon have his interview in April. in same place. Hope to read from you soon.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:31 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Hi there Vade!!

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The procedure to get an interview date is USUALLY as it follows:
Once MSC/NBC (Missouri Service Center/National Benefit Center) approves your case, it is forwarded to NVC (National visa center), then from there it goes to the consulate abroad, once the consulate receives the approved case, they send out packet 3 to the beneficiary, The beneficiary returns packet 3, the embassy receives it and schedules an interview at the earliest possible date. Note that I went thru Madrid (Spain) and things varies from one consulate to another
When did you get the approval?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Hi JJ&ST,

I noticed that your appointment was confirmed via email. How did you request it?
K1 and K3 is basically the same thing except documentary requirement.
We both use the same 129F forms.
Anyway, I am just interested in knowing, how you requested the interview.
Regards
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:39 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again

Most immigration petitions are initiated by a close relative or an employer in the United States. The petition is filed with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. All final interviews and approvals are done at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos. After initial approval, applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate in Lagos about documentation requirements and how to schedule the final interview. Required medical examinations for immigrant visas are conducted only in Lagos and only by doctors certified by the U.S. Consulate there..

It looks like your wife needs to wait for the embassy to contact her.
For more info visit:
http://abuja.usembassy.gov/wwwhcoim.html

Hope that helps!!

Take care and Good luck!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Timeline
-I-130 TSC
-I-129 MSC/NBC:NOA1 11/18/03
-I-129 MSC: NOA2 2/2/04 (online)
-2/4/04 NOA2 (mail)
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:49 am

Timeline
-I-130 TSC
-I-129 MSC/NBC:NOA1 11/18/03
-I-129 MSC: NOA2 2/2/04 (online)
-2/4/04 NOA2 (mail)
Thanks!!!
Old Feb 15th 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by omo
Hi Vade,

All the best to you.

Regards, Omo
Hi Omo,

Maybe i was just lucky? After two emails and unsuccessful phone calls, I got an email reply from the consulate,stating that packet #3 is on post to my fiance address and we were scheduled for interview on April 16!! The content of my email to them was to expedite postage of packet #3 and schedule interview. I think they did it up to April 16, so that he can get the packet b4 then!!

Moreover,I have posted(fast post) this email copy and approval notice to my fiance to go to the embassy and pick it up himself. Waiting for news from that end.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi Omo,

Maybe i was just lucky? After two emails and unsuccessful phone calls, I got an email reply from the consulate,stating that packet #3 is on post to my fiance address and we were scheduled for interview on April 16!! The content of my email to them was to expedite postage of packet #3 and schedule interview. I think they did it up to April 16, so that he can get the packet b4 then!!

Moreover,I have posted(fast post) this email copy and approval notice to my fiance to go to the embassy and pick it up himself. Waiting for news from that end.
I was just wondering... I thought packet 3 and 4 are together now?? oh and DaGeek and Jeff swear that you shouldn't wait for the packet to arrive by post but to go and physically pick it up...Please correct me if I'm wrong on either point guys...

Ruthann

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.