Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Newspaper article about Said and I

Wikiposts

Newspaper article about Said and I

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:35 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newspaper article about Said and I

Originally posted by Richard III
Hypertweeky -

Unfortunately, no, I am not kidding. The cheapest was over $2,500 and that was a milk run that stopped three times before it got to Denver. Actually, it was $5,500 for economy, it was over $7,000 for first class - sorry. Don't they get there at ABOUT the same time??? The deal was that we were trying to get tickets for BEFORE Christmas and it just wasn't in the cards. They will be here before the Russian Orthodox Christmas, however - it's January 7th. ;^)

Richard III
Outrageous, I hope I can fly for a lot cheaper !!!
Cant find anything a little cheaper?? awww I am so sorry Richard!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies!
I hope that you and your sweeties will all be together very soon as well.
Although I know the road still holds plenty of bumps, at least we'll be together- not 5,000 miles apart. It'll be easier and sweeter to be able to hold his hand while we go through the difficult times, as well as the fantastique times!
I'm just so excited that he's finally arriving!!

I find it rather amusing every time my newspaper guy calls...I ask him if it's a slow news week. He just chuckles and says that no, people have really called up and asked about where our story has gone (since the first article in July) and he tells me that this sort of stuff interests people.

Odd thing...after the first article was written, I received a letter in the mail (I'm not unlisted) from an anonymous woman who included an article about how Arabic (Muslim) men treat women. It was a rather disturbing article cut out of a "Christian" magazine. I did not like receiving it and never did tell Said about it. I just threw it away. So, although some people may be interested about our story, others don't like it.

Anyhow......thanks again for all the replies and congratulationses. You guys are so wonderful

Blessed holidays...
~k
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:33 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Odd thing...after the first article was written, I received a letter in the mail (I'm not unlisted) from an anonymous woman who included an article about how Arabic (Muslim) men treat women. It was a rather disturbing article cut out of a "Christian" magazine. I did not like receiving it and never did tell Said about it. I just threw it away. So, although some people may be interested about our story, others don't like it.
Some people just can't handle other people's happiness.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 9:37 am
Mrraveltay

Steffi wrote:
    > Originally posted by Mrraveltay
    >
    >
    >>Stupid reporters.........
    >
    >
    >>"Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services -- a branch of the
    >>INS."
    >
    >
    > I know, they are sooooo out of date. It's the "USCIS (U.S. Citizenship
    > and Immigration Services)" now - kepp up with it people.

Either way, there is no more INS for CIS to be part of.

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 10:09 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Odd thing...after the first article was written, I received a letter in the mail (I'm not unlisted) from an anonymous woman
~k
Of course the cow had to send it anonymously. She wanted to force her beliefs on you, but did not wish to afford you the same opportunity.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 10:11 am
Michael D. Young

saidsgirl wrote:

> http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROO...yN22NETLOVE.h-
    > tm
    > My ever vigilant newspaper guy, who keeps calling me every 2 weeks to
    > find out the status, has written an update article about our visa in the
    > Florida Today paper today.

Tell newspaper guy that USCIS is not part of INS and there is no more INS.

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Leslie -

Sniff...sniff... I think I just caught a whiff of a fundamentalist Christian who was trying to save Kristine's soul from everlasting HELLFIRE. Don't you know that everyone who doesn't believe EXACTLY as they do is DOOMED?? ;^). Excuse me while I run for the exit.

Richard III

Originally posted by Leslie66
Of course the cow had to send it anonymously. She wanted to force her beliefs on you, but did not wish to afford you the same opportunity.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Hypertweeky -

As it happens, I was able to get tickets for the 26th for closer to $1,200 each - BIG difference. We can spend that difference on a second honeymoon ;^).

Richard III

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Outrageous, I hope I can fly for a lot cheaper !!!
Cant find anything a little cheaper?? awww I am so sorry Richard!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

This is such great news!!!! Im so happy for the both of you!
So sweet, he is in the news before he even gets here
I wish you two the best and many many happy times together.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 2:41 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN22NETLOVE.htm

My ever vigilant newspaper guy, who keeps calling me every 2 weeks to find out the status, has written an update article about our visa in the Florida Today paper today.

He wants to take photos at the airport when Said arrives!! OH MY!!!

Peace everyone,
~kristine
Kristine,

I remember the other newspaper article back in the summer, and after all your delays and problems, it is fantastic to know you two are finally almost there together! Congratulations!

Debbie
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Very cool, Kristine!

Don't suppose your intrepid reporter would like to do a story about my saga????

Send us a link with the arrival story so we can see all the photos!

Happy Holidays,

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN22NETLOVE.htm

My ever vigilant newspaper guy, who keeps calling me every 2 weeks to find out the status, has written an update article about our visa in the Florida Today paper today.

He wants to take photos at the airport when Said arrives!! OH MY!!!

Peace everyone,
~kristine
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 5:24 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija
Very cool, Kristine!

Don't suppose your intrepid reporter would like to do a story about my saga????

Send us a link with the arrival story so we can see all the photos!

Happy Holidays,
Perhaps he should expand it to cover various US women wishing to marry Arabian/Persian/Moorish men... and the HELL you have all been put through. I know three or four here that could fill a whole page with horror stories, eh?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Ain't that the truth!!! Anyone know a reporter who'd be interested???

Enjoy your good fortune Richard & Kristine!!! I'm so happy for you two being reunited with your honies.

My DH will be sending the package with our evidence to the Consulate tomorrow so they'll have it on Sunday (they're closed Thursday - Saturday for the holiday and weekend). Given that next week is the same sort of schedule, I doubt anyone, including the ConOff will give it serious scrutiny until after the 5th.

So, being practical, it looks like we're more likely to have Valentine's Day as goal for reunited vs. the end of January. I had hoped he could meet me in Paris on my way back from Vienna on 1/28 but, I'd have to almost book all that now (I'm using a combo of frequent flier miles and paid ticket on Air France) to guarantee seats. Seeing as I'm not booking anything until the visa is actually in his hands, 1/28 is looking pretty dim at the moment. Another Christmas, New Years and, worst of all, another wedding anniversary (1/15) without him!

Still, February is not that far off. I'll just have to keep praying hard.

If anyone knows that intrepid, fearless reporter...send him our way. You're right! There are several of us who've been put through the ringer just because...
Originally posted by ironporer
Perhaps he should expand it to cover various US women wishing to marry Arabian/Persian/Moorish men... and the HELL you have all been put through. I know three or four here that could fill a whole page with horror stories, eh?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm willing to join in the group for a reporter's coverage! In fact, I might just look into it here in Phoenix. We have a pretty high population of Persians here, so it might be of interest locally. If I do, I'll send him your way, too, Patty! :-)

As long as we're giving a brief update here, Sadegh will be sending me his signed DS form, photocopy of his birth certificate and translation (finally accepted by Ankara!) tomorrow, if the translations are done. Unfortunately, that means I won't get it until the 29th, and then with New Year's, I'm looking at January 5th as a send-off date to Ankara with everything from P3. This has gotten so delayed due to unforseen circumstances - it's insane! Now I'm hoping for an early February interview, and an arrival to the states in March.

Best Wishes to Everyone!
Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 8:00 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Richard III
Hypertweeky -

As it happens, I was able to get tickets for the 26th for closer to $1,200 each - BIG difference. We can spend that difference on a second honeymoon ;^).

Richard III
Yeah true, I am glad you found that "deal".
Take care!!