Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Newspaper article about Said and I

Wikiposts

Newspaper article about Said and I

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Newspaper article about Said and I

Maybe an article would have been cool after the fact, but I don't remember feeling like I needed a newspaper crew when my husband came through. My neighbors actually drove me to the airport, I was so shaky. I am really sure that his vote would have been no, as well.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:02 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it counts for anything but I'd love to see a pic of you two at the airport.

It is a once in a lifetime chance and you may regret not taking it. I use Air France all the time and find they are the cheapest. The have a bad rep for lost luggage and delays though. I lost my luggage for 5 days on my last trip to Boston. I'm not using them when I move in case they lose the cats! :scared:
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:06 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
I use Air France all the time and find they are the cheapest. The have a bad rep for lost luggage and delays though. I lost my luggage for 5 days on my last trip to Boston. I'm not using them when I move in case they lose the cats! :scared:
At least you got it back! My sister flew AirBerlin and they lost her luggage and she never got it back.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Woow that s great and sweet!!!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Kristine -

I had the same problem, I couldn't (read WOULDN'T) pay over $7,000 PER SEAT, so my wife and stepdaughter are flying in on the 26th - still beats our updated deadline. The important thing is to be in the Class of 2003! ;^).

Richard III

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Actually, he couldn't get a flight for this week...the prices were through the roof! And most were not even available. So, we're waiting one more week and he should be arriving Dec. 31. He's getting the ticket today, so I'll know more later.

This is actually the second article in our little "series" An "update article", if you will. The first one was in the paper around the 4th of July. The reporter wants to do the airport, but I don't know if I might feel totally stupid and it might make Said feel uncomfortable. We'll see......
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:17 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN22NETLOVE.htm

My ever vigilant newspaper guy, who keeps calling me every 2 weeks to find out the status, has written an update article about our visa in the Florida Today paper today.

He wants to take photos at the airport when Said arrives!! OH MY!!!

Peace everyone,
~kristine
Wow!!!!

How cool is that??
You and your husband to be are famous!!!
I didnt know he got his visa!! Wooooo wooooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yay!! What a happy day!!

Enjoy because you two deserve it!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Kristine -

CUTE article. I live in a small town too and I enjoy the human interest articles that come along with small town living.

Richard III

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN22NETLOVE.htm

My ever vigilant newspaper guy, who keeps calling me every 2 weeks to find out the status, has written an update article about our visa in the Florida Today paper today.

He wants to take photos at the airport when Said arrives!! OH MY!!!

Peace everyone,
~kristine
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:03 am
Mrraveltay

saidsgirl wrote:

> http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROO...yN22NETLOVE.h-
    > tm
    >

Stupid reporters.........
"Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services -- a branch of the INS."

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Richard III
Kristine -

I had the same problem, I couldn't (read WOULDN'T) pay over $7,000 PER SEAT, so my wife and stepdaughter are flying in on the 26th - still beats our updated deadline. The important thing is to be in the Class of 2003! ;^).

Richard III

Quit your gloating Richard!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kristine!

That's very cool that your story is out there. Can I have your autograph? :-) And, about the airport photo thing...I think if it is just one report taking one or two pictures, I wouldn't mind, and I'm pretty sure Sadegh wouldn't mind, either.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:09 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Richard III
Kristine -

Richard III
7,000 :scared: :scared: You are kidding right??
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Leslie -

Sorry, that was terribly insensitive of me and SO out of character ;^).

Richard III

Originally posted by Leslie66
Quit your gloating Richard!!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:21 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrraveltay
Stupid reporters.........
"Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services -- a branch of the INS."
I know, they are sooooo out of date. It's the "USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services)" now - kepp up with it people.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Thanks for sharing that Kristine, how sweet!

So yours was another piece of good news that happened on the 18 December 2003 - that day should go down in the history of this NG - got to be one of the busiest days surely for good news, Packet 3's arriving, Interview dates given, visas issued etc.

Wishing Said a safe trip to the USA and a wonderful tearfest for you both at the airport!

Not long now!
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hypertweeky -

Unfortunately, no, I am not kidding. The cheapest was over $2,500 and that was a milk run that stopped three times before it got to Denver. Actually, it was $5,500 for economy, it was over $7,000 for first class - sorry. Don't they get there at ABOUT the same time??? The deal was that we were trying to get tickets for BEFORE Christmas and it just wasn't in the cards. They will be here before the Russian Orthodox Christmas, however - it's January 7th. ;^)

Richard III

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
7,000 :scared: :scared: You are kidding right??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.