Newbie saying hi & que on police checks

Wikiposts

Newbie saying hi & que on police checks

Old Mar 19th 2004, 1:56 am
Just Joined

antx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie saying hi & que on police checks

Hi all

Just joined this board today and wow what a wealth of info.

I am hopefully going to be USA bound from the UK,to be with the woman of my dreams.

I have done a search regarding police checks,but couldn't find anything to possibly point me in the right direction.

This may well be unusual to you all but if anybody has been in my position can they help ?

Basically I was employed by the MOD UK to work in Cyprus for 3 years, as a civilian on the Episkopi SBA, but moved off base to stay in the village of Erimi while there for over 2 years.

Can someone point me in the direction besides UK police checks which I've aplied for, as to whom I need contact for my Cyprus years 1995 - 1998, or as I was employed by the MOD if I will be covered for that period with my UK police checks.

Thanks all
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie saying hi & que on police checks

I'm going to point you to your first "must" read of the day. The root post at the top of this forum under my name. It is a wealth of information. If you had checked there first, you would have seen:

http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html

Hope you find a quick and easy answer to your question there.

Rete

Originally posted by antx
Hi all

Just joined this board today and wow what a wealth of info.

I am hopefully going to be USA bound from the UK,to be with the woman of my dreams.

I have done a search regarding police checks,but couldn't find anything to possibly point me in the right direction.

This may well be unusual to you all but if anybody has been in my position can they help ?

Basically I was employed by the MOD UK to work in Cyprus for 3 years, as a civilian on the Episkopi SBA, but moved off base to stay in the village of Erimi while there for over 2 years.

Can someone point me in the direction besides UK police checks which I've aplied for, as to whom I need contact for my Cyprus years 1995 - 1998, or as I was employed by the MOD if I will be covered for that period with my UK police checks.

Thanks all
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete
I'm going to point you to your first "must" read of the day. The root post at the top of this forum under my name. It is a wealth of information. If you had checked there first, you would have seen:

http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html

Hope you find a quick and easy answer to your question there.

Rete
Thanks for that insight it was helpful in giving me a starting point.

All I need to know now is who qualifies as an authorising person to certify photo's for Cypriot request.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by antx
Thanks for that insight it was helpful in giving me a starting point.

All I need to know now is who qualifies as an authorising person to certify photo's for Cypriot request.
Not sure what you mean by the last bit. While there is a wealth of information here, it's all provided by users who have done or are going thrugh the visa process. In over 2 years here, I've never seen anyone who identified themselves as an MOD employee, so you may not find a corresponding answer. If you had been in the Royal Navy, I could answer you from my personal experience, for example.
Fortunately for you, the Consulate in your country is communicative and uses email. For such a specific request as yours, I recommend contacting them, as you are likely to get "all" kinds of answers here. Additionally, you can contact the US Consulate in Cyprus if you determine that you need a certificate from Cyprus. The Embassy/Consular web pages also often contain helpful information (hint: London's site is great).
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by meauxna
Not sure what you mean by the last bit. While there is a wealth of information here, it's all provided by users who have done or are going thrugh the visa process. In over 2 years here, I've never seen anyone who identified themselves as an MOD employee, so you may not find a corresponding answer. If you had been in the Royal Navy, I could answer you from my personal experience, for example.
Fortunately for you, the Consulate in your country is communicative and uses email. For such a specific request as yours, I recommend contacting them, as you are likely to get "all" kinds of answers here. Additionally, you can contact the US Consulate in Cyprus if you determine that you need a certificate from Cyprus. The Embassy/Consular web pages also often contain helpful information (hint: London's site is great).
To accompany request for police check they require 2 passport photographs certified to say they are of you by an authoritive person.

Also by MOD employee I was a civilian comm's engineer who was employed by the army to work alongside the signals soldiers.
I stayed on base for a small period of time but as a civilian, I was allowed to move off base and stay in rented accomodation.Therefore I recon I need clearance not just by SBA police but also the cypriot police.