Wikiposts

Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Lucy NY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hi - i ahve been looking for a decent forum such as this for ages and now I have finally found one

I have just submitted my I129f forms ( well the fiance has) so we are finally embarking on this long journey. I have been reading through posts and see that roughly it can take 9-12 months, any tips on how you prepare for that other than lots of patience?! I hate being apart from the one you love because of paperwork :-(

We have been thinking about this for ages now and finally agreed to go ahead and get the paperwork rolling and I can not wait to move over to the states. We have agreed not to go through an attorney as we thought we would try ourselves first. Is it just the beneficiary that has the interview in their own country or does the petitioner also have one?

I just hope we have supplied enough details for approval.....and so the waiting begins

Thanks

Lucy
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by Lucy NY
I have been reading through posts and see that roughly it can take 9-12 months,
Hi and welcome! You must have been reading old posts, because if you are going through London, it's taking about 6 - 8 months for a K-1 process.

Is it just the beneficiary that has the interview in their own country or does the petitioner also have one?
There is no in-person interview for the petitioner. The beneficiary has to have an in-person interview in order to get the visa, in their own country.

Good luck with your case.

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi and welcome! You must have been reading old posts, because if you are going through London, it's taking about 6 - 8 months for a K-1 process.

There is no in-person interview for the petitioner. The beneficiary has to have an in-person interview in order to get the visa, in their own country.

Good luck with your case.

Rene
Thanks, thats what I thought about interviews but thought Id better check. So glad to see people going through the same process as was starting to feel totally alone!!

And great news about the waiting times but not holding out much hope
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What you read the links at the start of the forum for the K-1 Visa and/or the wiki here?

You can d/l the forms you will need to complete prior to your interview at the US Consulate in London from their website. You'll need a long form birth certificate, police clearance, a medical with a panel doctor assigned by the USCIS in London, any court records if you have a criminal history, or military records if you have served, etc. You can get all of this going before the I-129F is approved. And your fiancee in NY can get the I-134 Affidavit of Support going for your interview as well. That can be d/l at www.uscis.gov
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
What you read the links at the start of the forum for the K-1 Visa and/or the wiki here?

You can d/l the forms you will need to complete prior to your interview at the US Consulate in London from their website. You'll need a long form birth certificate, police clearance, a medical with a panel doctor assigned by the USCIS in London, any court records if you have a criminal history, or military records if you have served, etc. You can get all of this going before the I-129F is approved. And your fiancee in NY can get the I-134 Affidavit of Support going for your interview as well. That can be d/l at www.uscis.gov
Yes looked at the wiki pages here and in general on the net, there comes a point when you read it all so much you become exhausted with it but i understand how it works. I must admit this takes the focus away from the wedding! Esp with the new house, all way too much! But it will be worth it.

I think I will get started on the forms as soon as they approve it, this way it will be a few months before I actually get to interview stage and I want to be ready to send those forms back ASAP after approval and they send me the packet