Reload this Page >

New York City AOS Interview

Wikiposts

New York City AOS Interview

Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Osric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New York City AOS Interview

At long last, I finally got my date for May 2, 2005!!! Only 41 months from receipt date to interview!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York City AOS Interview

Flippin' heck...

Congratulations!

Is your interview downtown or in Garden City?

Originally Posted by Osric
At long last, I finally got my date for May 2, 2005!!! Only 41 months from receipt date to interview!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

manhattanmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

Just wondering if the medical exam needed to be repeated?

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Flippin' heck...

Congratulations!

Is your interview downtown or in Garden City?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manhattanmoon
Congratulations!

Just wondering if the medical exam needed to be repeated?

Downtown. The interview notice just says to bring a medical if not submitted earlier, but I'm going to redo it anyways. No use waiting four years only to get held up by something that small. What a relief... I had really given up all hope.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Visitor is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, thats a long wait. That must be a record!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice

Osric,

Really - WOW, what a wait... did you try to do anything at all to speed things up?!

As for medical... I submitted mine along with my application. Now I am torn between getting nothing, or just vaccination supplement or full medical all over. I really want to tell them to shove it if they ask for one...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amadeus
Osric,

Really - WOW, what a wait... did you try to do anything at all to speed things up?!

As for medical... I submitted mine along with my application. Now I am torn between getting nothing, or just vaccination supplement or full medical all over. I really want to tell them to shove it if they ask for one...
I tried everything, from hiring an attorney to endless letter writing and phone calls to senators/reps and eventually the ombudsperson. My file was messed up from step one after sending the I-130, 131, 485, 765 all to NYC. I got one of those old yellow cash register receipts from nyc, I got a denial of AP from Nebraska, approval of 130 from Vermont, and then a notice my file was transfered to Missouri. In just the past 2 months, I got responses from Senator Schumer's inquiry, stating the file was in Missouri still waiting further "upfront" processing, and a response from the ombudsman saying my file was in NYC and they placed an inquiry there. Out of the blue, I got the interview notice... and while I'd like to think it was due to my impassioned plea for help (or threat to go down to Florida and wash up on a raft), it seems they recently processed a lot of old files.

I'd always love to tell them to shove it, but for a $20 copayment I can get my doctor to redo the medical form. Just not worth risking not having it come interview day... I never want to see 26 Federal Plaza again. I think I should be eligible for citizenship in another 6 months
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice

I think I should be eligible for citizenship in another 6 months
I hope you do realize that your clock for citizenship hasn't even started ticking... It's 5 years from the day of being granted PR or , if your application based on marriage, 3 years from the same date if you're still married to the same USC.
Same is true for me...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

I tried everything, from hiring an attorney to endless letter writing and phone calls to senators/reps and eventually the ombudsperson. My file was messed up from step one after sending the I-130, 131, 485, 765 all to NYC. I got one of those old yellow cash register receipts from nyc, I got a denial of AP from Nebraska, approval of 130 from Vermont, and then a notice my file was transfered to Missouri. In just the past 2 months, I got responses from Senator Schumer's inquiry, stating the file was in Missouri still waiting further "upfront" processing, and a response from the ombudsman saying my file was in NYC and they placed an inquiry there. Out of the blue, I got the interview notice... and while I'd like to think it was due to my impassioned plea for help (or threat to go down to Florida and wash up on a raft), it seems they recently processed a lot of old files.

I'd always love to tell them to shove it, but for a $20 copayment I can get my doctor to redo the medical form. Just not worth risking not having it come interview day... I never want to see 26 Federal Plaza again. I think I should be eligible for citizenship in another 6 months
I am not sure about the citizenship thing, you need PR approval in order to start counting.......
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ndori
I am not sure about the citizenship thing, you need PR approval in order to start counting.......
Yeah.. I was kidding about that. After May 2nd hopefully I can forget about Federal Plaza for a few years.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.. I was kidding about that. After May 2nd hopefully I can forget about Federal Plaza for a few years.

Ten if you don't want to naturalize

However, I'm concerned that your security check is lapsed and that you should have it done again. Anyway you can get Mr. Schumer's office to get you another biometrics appointment for security clearance? Or perhaps just try the 1-800 number for it.