British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   New requirement for medical in London - May 2017 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/new-requirement-medical-london-may-2017-a-896358/)

elizabethsmum May 5th 2017 11:49 am

New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Hi I have just booked my medical and have received an email with a new requirement which has not been added to the website yet, I have copied it below but its now a requirement that you have to take along a medical summary....

7. Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website. We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment. Ask your GP for a Patient Summary

UKC90 May 5th 2017 12:28 pm

re: New requirement for medical in London - May 2017

Thanks for this! I assume this is in addition to the full medical records?

elizabethsmum May 5th 2017 12:37 pm

No they do not need your full medical records just a summary.

viitav May 5th 2017 1:25 pm

Thats ridiculous lol..

I literally have nothing to summerise lol..

Looking online your summery care record includes medicines you are taking and any allergies you may have.

It doesn't show anything else?

https://digital.nhs.uk/summary-care-records

hungryhorace May 5th 2017 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum (Post 12245611)
7. Summary of medical history from GP (NOT full medical records) and reports covering any medical conditions, disabilities, and prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. This is a new requirement and may not yet be added to the checklist online or the US EMBASSY LONDON website. We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of the appointment. Ask your GP for a Patient Summary

So ridiculous.

elizabethsmum May 5th 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah I'm not too sure, I've called my drs and asked for what they have requested as well as sending them an email showing exactly what they have asked for, I'll see what they say but it appears if you don't have it your medical will be put on hold?

viitav May 5th 2017 2:56 pm

You can walk into your surgery and they will print it off for you. Its basically one sheet of paper stating any medical issues you have or medicine you take. It's used for when overseas etc and hospitals/doctors can't access your full medical history.

I don't have any medical history as I never really go to the doctors lol.. Just when I had my baby thats it.

elizabethsmum May 5th 2017 4:02 pm

Just to update the gp surgery just called and they have printed the summary, no charge ready to collect.

Kelly

KK85 May 5th 2017 8:14 pm

This is good to know. Thank you, elizabethsmum.

Brownie87 May 6th 2017 10:18 am

Thanks for the information. Did they say how recent the summary needs to be?
We're at the NVC stage, so not sure if I should just wait a bit.

elizabethsmum May 6th 2017 10:38 am

No they didn't, I'm sure it has to be a recent print out though?

Brownie87 May 6th 2017 11:10 am

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum (Post 12246305)
No they didn't, I'm sure it has to be a recent print out though?

Yes probably. I guess I'll just wait until nearer the time. I just like having everything ready, lol. Thanks. :)

ivanidea May 8th 2017 11:45 am

I had no summary when I went for my medical last month (CR1). The only document I had from my Doctor's surgery was my vaccination list.

Nothing was said when I handed my documents over, and the doctor just asked a few questions checking if I had mumps, chicken pox, measles, rubella. The doctor did explain that they were more concerned about TB (hence the chest X-Ray).

viitav May 8th 2017 11:55 am

The whole chest X Ray sounds scary LOL.. I had a vaccination against TB as a kid which prob doesn't mean anything by now but I certainly don't have any chest issues. Just seems a little OTT.

It's funny how when my husband came over here on a spouse visa from the US he didn't have to do any medicals but for the other way around we do..

ivanidea May 8th 2017 11:59 am

Being a tech guy, I had a chat with the person who did the x-ray (no film used).

It was explained that the x-ray would be sent off (along with the blood and urine samples) to be seen by the relevant experts, and returned to the doctors within 4 days.

When I turned up at the embassy for the interview, I was given the CD with my x-ray on it. Not much to see, at least to my untrained eye. My wife is happy to know that I've a heart, although I think she would've preferred it if I had 2 :D (Doctor Who fan).