Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New member w/Questions (K3 related for wife/daughter)

New member w/Questions (K3 related for wife/daughter)

Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (K3/K4 related for wife/daughter)...

Hello group,

Paul's the name here and I'm a US citizen from Texas. My wife and daughter are from UK and are planning on moving here to TX in late October this year. (We were married in Dec 2001 in UK). We've gone the K3/K4 route and have rec'd first I-797 "receipt notice" from MSC on 24 May 2002 and waiting final approval.

Does anyone have updates on processing dates now w/MSC? I tried automated and same response as usual.

In addition, is it possible to begin advance paperwork processing by my wife in England through US Embassy in London??? Contacts/suggestions would be most appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

Paul E

Last edited by Paul E; Aug 28th 2002 at 12:21 am.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 6:56 am
Marc Sil

Default Re: New member w/Questions (K3 related for wife/daughter)

>Does anyone have updates on processing dates now w/MSC? I tried automated and same
    >response as usual.

I am aware (From another website) of someone whose petition went in on April 26 and
he got the message today that it was approved. Regretfully you can not assume that
an approved petition from one month before yours means that yours will be approved in
a month. It sems like they are moving at about one week of petitions per month since
June. Hopefully there will soon be some speed up of the process.

Old Aug 20th 2002, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info Marc. I'll update you and the group when I get some sort of notification.

Originally posted by Marc Sil:
    >Does anyone have updates on processing dates now w/MSC? I tried automated and same
    >response as usual.

I am aware (From another website) of someone whose petition went in on April 26 and
he got the message today that it was approved. Regretfully you can not assume that
an approved petition from one month before yours means that yours will be approved in
a month. It sems like they are moving at about one week of petitions per month since
June. Hopefully there will soon be some speed up of the process.
Old Aug 28th 2002, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Paul E:
Thanks for the info Marc. I'll update you and the group when I get some sort of notification.
Update...trying to open provisional file in London.

My wife is sending letter to London Embassy to attempt to open provisional file there before final I-797 receipt (I-129F) from MSC.

Timeline...initial Notice of Action (I-129f) notice date 23 May 2002. Don't know how many days that is, but too many...lol.

Will advise if able to open file. Best of luck to everyone else in the same or similar boat

Paul