Reload this Page >

New member and looking for advice and guidance

Wikiposts

New member and looking for advice and guidance

Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:10 am
silkthreads

Default New member and looking for advice and guidance

Hi,

I'm a new member and I'm looking for some advice. I hope someone will be able to help me.

I live in the UK and my partner lives in the US. QWith a view to marriage, we are looking for guidance in what seems to be a complicated process.,

Firstly, I hold a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Combined Health Studies. The degree focused on a variety of health issues, these being addressed primarily through the study of three major areas, physiology, psychology and sociology/social policy. I'm due to begin a Post Graduate Certificate in Further Education which would enable me to teach. The course starts in January 2005 and completion date is January 2006.. At the end of study I'm hoping to re-locate to the US but I have a few questions. I'm not sure about the qualification equivalence in the US. Would I be able to teach over there with this qualification.? Also what career opportunites would be available to me with the degree alone and not the PGCE?

The other problem I have is complex. I have two children, 10 and 16 and they're excited about the prospect of living in the US. I was never married to their father but a new law billed through parliament (parental responsibility) means that if he applied he could prevent me from taking the children out of the country. He would only apply if it meant that he could keep me here in the UK, not because of any interest in the children. I am willing to make arrangements concerning visitation but this worries me slightly. I'm not sure how this would work out. I have to consider selling my home amongst other things and I'm not sure where to start with the process of getting things moving. Any advice would be appreciated. Can someone clarify the K1 and K3 visa process? Sorry for all the questions. Its good to know I can come here for support and advice and I'm hoping to get to know you all better.

Old Mar 21st 2004, 3:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member and looking for advice and guidance

For the K-1 or K-3 questions go to
http://www.visajourney.com/

You may be required to provide documented proof/evidence of the father giving permission for the children to leave the country

Your UK qualification may not be accepted by employers here
you may have to get them evaluated by an evaluation company such as http://www.wes.org/