Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Medical Info for AOS Applicants

Wikiposts

New Medical Info for AOS Applicants

Old Sep 26th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Medical Info for AOS Applicants

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements.
Many people need the I-693 instead of the DS-20whatever (Vaccination Worksheet from k1 medical examination) because
they need further vaccinations, such as: HPV Gardisal, because they arent routinely available in the UK

You cannot "update" your vaccination worksheet from your k1 medical examination so you need to get any vaccines needed from inside the US from any doctor/nurse that provides it, get proof of it, then take that and the worksheet with a I-693 to your USCIS doctor of choice to get it transcribed which then has the doctors surgery stamp and signature, this gets sent with the AOS package.

Last edited by PepsiChic; Sep 26th 2009 at 6:31 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Many people need the I-693 instead of the DS-20whatever (Vaccination Worksheet from k1 medical examination) because
they need further vaccinations, such as: HPV Gardisal, because they arent routinely available in the UK

You cannot "update" your vaccination worksheet from your k1 medical examination so you need to get any vaccines needed from inside the US from any doctor/nurse that provides it, get proof of it, then take that and the worksheet with a I-693 to your USCIS doctor of choice to get it transcribed which then has the doctors surgery stamp and signature, this gets sent with the AOS package.
I am assuming that when you say doctor's stamp and signature you mean that section 5 is completed and signed off? I found a civil surgeon who said they would transcribe the vaccines for $25, seemed to be familiar with the form etc when I called but when I got there today to get it done they told me they can fill out the vaccine page but they would not complete section 5 (the surgeons certification). They said they would complete that only if I had another physical or I'd need to go back to the place that I had my medical to get them to complete the I-693, which I explained is not possible!

I should not have to have another medical as I had one in London, but having read the wording on that section I can kinda see why they don't want to sign it but presumably this is standard practice? Has anyone had any issues similar to this?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:11 am
Account Closed

SusanPai is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to Limited Availability I-693 May Be Accepted Without Flu Vaccine Until March 31, 2010

CDC informed USCIS that the availability of the seasonal influenza (flu) vaccine varies both geographically and temporally. Based on CDC's information, Form I-693 may be accepted without the seasonal flu vaccine if the conditions specified in this update are met.

CDC Issues Final Notice on Criteria for Vaccination Requirements for US Immigration Purposes, Ends HPV Vaccine Requirement

One commenter urged CDC to direct the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency (USCIS) to suspend the HPV vaccination requirement for immigrants applying to adjust their immigration status or obtain visas for the United States. Response: HHS/CDC has no authority to direct component agencies within DHS to take action. However, HHS/CDC has determined that the HPV vaccine does not meet the necessary elements of the proposed criteria and will no longer be required for immigration purposes once the criteria become effective (30 days after publication of this notice). [Federal Register: November 13, 2009 (Volume 74, Number 218)][Notices][Page 58634-58638] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Re the Flu Vaccine - I take it this just applied to those within the age groups that require the flu vaccine? I'm 26 so I don't think I fall into that bracket (certainly wasn't mentioned at my London medical and the civil surgeon I saw here said it wasn't on the list, but did enquire if I had it as she would have put it down, but she said it wasn't required).

Just recently submitted all my AOS stuff so just want to make sure I'm not gonna get a RFE for a flu vaccine because the civil surgeon didn't write anything specific to it on my I-693??

The age brackets for the flu vaccine listed on that article you have linked to differ from what I remember when I was at my medicle and I hadn't realised they'd changed it.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Re the Flu Vaccine - I take it this just applied to those within the age groups that require the flu vaccine? I'm 26 so I don't think I fall into that bracket (certainly wasn't mentioned at my London medical and the civil surgeon I saw here said it wasn't on the list, but did enquire if I had it as she would have put it down, but she said it wasn't required).

Just recently submitted all my AOS stuff so just want to make sure I'm not gonna get a RFE for a flu vaccine because the civil surgeon didn't write anything specific to it on my I-693??

The age brackets for the flu vaccine listed on that article you have linked to differ from what I remember when I was at my medicle and I hadn't realised they'd changed it.
Call the Civil Surgeon who did your I-693. They should be able to answer your questions. Good luck.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:20 am
Account Closed

December 14, 2009 - CDC and HHS update Medical Examination Instructions to Civil Surgeons.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:06 am
Just Joined

farrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moxie
Yes, the original signed DS3025 is in the brown envelope. You get a copy for your personal records or in case you need to get more shots in the US. The civil surgeon can transcribe (copy) the records from the DS3025 and add on any more you got in the US to produce one document containing all the info.

Concerning the I-693, what I was explaining earlier....every shot needed for AOS was already done and dusted on the DS3025. We didn't want to pay a Civil Surgeon money to copy a list already filled out by US govt approved doctor (Panel Physician-Knightsbridge) with nothing new to add. So we sent the DS 3025 instead and got no RFE, no interview, and a green card. If you have shots to get in the US, then yes you need the Civil Surgeon to put everything on one form I-693.
hi I have just got my k1 visa to go to the USA. I am just checking the things I will need for adjustment of status and see they want the DS3025. One person says its in the brown envelope. Now my brown envelope is sealed is it ok to break the seal and get it out or does the whole brown envelope have to be sent?

Just interested in what other people did, this part is quite confusing.

Thanks

Paul
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do NOT open the brown 'Do Not Open' envelope.

You should have received a copy of DS3025 at the medical appointment.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

I dont have a form DS3025 from medical in London. The US embassy gave me two brown envelopes one that says dont open which is the main stuff for the government and they gave me a brown envelope that is sealed but from the knightsbridge medical doctors and I was told that had my xray's in it but I am wondering if my DS3025 is in there as well.

Or does the DS3025 go directly to the government with the original medical examination stuff in that DONT OPEN brown envelope. Cause the way I am reading the instructions is that Form I-693 only needs to be done if applicable. And the instructions say

"If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon."

So mine was hopefully included in the original overseas medical examination report, so no need to do anything at this stage as long as I apply for AOS before a year is up on the overseas medical.

what do you reckon? any one know?

Last edited by farrow; Feb 24th 2010 at 12:14 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farrow
I am wondering if my DS3025 is in there as well.
Probably, but there's no way to know unless you open it... which you should NOT do.

"If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon."
So it's not a problem then. If the DS-3025 isn't in the package, then when you apply to adjust your status, you'll get the vaccination supplement at that time.

Ian
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:07 am
Just Joined

yes but if its not in there I wont know until I have applied. Then I guess they will write back to me and all this time is ticking away. Hopefully they wouldnt deport me because AOS is in process and had been before the 90 days is up.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

how long ago did you have the medical at knightsbridge? did you have any vaccines from your GP instead of knightsbridge?

Knightsbridge dont keep your medical records, everything gets put in the DO NOT OPEN brown envelope with the rest of your K1 stuff. However if you just recently had your medical exam, you may want to give knightsbridge a call and see if you can get a copy of your DS-3025.

Otherwise, get a copy of your vaccination history from your GP, and if you have any receipts from knightsbridge for the vaccines you had there, you may be able to get your GP to update your vaccine history on his database and get a print out of that. which you can then use to get a copy of the I-693 to send with your AOS.

Another option might be when you get to the POE. you hand over the brown envelope and data gets entered into the system. You could ask the POE officer if he could make a photocopy of the DS-3025 for you and explain to him you need it to adjust status after you are married and that you never recieved a copy from the doctor. He/she MAY be kind enough to do this for you.

I wouldnt recommend doing the AOS without the I-693 parts that you need (should be parts 1, vaccine chart and doctors signature). to get this you need proof of your vaccination history. which is what the Ds-3025 is for. but like i said, a vaccine history print out from your own GP might be enough if it contains all the data.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:32 am
Just Joined

thanks guys. Because I was so confused what I did was actually ring the medical peeps in Knightsbridge and they said to me that I should have got the copy of the vaccines from them with my receipt but I am dead certain I didnt. They told me that it isnt in the envelope with the xrays but it may be like you say in the embassy envelope.

I said what do I do and they said they could send me a copy of it but would have to get my records out of their basement. The lady said she would do it sometime next week so fingers crossed she will find them.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farrow
thanks guys. Because I was so confused what I did was actually ring the medical peeps in Knightsbridge and they said to me that I should have got the copy of the vaccines from them with my receipt but I am dead certain I didnt. They told me that it isnt in the envelope with the xrays but it may be like you say in the embassy envelope.

I said what do I do and they said they could send me a copy of it but would have to get my records out of their basement. The lady said she would do it sometime next week so fingers crossed she will find them.
sigh.
You are speaking in circles... there are TWO copies of DS3025 under discussion.

The one, official one, is in your brown envelope, and it gets sent to DHS when you arrive.

The other one is a copy of that report that you were supposed to ask for and get at the medical appointment. It would not be in any envelope. You would use that for your AOS application after arrival+marriage.

What you need to do next is look at the instructions for AOS to see what medical information you must include as a K-1 and do the best you can with it. It may be accepted as is, or DHS may request more information from you (which you can deal with at that time).

Hopefully luck smiles on you and Knightsbridge turns up another copy of your vaccine record from the immigration medcial. I've never heard of them offering before!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:54 am
Just Joined

SIGH exactly its so confusing. And if you dont ask you dont get hence why I thought I would ask them for it. Will let you know how I get on. I am pretty sure they didnt give it to me.

Thanks

Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.