New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: p****d off

Originally Posted by stephiefrank
I am on day 175 since I got my biometrics done. Cant wait until Monday when my 180 is up and I can call and find out whats happening. My temp EAD was denied due to "unresolved issues" not quite sure what that means and when i asked the "nice" INS lady if she could tell me so that perhaps they could be unresolvede she told me that they were only doing me a favour if the gave me a Temp EAD and apparently they didnt want to extend that courtesy to me. I know what it is like trying to pay the bills, my USC hubby is a full time student and works at a local restaurant to pay our bills, not leaving much room for fun. GOD BLESS CREDIT CARDS!!!

Steph, I would be on some politician'a doorstep asking about this, and I think you may well need to be. I am afraid you might have fallen into the crack here and I am also afraid they will put you off again. Remember the squeaking wheel gets the grease. I can understand that they wouldn't grant you an EAD IF there are "unresolved issues" (what a vague term that is), BUT since you can get an interim one, good for up to 8 months, they should give you that while they get those issues resolved. That's the angle I'd go from and that's the one that I would use a politician to do battle for. Good luck.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

tenni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

my husband just got his interim ead card today! he went on the 94th day after the noa1 received date. here are some specifics:

- went to san jose district location
- infopass appointment at 8:30am
- interim ead card in hand at 10:45am
- expires 1 year (woohoo!)

they kept the original noa1 with biometrics stamp. unfortunately, he didn't write down the case number and we didn't make a copy. so we'll have to call ins and see if we can get the case number to track the status online.

just a reminder: update your ead timelines! http://mediabrew.com/k3/ead_list.php

--tenni
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:47 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future
Angry Re: p****d off

Originally Posted by NKA418
Ric I'm sorry to hear what they did to you. That really sucks big time.

On a similar note, my husband's EAD application was denied. We received a letter yesterday which was dated AUGUST 18, 2004 (didn't realize the mail was that slow???) Oddly enough it wasn't postmarked until September 27th.

I think Cindy will remember that we had this big mess about USCIS saying they were sending a letter requesting more information. Well that was back in May 2004. We never got the letter despite calling them every 30 days (as they requested) stating the mail never came!! So can you imagine our horror to find this letter saying we didn't comply with providing the additional information they requested

My hubby does have his interim EAD but it will expire next month. Luckily (or unluckily) he doesn't have a job yet. However it really bites since now it looks like we'll have to apply all over again.

Ric, I wish you luck in your case...I really feel your pain. Anyone who has suggestions for my case please share them.

Na'imah

Here's an update on my case. I contacted my congressman regarding my husband's EAD denial. I'm waiting for a reply from his office. I refuse to accept this crap they've dealt us w/out a fight. It really sucks that all the money we spent was for nothing.

Na'imah
Old Oct 14th 2004, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

stephiefrank is an unknown quantity at this point

It was the interim one that was denied, still waiting to find out about my real one!!
Thanks for the advise, Steph
Originally Posted by cindyabs
Steph, I would be on some politician'a doorstep asking about this, and I think you may well need to be. I am afraid you might have fallen into the crack here and I am also afraid they will put you off again. Remember the squeaking wheel gets the grease. I can understand that they wouldn't grant you an EAD IF there are "unresolved issues" (what a vague term that is), BUT since you can get an interim one, good for up to 8 months, they should give you that while they get those issues resolved. That's the angle I'd go from and that's the one that I would use a politician to do battle for. Good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 2:26 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Ok, so they started shipping 130s from TSC to NSC then from NSC to CSC and now they've started on 765s? This is too twisted for color tv.......
LMAO Cindy..
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

rainbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: got EAD

Hi,
Just was checking in so you can update your records...my husband got his EAD in the mail on Oct 8th! Yey! Took almost 6 months.
-rainbow
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:21 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an update on my case. I contacted my congressman regarding my husband's EAD denial. I'm waiting for a reply from his office. I refuse to accept this crap they've dealt us w/out a fight. It really sucks that all the money we spent was for nothing.

Na'imah

Give 'em hell girlfriend, !!!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:01 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Na'imah

Argg!! If I were you I would sit at his doorstep and Wouldn't move until he gets your husband his EAD!!
Take care.. and keep us updated!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default EAD approved!

Hey everyone,

Completely stunned and shocked... we just got an email that says David's EAD was approved today (October 29th). I guess it's an example of how random this process is (it's only 94 days from our NOA date)... but this time it worked in our favor. I'm counting the approval as one of my bday presents (will be 38 on Sunday, yes Halloween, eek!).

Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone still waiting (maybe this is a sign of things speeding up??)
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:22 am
Sursum corda

Default Re: EAD approved!

Originally Posted by Buendia
Hey everyone,

Completely stunned and shocked... we just got an email that says David's EAD was approved today (October 29th). I guess it's an example of how random this process is (it's only 94 days from our NOA date)... but this time it worked in our favor. I'm counting the approval as one of my bday presents (will be 38 on Sunday, yes Halloween, eek!).

Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone still waiting (maybe this is a sign of things speeding up??)

Congrats! Happy early birthday!!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buendia
Hey everyone,

Oh My God!!! Totally happy for the two of you but TOTALLY jealous
So you dont even ned the Interim now.... i think that is so unbelievable.
Ok going to go and cry myself to sleep now over my 190 day wait... so far.
Steph
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephiefrank
Oh My God!!! Totally happy for the two of you but TOTALLY jealous
So you dont even ned the Interim now.... i think that is so unbelievable.
Ok going to go and cry myself to sleep now over my 190 day wait... so far.
Steph
Just wanted to let you konw that I finally got approved on Oct. 26th.... the email said that I would get my card within the next 14 days... thank god the wait is over.... and it will be just in time, since my second interim expires on Nov. 10th again!!! ... for all of you still waiting: Don't give up hope, eventually they will come back to your files!!!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sequoia
Just wanted to let you konw that I finally got approved on Oct. 26th.... the email said that I would get my card within the next 14 days... thank god the wait is over.... and it will be just in time, since my second interim expires on Nov. 10th again!!! ... for all of you still waiting: Don't give up hope, eventually they will come back to your files!!!
What was your NOA?
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Candice is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: EAD approved!

Originally Posted by sequoia

It's true. Nearly ten months after they had my application in their hands, I finally have my card! Of course, they sent it to my old address, even after I called them repeatedly to change it, but oh well -- at least I'm still within six months of moving and my mail is still being forwarded!

It was interesting to see what I looked like back in FEBRUARY when I had my biometrics done!
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

tenni is an unknown quantity at this point

husband received his ead in the mail yesterday. 2 weeks after he got his interim. they're moving along quicker than we thought. it's good for 2 years.

i've updated our timeline at: http://mediabrew.com/k3/ead_list.php

for those of you who haven't submitted your timeline, please do so! thanks! and good luck to all those still waiting...

--tenni