Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Interview Date in London :)

Wikiposts

New Interview Date in London :)

Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default New Interview Date in London :)

Hi Folks

Finally i got a response from London Embassy today The have rescheduled me for my interview on 12th September ( for my son also ) I have rebooked our medicals for 5th September and there was no problems doing that

I am so happy I finish work on the 10th September and so it gives me time to get stuff sorted for my move to USA That's assuming all will go well at the interview I'm sure it will and dont see any probs but it's all down to the CO on the day

My husband is over the moon because it really helps our situation

Wish me luck !

Michelle
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Interview Date in London :)

That's great news Michelle!

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously you have overdosed on your similies!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:21 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Congratulations

That's fantastic news. Did the consulate finally reply, or was it the Senator?

Looks like you'll be about 2 weeks behind me.

I'm so excited for you.

Lyn
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
The have rescheduled me for my interview on 12th September ( for my son also ) I have rebooked our medicals for 5th September and there was no problems doing that

I am so happy I finish work on the 10th September
At the risk of stating the obvious - if you are travelling from Scotland, why didn't you book your medical for the afternoon of 11th September, stay over one night, then go to the interview?

Cheaper, you'll be less tired for the interview, and you only travel up once? Am I missing something?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
At the risk of stating the obvious - if you are travelling from Scotland, why didn't you book your medical for the afternoon of 11th September, stay over one night, then go to the interview?

Cheaper, you'll be less tired for the interview, and you only travel up once? Am I missing something?
It would delay the approval - the medical results wouldn't be available when she interviewd. That might be why.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Nottinghamshire UK > Florida > UK 10days >Ireland > BACK IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE UK
pcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nicepcmaccallum is just really nice

Congratulations that is great news. I'm so pleased for all of you.

Wont be long now

Chris
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
It would delay the approval - the medical results wouldn't be available when she interviewd. That might be why.
Didn't delay mine, passport+visa delivered back within a few days of interview. That's the supposed delivery time anyway, even if your medical is out of the way.

If it did delay it, it would be a matter of a day or two - still very likely to be well worth the cost/hassle saving even if you are in a rush.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Didn't delay mine, passport+visa delivered back within a few days of interview. That's the supposed delivery time anyway, even if your medical is out of the way.

If it did delay it, it would be a matter of a day or two - still very likely to be well worth the cost/hassle saving even if you are in a rush.
I was told you'd get your passport back with the visa at the interview, if the medical results were in and were ok.

Can't say from personal experience though, Keith's results were delayed in spite of him having done it ahead (grr).
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Hi All

Well i got my flights & hotel booked for the medical so all set

I am booking my flight & hotel for the interview this afternoon get it all out the way !

I know this is a pricey way of doing things (2 trips to London) but i know if all goes well at the interview on the 12th i will pay the extra to get my passports courierd back so hopefully i will receive them in a day or 2 after the interview
I will by that time have closed up and packed up and be all set to fly a couple days after that because i will be so ready to be with my husband.
We have been apart a year with no visits in-between so the sooner im there the better for us both

I'm excited and nervus at the same time !
I wonder what kinda stuff they ask a 12 year old ? My son has to attend both medical and interview.

Tracy...I know it used to be that K1 visas were issued right there on the day of your interview but not sure if they still do that ?
CR1 & CR2 are NOT given on the day only the approval and passports follow later.

London are fast so lets hope it all goes smoothly

Good Luck to All going through this process

Michelle
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Best of luck! I'm sure it'll go smoothly.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I was told you'd get your passport back with the visa at the interview, if the medical results were in and were ok.
I don't think they ever give you back your passport with the visa inside, on the date of the interview. The passport is always kept and sent back by courier with the visa inside, a few days after the interview (whether the medical results were in or not).

Rene
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think they ever give you back your passport with the visa inside, on the date of the interview. The passport is always kept and sent back by courier with the visa inside, a few days after the interview (whether the medical results were in or not).

Rene
Interesting. Well either it changed recently, or our lawyer was wrong. Doesn't matter though, if that's how it is now, that's how it is
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Well either it changed recently, or our lawyer was wrong. Doesn't matter though, if that's how it is now, that's how it is
Are those our only two choices? Cause it's been that way for several years now...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
Are those our only two choices? Cause it's been that way for several years now...
I vote for choice #2 then. Our being "ours" not the foum's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.