Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Express AOS in Dallas

Wikiposts

New Express AOS in Dallas

Old May 1st 2004, 10:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Express AOS in Dallas

Originally posted by lairdside
He might need the vaccination supplement though ?
Just my thoughts

If his vaccinations were up todate at the time of the medical and the medical is less than a year old then just a copy of the form given him by the doctor might be sufficient. If he didn't get a copy of his vaccination report at the time of the medical then I would still go without it and wait to see what the Dallas office says.
Old May 1st 2004, 3:23 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Just my thoughts

If his vaccinations were up todate at the time of the medical and the medical is less than a year old then just a copy of the form given him by the doctor might be sufficient. If he didn't get a copy of his vaccination report at the time of the medical then I would still go without it and wait to see what the Dallas office says.
I'd get it upfront myself but then, I am paranoid

I'd rather be overprepared in most instances when dealing with the USCIS , please read "armed to the proverbial teeth" (except in certain instances when it can arouse suspicion - in which case I'd carry it with me but conceal it to produce it only if absolutely necessary).

It's their job to satisfy themselves as to the eligibility for the benefit sought - and mine not to give them any excuse not to be completely satisfied, at least that's the way I see it....
Old May 3rd 2004, 2:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Just my thoughts

His vaccinations were up to date at the time of the medical. They gave him everything he needed (I think that is standard w/ K3 medical exams). However, they did not give him copies of any of his vaccination records (I verified that this weekend).

So I am looking at two potential problems..........

1. They may make him go get another medical.

2. We have absolutely no combined financial records.
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
His vaccinations were up to date at the time of the medical. They gave him everything he needed (I think that is standard w/ K3 medical exams). However, they did not give him copies of any of his vaccination records (I verified that this weekend).

So I am looking at two potential problems..........

1. They may make him go get another medical.

2. We have absolutely no combined financial records.
Let's face it, the USCIS can be royal F..ups and be demanding and completely illogical at times. But I'm going to assume something here and that is like when K-1'ers were able to adjust status on the same day as applying for AOS in Dallas, the filers had little if any proof of their commingling of their financial and/or social lives. Let's face it what couple would have proof if they had only been married a few days or weeks.

The assumption here is the same for people using this pilot program in Dallas. You have been married longer, but your foreign spouse has lived away from you in another country more most of your married life. What chance would you have had to add their to your financial records, lease, utilities, car insurance, etc. While you have the opportunity now to add the FS to your employer's records on you as your spouse and emergency contact, a beneficiary of your health plan, etc. it will only have been for the last 30 days or so. (For you that is a lot easier than most because if I remember correctly you married the brother of one of your employers.)

In my mind, and remember this is only me taking this logically from MY viewpoint, the lack of an abundance of proof will not be a deal breaker. Go armed with anything and everything you have on hand. This would include while he was living in his country and from his short time here.

As for the vaccination report, you don't have it so you have two options:

1. Do a cursory visit to an USCIS approved doctor for a new vaccination report; or

2. File without it and see what they have to say.

Rete
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

It is what it is.

He's only been here a couple of months and has had no income in that time. I've had my finances in my own name for the past 17 or so years, and don't see that changing in the immediate future.
The mortgage and car note are in my name, and I'm not likely to change that.

As far as health insurance, I can only add a dependent at open-enrollment and that window passed before he arrived in the U.S. I considered adding him at the time but ended up deciding against it.

Car insurance. I haven't added him because he has no Texas drivers license. He has no drivers license because he has no social security number. He has no social security number because he has not received his EAD.

So, the things that we are planning to change, we are unable to change due to circumstances beyond our control. The other stuff, may never change. The small things I can and will do though, emergency contact, etc.

I will just proceed with what I have.

As far as the medical, we don't particulary want to pay for anything twice. I'll think about that a little bit more while putting together the rest of the paperwork.

Let's face it, the USCIS can be royal F..ups and be demanding and completely illogical at times. But I'm going to assume something here and that is like when K-1'ers were able to adjust status on the same day as applying for AOS in Dallas, the filers had little if any proof of their commingling of their financial and/or social lives. Let's face it what couple would have proof if they had only been married a few days or weeks.

The assumption here is the same for people using this pilot program in Dallas. You have been married longer, but your foreign spouse has lived away from you in another country more most of your married life. What chance would you have had to add their to your financial records, lease, utilities, car insurance, etc. While you have the opportunity now to add the FS to your employer's records on you as your spouse and emergency contact, a beneficiary of your health plan, etc. it will only have been for the last 30 days or so. (For you that is a lot easier than most because if I remember correctly you married the brother of one of your employers.)

In my mind, and remember this is only me taking this logically from MY viewpoint, the lack of an abundance of proof will not be a deal breaker. Go armed with anything and everything you have on hand. This would include while he was living in his country and from his short time here.

As for the vaccination report, you don't have it so you have two options:

1. Do a cursory visit to an USCIS approved doctor for a new vaccination report; or

2. File without it and see what they have to say.

Rete