Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Express AOS in Dallas

Wikiposts

New Express AOS in Dallas

Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:46 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Express AOS in Dallas

I have heard some rumblings about the new AOS pilot program in Dallas.

Does anybody here know more about it?

Leslie
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Express AOS in Dallas

check this, leslie........

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
Old Apr 30th 2004, 6:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by optimist
check this, leslie........

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
Thanks optimist and my guru (who PM'd me the link at the same time).

This is my first question....

Under the Q&A portion for I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) - After saying you cannot mail your application in (you must schedule through the InfoPass scheduling system to qualify), it says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How do I get an appointment?

Please schedule your appointment immediately upon receipt of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, according to the scheduling instructiuons. Failure to do so will delay the completion of your case.

What NOA are they talking about? The I-130 first NOA??
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:52 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Leslie66

Under the Q&A portion for I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) - After saying you cannot mail your application in (you must schedule through the InfoPass scheduling system to qualify), it says:

Please schedule your appointment immediately upon receipt of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, according to the scheduling instructiuons. Failure to do so will delay the completion of your case.

Hmm.. I think it was referring to making an appointment for the biometrics at an application support center.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:55 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:04 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

This is my impression of the process:

You schedule an appointment through the infopass system to submit I-130, I-485 or both.

You go to the appointment with the required application/petition, documents, approval notice(s), spouse, photocopies, medical, photos, money orders/cashiers checks, ID etc.

You receive an I-797 within 10 business days.

You schedule a biometrics appointment at an ASC.

They process your application and if sucessful mail your PR card to your home address within 90 days of the appointment(hopefully).

I think that's how it's supposed to work anyway, briefly. I only read it very hurriedly. I'll read somemore
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:13 pm
Howling at the Moon

I have heard some rumblings about the new AOS pilot program in Dallas.

Does anybody here know more about it?

Leslie
Hmm.. the fact sheet says to turn up no more than 15 minutes before your appointment.

The instructions on the Dallas office website say no more than 30 minutes before your appointment.

Nice to see USCIS being their consistently inconsistent selves again
Old May 1st 2004, 5:19 am
WTF?

Originally posted by lairdside
Hmm.. I think it was referring to making an appointment for the biometrics at an application support center.
If that's the case, good. He's already had his biometrics appointment (for EAD approximately one month ago).
Old May 1st 2004, 5:21 am
WTF?

Thanks Laird. You are a gem.

I'll read more this weekend as well. I'm disappointed that I didn't sent this thread to usenet. Maybe I'll start a new one.......

Originally posted by lairdside
This is my impression of the process:

You schedule an appointment through the infopass system to submit I-130, I-485 or both.

You go to the appointment with the required application/petition, documents, approval notice(s), spouse, photocopies, medical, photos, money orders/cashiers checks, ID etc.

You receive an I-797 within 10 business days.

You schedule a biometrics appointment at an ASC.

They process your application and if sucessful mail your PR card to your home address within 90 days of the appointment(hopefully).

I think that's how it's supposed to work anyway, briefly. I only read it very hurriedly. I'll read somemore
Old May 1st 2004, 5:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If that's the case, good. He's already had his biometrics appointment (for EAD approximately one month ago).

Different biometrics. The one for the EAD is only a single digit while the AOS is full set of prints. Does his receipt say if they did a full set?

Rete
Old May 1st 2004, 5:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Different biometrics. The one for the EAD is only a single digit while the AOS is full set of prints. Does his receipt say if they did a full set?

Rete
Actually it has been talked about before your post when submitted by someone on AVUMB ... even Mr. Folinskyinla has a post in it.

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...r%3D%26hl%3Den

Rete
Old May 1st 2004, 5:31 am
WTF?

Rete
Why am I not surprised?

I don't have the receipt in front of me but I'm 99% sure they did not do the full set.

That's one question answered. He'll definitely have to go to another biometrics appointment.

What about medical? He had his full medical in Casablanca approximately 5 months ago.
Old May 1st 2004, 5:36 am
WTF?

Well, I guess we'll try it.

I see no contraindications to our eligibility and we have nothing to lose, as far as I can tell.

Actually it has been talked about before your post when submitted by someone on AVUMB ... even Mr. Folinskyinla has a post in it.

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...r%3D%26hl%3Den

Rete
Old May 1st 2004, 6:38 am
Concierge

Well, I guess we'll try it.

I see no contraindications to our eligibility and we have nothing to lose, as far as I can tell.

I would go for it. Damn it beats waiting out the system as it currently stands.

Like in the days in 1998 when Dallas, Detroit and Sault Ste. Marie, MI did instant adjustment on a same day walk in basis for K-1'ers after marriage, someone has to be the guinea pig. Now we want to know if you are furry and can wiggle your nose like one ;-)

As for the medical, I would assume not since it is good for a year.

Rete
Old May 1st 2004, 10:03 am
Howling at the Moon

I would go for it. Damn it beats waiting out the system as it currently stands.

Like in the days in 1998 when Dallas, Detroit and Sault Ste. Marie, MI did instant adjustment on a same day walk in basis for K-1'ers after marriage, someone has to be the guinea pig. Now we want to know if you are furry and can wiggle your nose like one ;-)

As for the medical, I would assume not since it is good for a year.

Rete
He might need the vaccination supplement though ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.