Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

New Electronic Visa Form DS-160

Wikiposts

New Electronic Visa Form DS-160

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:52 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default New Electronic Visa Form DS-160

Just getting ready to do my Packet 3, when i noticed on the London US Embassy website that the DS-156 Electronic form has now been replaced by the DS-160 and they wont accept the old DS-156. Has anybody else seen this. Any feedback would be great as i dont want to send the wrong one.
Cheers
Warren
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Electronic Visa Form DS-160

Originally Posted by Waza
Has anybody else seen this. Any feedback would be great as i dont want to send the wrong one.
The DS-156 has been replaced by the DS-160... it's not a trick - and lots of people have seen this.

Ian
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:53 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Oh Cool, so i did send in the right one then....DS-160
I was panicking....Lol
Cheers Man
Waza
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Dreamingaloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Cool, so i did send in the right one then....DS-160
I was panicking....Lol
Cheers Man
Waza
After you signed the DS-160 did it give you a message to say successfully completed or did it just return to the beginning again? I also didn't receive an email confirmation after I submitted it! Its not the greatest
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:10 am
Blue

It just said....... "completed form" Please save or print for your records.
That's it, i have had no e-mail confirming it. Pretty confusing to say the least
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Helen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really nice

I'm a little confused, I've just come to filling out my 'packet 3' forms using the link they provided in my letter (recieved 20th March) and it still says I need to fill in the DS-156 but then I noticed this thread so for my K1 fiancee visa which should I complete the DS-156 or the DS-160?
And what about the DS-157 still complete this?

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:19 am
Blue

Helen.
Iv'e done the new DS-160 form, and the DS-157
I only hope this is the correct way to go. If not i'm sure i will hear something

Waza
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Helen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really niceHelen23 is just really nice

Helen.
Iv'e done the new DS-160 form, and the DS-157
I only hope this is the correct way to go. If not i'm sure i will hear something

Waza
Thanks! One other question in concern to the DS-157 I cannot access it when I click the link on the http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html
its says page cannot be found! did u have this problem?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:41 am
Blue

Yeah sure did, just download it off this website.
All this is mind boggling isn't it...Lol
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Dreamingaloud is an unknown quantity at this point

the only way we could upload our pictures was if we made them black and white, they wouldn't accept the colour versions no matter how many times we tried! very frustrating, i'm going to call them tomorrow and explain this and hope they accept them. Are the pictures they require only for entry that day or are they the actual pictures they use on the visas?

what happens if someone hasn't got a scanner etc?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Good questions being asked the past few days. I see on the London consular section's web site that both DS-156 and DS-160 are listed, with DS-156 marked, (K visa applicants only). DS-157 is marked likewise.

Transitions can be difficult, no matter how carefully planned out.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Helen23
I'm a little confused, I've just come to filling out my 'packet 3' forms using the link they provided in my letter (recieved 20th March) and it still says I need to fill in the DS-156 but then I noticed this thread so for my K1 fiancee visa which should I complete the DS-156 or the DS-160?
And what about the DS-157 still complete this?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

I called the embassy they said to just fill out the DS-156 rather than DS-160
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:00 am
Blue

Ok Cheers. Although i have already filled in the DS-160. I will fill in the other one as well.
Waza