Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Wikiposts

new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Originally Posted by mumtwo2
ppl can call me selfish all they like but i am thinki about my kids too. not all ppl run away with there tails between the legs emma. fine you did what you thought was best and thats what im doing just coz yours didnt end the way you wanted. doesnt mean my will but yes your right it could be. and ofcouse i plan on flying the kids to met him. think what you like of me i was asked for the facts so i could get better advise so thats what i did.

thanks to all those ppl that gave me good advise and im sorry to all those ppl who havent had the outcome they wanted and feel the need to take it out on other ppls
ppl?
I haven't taken anything out on you. My situation has not ended badly at all. In fact, I needed this lesson to grow and to become "me" without my exes hold over me.
If you are feeling sensitive because not everyone is congratulating you on your decision, then that's up to you.
I was merely giving you a bit of good advice based on my own experience. You can't get advice from people without experience, can you?!
Take it, don't take it. Not up to me, and not my problem.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 2:20 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Your ex may not have parental responsibility over your eldest child, but he does over your youngest, and that is where, if he objects, you will fall at the first hurdle.

Have you spoken to him about your plans to leave the country yet and seen how he responds?
If he is against you going, you really need to sort out an order for leave to remove juresdiction for your youngest child before you start on all the immigration paperwork - it takes the same length of time before all the reports are done (if he fights you that is), and if you delay starting it, it could end up doubling the length of time you have to wait before you can move.

Dont forget, just because he's not got Parental Responsibility for your eldest child now, does not mean he cannot get it - its something he can apply to the court for and self represent and will cost him virtually nothing.

As others have said - your new partner really needs to spend some time with you all as a family, why dont you pop over to the states on the VWP for an extended stay, with the kids, and see how you all get on - have a nice little trial run before you start the heaps of paperwork.