Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Wikiposts

new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:12 am
Just Joined

mumtwo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new, 101 question could anyone help!!!

yes my exis the biological father to both my kids but coz he never married me and the law changed and my oldest was born before dec 2003 he has no rights over her.

and yes he was detain at uk immigration and we still dont know y they refused to tell us.

and yes i think my mum did hear it off of tv lol. coz she is happy to have them when ever i need her too she will never say know coz she sees it as spending time with he grandkids not helping me.

yes i agree a fresh start and a different way of life.

and as i said im sure my mum will watch the kids y i visit the embassy and medical if not i do have other family or friends that will do it for me who think i should go and not let anyone hold me back

thanks for all your help
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:14 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumtwo2
and yes he was detain at uk immigration and we still dont know y they refused to tell us.
There is usually something stampoed in his passport.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
There is usually something stampoed in his passport.
yes it was but he never had a passport till he got one to fly over to see me and he dont have a criminal record so was no reason for it. he could try and enter the country again but would need to call the embassy first and think it would be better if he got a vistors visa instead of coming over here on the waver.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:44 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

yes it was but he never had a passport till he got one to fly over to see me and he dont have a criminal record so was no reason for it. he could try and enter the country again but would need to call the embassy first and think it would be better if he got a vistors visa instead of coming over here on the waver.
When he came over to visit you, he obviously had his passport with him. What did UK immigration stamp in his passport when he was detained and sent back?

~ Jenney
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

and as i said im sure my mum will watch the kids y i visit the embassy and medical if not i do have other family or friends that will do it for me who think i should go and not let anyone hold me back
If your child or children are immigrating with you, they will also need to have medicals and attend the interview with you, anyway. No need to have someone watch them while you do yours...you'll do them all at the same time.

Rene
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

ok ill try and keep this short i met my boyfriend online 10 months ago he is a usc and im a ukc i was still with my ex at the time we fell in love i have visited him twice each time staying for 2 weeks and have only fallen in love with him more. he did try to visit me first but got detand we still dont know why! he has a good job and has shown he can support me we have also spoken to a lawyer who will help us with the k1. here comes the problems we have the money for the k1 but i have to get a 90 day notice for my ex coz i have 2 kids with him but he has no parental rights over my oldest coz he never married me and the year she was born. my family is also not happy about me moving over there they are not thinking about the fact my kids will be better off over there and have a better life all they are thinking about is they dont want to have to fly so far to see them. ok so here are the questions

i have visited him twice but not yet taken my kids my mum says that is abandonment is it? and will that make things hard for me trying to get my son there?

i have debts my ex left me with and now on benefits and my boyfriend trying to pay out to get things sort for us all coming there im slow at paying them off will that affect my k1? even if i keep my bank account here and keep paying them off?

can my kids come with me on the k1 when i go to marry him and stay in the country with me?

will i be able to visit him when the k1 is going though?

i know alot of question but i want to make sure we do it right so there is no way for it to take to long or not go though

thanks to anyone that can help
Not the best thing to do to tell you the truth.
If he loves you, why doesn't he move there? Any man worth their salt would insist on it rather than uprooting the kids.
And is their dad fine with that?
Are the kids ok with being parted from their Father and their family while you go goofing off around the world with them in tow?
It's a bit selfish, isn't it.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think we do understand. However, getting permission from your ex to remove your youngest from the UK permanently is not an immigration matter, it's a civil matter for you. You don't have to prove anything to immigration, you just have to provide written permission or a court document or something which shows the father is OK with his son immigrating. That's something you might need an attorney for in the UK.

Rene
Watch the ex be ok with that.
She should be prepared for a long drawn out battle... I was in exactly the same situation and backed off and ran... and that's led me to not seeing my kids for the last 9 months.
Now, I have come to the sensible conclusion the very long way round, which is that my kids are too important, I will go back to the UK and my hub will move over there once we have all the relevant visas, etc.
I'm glad the kids have had stability with my family since I have been gone, but I wish that I hadn't thought the grass was greener, it wasn't.
I hope she doesn't make the same ridiculous mistake...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
Not the best thing to do to tell you the truth.
If he loves you, why doesn't he move there? Any man worth their salt would insist on it rather than uprooting the kids.
And is their dad fine with that?
Are the kids ok with being parted from their Father and their family while you go goofing off around the world with them in tow?
It's a bit selfish, isn't it.
Seems a bit harsh - if he has a good career in the US, how do you know it would translate to the UK?

Furthermore, if she is on benefits in the UK, she would not be qualified to sponsor him to come over there - so I really doubt it is an option for them, for him to immigrate instead.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tracym
Seems a bit harsh - if he has a good career in the US, how do you know it would translate to the UK?

Furthermore, if she is on benefits in the UK, she would not be qualified to sponsor him to come over there - so I really doubt it is an option for them, for him to immigrate instead.
I'm thinking of the kids and their relationship with their father. From the sounds of it, she left her ex for this bloke, wants to run off to the US to be with him, take her kids away from their father, and without thought or care for that as she states that he doesn't have parental rights over her oldest. Watch that particular argument backfire when the kids are older...
I have enough experience in that situation.I know of all the hurt it can cause.
I've caused enough of it to my own kids and my family, although I didn't run off with them, they stayed in the UK with their Father.
I'm not going to stand by and not say anything while I see someone about to make the same sort of mistake!
She's stuck between a rock and a hard place, because if she takes the kids, she's selfish because of taking them away from the father, and if she leaves them there, she's a selfish mother. So she can't win.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
I'm thinking of the kids and their relationship with their father. From the sounds of it, she left her ex for this bloke, wants to run off to the US to be with him, take her kids away from their father, and without thought or care for that as she states that he doesn't have parental rights over her oldest. Watch that particular argument backfire when the kids are older...
I have enough experience in that situation.I know of all the hurt it can cause.
I've caused enough of it to my own kids and my family, although I didn't run off with them, they stayed in the UK with their Father.
I'm not going to stand by and not say anything while I see someone about to make the same sort of mistake!
She's stuck between a rock and a hard place, because if she takes the kids, she's selfish because of taking them away from the father, and if she leaves them there, she's a selfish mother. So she can't win.
I understand you believe you made a mistake. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

But everyone's situation is different, I can't presume to know hers.

When she was in the U.S., her mother took care of the kids, the ex didn't. She says the ex doesn't see the kids much.

I have no idea if its a good idea for her or not, but she seems to think so, and does appear to be thinking of the kids welfare as well.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:53 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

when i went to met my boyfriend it was to get to know him before putting him into my kids lifes ...
Don't you think that it would be a good idea for your boyfriend and your children to at least meet and spend some time together before you plunge into immigration? What if they don't get along? What if he decides after spending time with them that he's not ready for kids?

I'm not saying this will happen, but blending families is difficult enough when immigration isn't in the picture. To be fair to both your boyfriend and especially to your children, they need to spend some time together first to determine whether this would be in everyone's best interest.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tracym
I understand you believe you made a mistake. Of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

But everyone's situation is different, I can't presume to know hers.

When she was in the U.S., her mother took care of the kids, the ex didn't. She says the ex doesn't see the kids much.

I have no idea if its a good idea for her or not, but she seems to think so, and does appear to be thinking of the kids welfare as well.
It's not that I'm meaning to come across as harsh or nasty, but I'm just trying to give her what "could" happen as a dose of reality, a wake up call. I wish someone had been harsh with me before I thought I knew best and went messing lives up. I may have considered what could happen in that circumstance. At the very least I would have done a bit more research and may have come to the conclusion that it wasn't a good idea after all.
I just get the impression it's not been well thought out and that she is acting selfishly. I'm only going on what she has said here.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:23 am
All or Nuffin'

Archibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of light

Hasn't the original poster already got to the stage of consulting a lawyer and having the emotional lecture from her family? ... as I see it she has already considered the consequences of taking the children with her. She came to this board for advice from others that have made/are making the move to the USA. No need to drag her around the playground .... we have the trailer park board to do that to people
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Archibald_Leach
Hasn't the original poster already got to the stage of consulting a lawyer and having the emotional lecture from her family? ... as I see it she has already considered the consequences of taking the children with her. She came to this board for advice from others that have made/are making the move to the USA. No need to drag her around the playground .... we have the trailer park board to do that to people
Unfortunately some who have been here a few years have come
across similar scenario before..and not always ending well ....
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

ppl can call me selfish all they like but i am thinki about my kids too. not all ppl run away with there tails between the legs emma. fine you did what you thought was best and thats what im doing just coz yours didnt end the way you wanted. doesnt mean my will but yes your right it could be. and ofcouse i plan on flying the kids to met him. think what you like of me i was asked for the facts so i could get better advise so thats what i did.

thanks to all those ppl that gave me good advise and im sorry to all those ppl who havent had the outcome they wanted and feel the need to take it out on other ppls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.