Wikiposts

Nervous Husband

Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nervous Husband

My hubby too. He worries he'll fail the Medical because he smokes, even though he's in tip-top health.

I assume no one has been rejected because they smoke??
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Typical British male by the sounds of it... I went through it and paniced at every step despite having no criminal record and having everything that the visa people were asking for.

If you/he thinks that the problem is the move in general, it's a fear of change and a fear of the unknown.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Angelheart1962 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
He's not the only one. Even though I have no criminal record, a little debt and have never overstayed, I'm still freaking out. Worried that for some asinine reason I'll be denied and then where will me and hubby be? He doesn't like it here and I'm denied there...we'll have to move to Autralia or live in the Atlantic Ocean! It's natural to worry but if you don't try then you'll never know! xx
Glad to know there are other people like me out there!! I'm worried as hell about my interview next month. I have one incident of self harm in my past which was over 5 years ago due to extreme stress, and was a one off, but even though I got a letter from my doctor about it and nothing was really mentioned at my medical (apart from asking me the circumstances) I am SO worried I will get rejected because of it. I keep thinking how stupid I am going to look when I tell everyone I am not moving to the States after all!
I think if you're a worrier it's perfectly natural to be apprehensive about one of the biggest things that's ever happened in your life. Good luck x
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Angelheart1962
Glad to know there are other people like me out there!! I'm worried as hell about my interview next month. I have one incident of self harm in my past which was over 5 years ago due to extreme stress, and was a one off, but even though I got a letter from my doctor about it and nothing was really mentioned at my medical (apart from asking me the circumstances) I am SO worried I will get rejected because of it. I keep thinking how stupid I am going to look when I tell everyone I am not moving to the States after all!
I think if you're a worrier it's perfectly natural to be apprehensive about one of the biggest things that's ever happened in your life. Good luck x
I really don't think you have anything to worry about. You've passed your medical and from what my friends have told me about their interviews, it's over before you even know its started! lol! It just gives you a chance to gush about your other half and your awesome relationship (as if we need an excuse)! I think it's just because it's such a big change and I'm sure something you've been wanting for the longest time. One of the things that really breaks my heart is that when my husband and I got married a few years back we honestly didn't think we would be apart again. It's tough having to make the decision to live apart so that we can eventually live together!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Nervous Husband

Well I'm REALLY worrying now, because after my previous post I sent an email to the embassy in London just to make sure they had received my medical report from Knightsbridge Doctors and they emailed back 'This office has not received your cleared medical reports.' !!
I called Knightsbridge and they told me the report was collected on Jan 19th, but they dont pass or fail you, they go to a doctor at the embassy who has a look and then okays them. So now of course I am in a panic in case my ONE incident of self harm 5 years ago, for Gods sake, has been red flagged and I'm going to get denied.
PLEASE if anyone has similar experience let me know what happened to you...really stressed now!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 4:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Angelheart, that's not how it works (instant denial) and the rest of your message is really just you working yourself up, so stop it.

You can not track individual documents through the Embassy. The system works, trust it.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

I got an email from the embassy this morning to say the reports were filed under my sons name instead of mine, so they do have them. Doh......(sorry meauxna!)
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:54 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angelheart1962
Well I'm REALLY worrying now, because after my previous post I sent an email to the embassy in London just to make sure they had received my medical report from Knightsbridge Doctors and they emailed back 'This office has not received your cleared medical reports.' !!
I called Knightsbridge and they told me the report was collected on Jan 19th, but they dont pass or fail you, they go to a doctor at the embassy who has a look and then okays them. So now of course I am in a panic in case my ONE incident of self harm 5 years ago, for Gods sake, has been red flagged and I'm going to get denied.
PLEASE if anyone has similar experience let me know what happened to you...really stressed now!
Just try not to work yourself up for things like that. I had a similar day of panic back when my I-130 had been approved, I had received the approval letter from USCIS which said the case had been forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit, and 4 weeks later I emailed the Visa Unit asking for my case number and they emailed back saying they hadn't received my case (and the two Units are parts of the same Embassy)!!!
I panicked, but with the help of some people in here I got over it and I came to understand that when they say "we haven't received it" it actually means "it's sitting on a pile in our office waiting to be processed/filed"
I suggest you start interpreting similar responses as above and you'll be fine for the rest of the process
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand where he coming from. I get myself really stressed out about the whole situation. I think its only normal!
I have started restricting myself on checking my status online...it hasnt been 'touched' for 4 months which worries me, but my rational self says that, that doesnt mean anything and to just keep thinking positive!